Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear. Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places! Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now. And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Saggy saggy mwhahahar put on some clothes for god sakes woman soapbox

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
But he wasn't rude either....

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
What? Have you actually read his post FRD?

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Yeah. And he raises a good point.

smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ubblol now now boys...

see I think madonna looks good in a leotard, but not as good as me biggrin ubblol

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
The more I read your post the more I dont like it...

Written by: Brit_Joe

Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear.

Britney = popstar. Madonna = popstar. Britney = great body. Madonna = great body. Britney = young. Madonna = "old". And?
And almost anything she isn't 50. I dislike (as I know you were itching to use to word 'hate' in your post but didn't want to spark up controversy - you failed wink ) it went people stick an almost to an age. I love the way when you get to the last few years of a decade age bracket you automatically leap to the next age bracket - 47? May as well as be 50 wink
And prancing around?! I suggest you go to the dance and choreography lessons that she does and then tell me its 'prancing about'.

Written by: BritJoe

Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places!

Boob's go downwards when you get a little older. Fact.
Yours will too someday wink
And for a skinny little thing like her she dosnt have much to drop anyhow.

Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now.

If my mum looked like that. I'd be egging her on from the side lines biggrin

And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Why does a blip in the way teeth sit be fine at 30 but not at 50?

rolleyes

Sorry to pick your whole post apart. But it annoyed me the more and more I read it mad

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Alright, I apologise, I quite obviously missed the point.

Mentioning fashion was most certainly wrong in a thread in which Brit_Joe was telling us how he doesn't like watching tv involving people with a gap between their teeth or saggy flesh.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Why is everyone so upset about this? umm

I thought it was common knowledge that you started dying slowly from age 21 anyway? ubbangel

*ducks and runs*

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*cough* *cough*

I may remind you, young sir, that there will be a girl over the age of 21 within hitting range of you in about eight mos time. tongue biggrin mad juggle bounce2 angel2 kiss spank ubblol

On topic, I'm not a fan of madonna in that outfit. But then my best friend hates my outfit choices half the time, etc, etc. And I agree with Sethis, she does look sexier with more clothing, but who's to say that she's trying to look sexy? We all know she can be....

And as for myself, sometimes "revealing" clothing is just a means of being the right temperature or getting tan. (Its often way too hot in clubs). *shrugs* Not that I have madonna's body or any such, (for a variety of reasons) but I do my best.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
This is hilarious biggrin

I think i'll side with the X-Men ubblol

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
X-Men? When did they get involved in this controversy? Is Madonna a mutant? If so part of her power is clearly getting people to spend lots of time discussing her in forums. ubblol

I'm siding with the X-Men though too. They're my people.

peace

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I want to be an X-Man... but they're elitist and won't let me join frown

Written by: Kyrian

Not that I have madonna's body or any such, (for a variety of reasons) but I do my best.

I would say you've got a better figure than Madonna, but I know you'll just shout loudly at me again, same as you always do when I tell you there's nothing wrong with your body tongue hug kiss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ooooh x-men, this has inspired me to start a new convo smile

CrazyHippyChickSILVER Member
errrrrr what?
198 posts

Posted:
i think the point here is madddona doesnt actually look 48. i,m not a fan of hers but i think she looks great for her age and can get away with wearing the things she wears. id be happy to look like here at 48

I'll come back as fire and burn all the liars and leave a blanket of ashes on the ground.
I could write the new bridget jones diary only mine would be more bizarre, funnier, dirtier more unbelievabe and bloody true!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I thought the Madgeter looked pretty in her new vid. Its not like I go round oogling ladies bodies or anything...

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

Dani, IMO then she looks sexier the more clothes she puts on. Why didn't she just do a video where she is wearing a pair of jeans and jumper/tee-shirt?

The part where she's wearing a leotard is gratuitous and I think just fills the obligatory space in what seems like every music video nowadays that says "Semi naked lady here".

There is no reason. It just is. Maybe the music industry thinks people can't pay attention for 3.5 minutes if they're not treated to sexual material. Or maybe it's a reason to watch an otherwise completely boring song, and thus raise ratings? shrug

sethis since where did i say she didnt look sexy in more clothes???

i mentioned the choreography of the video and the fact of what the song is about and that in a dance studio you will wear clothes to dance to and in madona's era was leotard and tights, and so that is what she is showed wearing in the studio, there is also part of the video where she is in a bar wearing jeans i think, so it is all to do with choreography and music videos and how the video/ song sells....

clearly people think she wanted to dress like that just for the attention yet have no clue about choreography and how putting it all together is about sales

in reality she is normal and wears normal clothing she isnt like some stars who turn up in see through dresses to award ceremonies just to get in the papers
in fact the only tabloids on the real madona is usually about her in her family surroundings

at the end of the day she is doing a job just like everyone else and that includes her wearing outfits that people may or may not approve of

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

munkypunksGOLD Member
enthusiast, but not enthusiastic
367 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Anyway, I hope I'm in as good shape as she is when I'm her age. The revealing nature of the outfit Joe is opposed to doesn't bother me, I just think leotards are ugly and no-one should wear them.

Hear, hear!! Leotards ARE ugly. And the leotard look was way over by the mid-80's, when Madonna got her big breaks. Her whole retro-70's look is a sham and icky to boot. I don't know which I dislike more: the leotard or the hair.

But, that having been said, I love Madonna's whole reinvention shtick, the message that no matter what, you can always start over, be someone else. And I respect her right to try different things and make mistakes. But I'm not going to watch it, nor am I going to buy the album.

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

PrimeMovernewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Madonna is hot and Hung Up is amazaing, incredible, unbelievable.
All this makes me think that Madonna is in fact infallible....haha.
I think there is something alluring about her age not influencing her on stage.
I'm looking forward to more of this piff from Madonna quite frankly.

yay Madonna ^.^

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

(as I know you were itching to use to word 'hate' in your post but didn't want to spark up controversy - you failed)

I can honestly say the word hate never crossed my mind, its too much of a strong word I dont often use it. Where'd you get that from though aimee? Hey but dont worrie about it you can say what you like, anyone can.

The only thing I dont like is bovrils shitty attitude, his second post in particular.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I don't think his post was pooey (family board joe wink), and nor do I think he should have apologised for it.
It was sarcastic yes, but I didn't consider it rude. They way your post comes over, seems that you must know what every person in a certain age group must wear shrug

And I also think you need to be put in a playground when I read 'saggy saggy mwraahhahah'.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:

Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear. Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places! Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now. And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Joe, you've most surely had some better posts. I'd agree with what Fi said- if you don't have something good to say about someone, don't say it at all. Would you say the same thing about a 50 year old spinning socks?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
okay, so we're all getting just a tad personal. Let's keep it on topic, as opposed to judging one and other's prejudgements, yeah?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
ditto
She's a pop star. She can survive a few people not finding her attractive or disliking her outfits. Obviously a lot of people do find her attractive but I think it's excessive to try and defend her tooth and nail, especialy when many of the comments contain a pinch of irony.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

I don't think his post was pooey (family board joe ), and nor do I think he should have apologised for it.
It was sarcastic yes, but I didn't consider it rude.

I did, I see them both as being written purly to be as sarcastic as actually possible, for what reason? None at all from whats written in them other than to be used as a ccome back. Madonna and Borvil must be the best of friends smile

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
I think Madonna should do what ever makes her feel good. Who are we to tell her what to do with her career? She is at a good age and she looks stunning...still. She can do what she wants, where will we be when we are 50? She is making the most out of what she has, and I dont blame here one bit.

But hey, thats just my opinion.

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

I did, I see them both as being written purly to be as sarcastic as actually possible, for what reason? None at all from whats written in them other than to be used as a ccome back. Madonna and Borvil must be the best of friends smile

Oh, I'm sure I could have made them more sarcastic, had I tried a bit more.

Those posts had their reasons - to show how absurd I find judging people based purely on their age and looks, while adding just a tiny bit of humour.

At least some people found them slightly funny.

*shrug* If you took them as personal attacks, that's not my problem - read them again and imagine they've got a plethora of wink smile tongue and whatever other graemlins you like at the end if it helps.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Plethora... that's a posh word smile

Is this a bad time to mention Innocent smoothies, had one today, drunk it within 5 minutes of purchase, the entire Litre carton... Yummy biggrin

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Yes, Asena, it is. *shakes head* wink

I find posts funny even when I disagree violently with them! (Violent in this case meaning "somewhat"... I had a sudden attack of violence. By which I mean "Incoherence") rolleyes

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
im not a huge fan of Madonna. some of her music i like some of it i dont. but i think she is amazingly smart and clever. she has not kept with her signiture look, or sound or whatever. she has changed her look, and her music to fit in with whatever is populer for the time.
not to mention LOOK AT THE LADY!! im 20 and dont have a hope in hell of looking like her, let alone looking like her when im 50!
ubblol

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"his second post"

Can I have a map please?
Or was it deleted? umm

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
No, you cannot have a map. You have to use ctrl f and search for it. Do a durbs, boyo!!! wink

Well, I am friends with Bovril. And a while back when me, Bov and Mads were sitting around innocently having a few smoothies and discussing our saggy bits, we came to the conclusion that if we thought we looked kikarse in lycra, then we would wear it no matter what someone else thought was appropriate. wink

ubbangel

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Page: