Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear. Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places! Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now. And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Saggy saggy mwhahahar put on some clothes for god sakes woman soapbox

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i'm going to disagree with you there Joey McJoe.
If I was Madonna, I'd be out there prancing about! God, I'm a wobbly mess and I'm 24! She's double my age and looks about 50 times better (yes, it seems impossible, I mean i'm adorable!).
I hope i'm still as mad as ever when I'm 90, let alone 50! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Huh?

Madonna's a hottie.... smile

And a clever one too...

smile

Love is the law.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
I never really found Madonna attractive. She's a bit wooly headed and her music doesn't really appeal to me. That said I think it's good for people other than the stereotypical teenie bobber to be jumping around. Gives a bit of variety y'know.

Shouldn't this be in chat though?

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
I dont mind her prancing about biggrin

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
If you can't say something nice about someone don't say it at all.

I'm guess at her age everyone here will be wishing they could still do half the stuff she could do.

*walks away wondering why people bitch feel the need to bitch about other people*

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
Im gonna have to agree with Joe on this one. shes not somuch toned as thin and stringy. and to be honest, her face isnt holding up as well as her body, shes getting a touch wrinkly.

not that im aganst her personally, its just the thoght of someone my grandmas age dancing about in a very tiny leotard makes me shudder.

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
If you don't want to see it don't watch it or listen to it. Simple solution really, change the channel.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ok, so Skully started a thread about how beauty wasnt just skin deep. What's this crap about?!
Plus, gaps in between teeth are great! My gap is cooooooool! oh yeah.
biggrin i dont like madonna, but who cares. she's still going. good on her for it.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
ditto

and this thread proves that you don't need talent to make a music video in the pop industry. Just a young, pert body /sarcasm

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: LazyAngel

and this thread proves that you don't need talent to make a music video in the pop industry. Just a young, pert body /sarcasm

Since Madonna has neither? wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Dont get me wrong im a fan of madonna I just think the old hooker look dosent suit her. Personally I think she deserves the upmost respect, but dressing like this? God no

Non-Https Image Link

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Joe, no offense. But if you ever do that again.... mad2 mad2 mad2 mad2 wink

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Why do people feel the need to critisize other people?

It's just nasty....

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Why so superficial?

It's exactly this attitude that is causing more and more people to be obsessed about the the way they look, have such low self esteem, develop eating disorders, get depressed, self harm, consider/commit suicide etc... (the list is nigh endless)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

Why so superficial?

It's exactly this attitude that is causing more and more people to be obsessed about the the way they look, have such low self esteem, develop eating disorders, get depressed, self harm, consider/commit suicide etc... (the list is nigh endless)

I can't tell, are you refering to the attitude perpetrated by Madonna (you need to try to look like a teeny bopper even when you're a senior), or the attitute of her critics (stop trying to look like a teeny bopper, don't be ashamed of being a senior).

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
A gay man bitching about a celebraties choice of stage outfits.. rolleyes wink

Did your finger slip and click 'diccusion' rather than 'chat'?

The phrase 'stage outfits' being the key word here..As a performer she has every right to wear whatever the hell she likes on stage. I'm sure she dosnt wear those type of outfits when shes around her family, or nipping to tesco express to pick up some milk...

When you googled for her pictures you forgot to add in images to your post like this and this

Whats the big deal? As already mentioned you don't have to watch.

Switch the box of doom off

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1139512561)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: Aimée

A gay man bitching about a celebraties choice of stage outfits..

I'm straight and think she should reconsider her choice. What's sexual orientation have to do with it?
wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Patriarch917 - I was referring to the attitude of her critics. Sorry, I should've been clearer... smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Ugh I really dislike the way Madonna at allmost 50 is prancing around stage in outfits Britney Spears would wear. Yes she looks great but theres no getting away from the fact that she is starting to drop in places! Whos is she trying to fool, that and she has children its allmost embarresing to watch music videos shes in now. And that gap in her teeth biggrin might have looked fine at 30, but not now!

Saggy saggy mwhahahar put on some clothes for god sakes woman soapbox

maybe this could be seen as a more general discussion about age-appropriateness (a topic i've seen in here before) rather than a chat specifically about madonna and jo's choice of topics?

1) why is it any more "appropriate" for Britney to wear that crap? because you personally would rather see it?
2) don't you answer you own question here on who she's trying to fool about her physique? "noone" if she's wearing such skimpy clothes, right?
3) brits talking bad about americans' dentistry must be some kind of stereotype reversal... do you honestly think she couldn't have it fixed if she wanted? lol.

then again, anytime i've seen tina turner performing for the last say.. 10 years.. i've kinda had the same thoughts. why do we care and what can we do about it?

-- dut

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Written by: Patriarch917

I can't tell, are you refering to the attitude perpetrated by Madonna (you need to try to look like a teeny bopper even when you're a senior), or the attitute of her critics (stop trying to look like a teeny bopper, don't be ashamed of being a senior).

I sure hope you kids get some perspective as you mature. Madonna, while she certainly isn't young anymore, is not yet a senior.

That being said, I am worried that Madonna, unlike say Tina Turner, is not going to grow old gracefully. I've been a fan of hers since the beginning -- which I suspect is before a lot of people in these forums were even born. I was 13 when her first record came out (on vinyl, there were no CD's yet much less downloadable formats) so I grew up with her. Now that I think about it, I've been a Madonna fan for a full two-thirds of my life so far! eek I think because of that my investment in her is perhaps somewhat irrational, which is why I care how gracefully she ages. I know there are more important things in the world to care about -- and I do -- but Madonna's been a constant presence in my life and I find her & her music comforting.

Anyway, I hope I'm in as good shape as she is when I'm her age. The revealing nature of the outfit Joe is opposed to doesn't bother me, I just think leotards are ugly and no-one should wear them.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
I kind of agree with joe here, I don't mind the music but I do turn that video over if it comes on TV, it's a little shocking.

Yeh that's superficial etc etc but I am human after all, and I'm sorry that's something my brain tells me is rather horrible. I just find it shocking that an artist of her vintage find it necessary to dress like that - it's not going to turn many people on (which IS the intended purpose), and is therefore not really going to be benificial. I suppose it is generating publicity.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

Dont get me wrong im a fan of madonna I just think the old hooker look dosent suit her. Personally I think she deserves the upmost respect, but dressing like this? God no

Non-Https Image Link

Madonna's an artist. She's a performance artist.

In reality, she's pretty normal, at least from what I hear. Married, kids, low-key. I mean, she has some pretty leftist views and some rather off-mainstream interests and practices, but I can't imagine that a community of fire performers can fault her for that.

But she's such a brilliant artist that she makes people THINK she's a slut/hussy/etc. She's provocative and she's unlike the rest of the 80's pop stars who she left in the dust because 20 years later she's still fresh, new, and innovative. Every album is something new and different. People who weren't even alive when her first album came out are now snapping up her latest CD like candy. And Joe? That includes you. You weren't alive in 1984 and if you were you were too busy mewling in your bassinet to buy music.

And if she can get you all riled up and angry, then she's done her job well.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
just because she is doing something she wants to do and not want some people thinks she should do while macking millions at the same time! Anyhoo when did this become a site to bitch about people anyway joe?
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
just because she is doing something she wants to do and not want some people thinks she should do while macking millions at the same time! Anyhoo when did this become a site to bitch about people anyway joe?
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well I wouldnt buy her albums more or any less because of this oppinion ive been forming of her. Its just that I have old fashiond views, one of which is dressing appropriatly for your age. I doooo not think its appropriate for a 48 year old mother to wear things like that. Yes she dresses up nicely at other times like aimee said but in a way that makes her stage outfits a little bit worse, shes knows how to dress and look good she's proved that before without forcing herself into something tight.

I would like to have thought that Madonna was above the whole 'wear something tight' that pop music has turned into, we have had Jenniffer Ellison, The Pussy Cat Dolls, Girls Aloud, Christina Millan, and a whole other host of pop artists stripping off to there bra's and G-Strings and singing about sex and 'uh uh' in videos and in singles and covering themselves in mud. Apart from being a little old and samey its tediose now, Madonna is sooo above that and has been for a long time.

Theres no such thing as 'bitching', people just tell you to 'stop bitching' whenever you say something that they dont agree with. By saying stop bitching, your bitching...so stop bitching wink

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
madonna.......................well, i'd bang her even if she is pushing 50 ubblol

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:

Well I wouldnt buy her albums more or any less because of this oppinion ive been forming of her. Its just that I have old fashiond views, one of which is dressing appropriatly for your age. I doooo not think its appropriate for a 48 year old mother to wear things like that. Yes she dresses up nicely at other times like aimee said but in a way that makes her stage outfits a little bit worse, shes knows how to dress and look good she's proved that before without forcing herself into something tight.

I would like to have thought that Madonna was above the whole 'wear something tight' that pop music has turned into, we have had Jenniffer Ellison, The Pussy Cat Dolls, Girls Aloud, Christina Millan, and a whole other host of pop artists stripping off to there bra's and G-Strings and singing about sex and 'uh uh' in videos and in singles and covering themselves in mud. Apart from being a little old and samey its tediose now, Madonna is sooo above that and has been for a long time.

Theres no such thing as 'bitching', people just tell you to 'stop bitching' whenever you say something that they dont agree with. By saying stop bitching, your bitching...so stop bitching wink

so is it bad because she's old, bad because she's supposed to be "above it", or is it really just bad because you want to identify with madonna more than you actually do? if she "knows how to dress and look good" and also chooses to wear something tight, isn't it possible that the tight stuff she chooses looks good to most people who aren't phobic of tight clothing? see how you start off claiming it's bad for "48 year old mothers" to wear stuff that's too tight, then also bash other people who are younger but wear tight clothing as if the only reason to do that is to hide their lack of talent.

in conclusion, people actually complain most about "bitching" (and i've seen a LOT of this argument) when they hear someone saying things about other people they should be saying about themselves. here, for example, the problem isn't that madonna's getting old. it's that you're getting too old and your views are old fashioned (which you realize later i guess?). "you're just saying that b/c you don't agree with me" is such a copout, even when it makes for catchy lines like your last sentence. there's a very slight difference between being disagreed with and being perceived as being generally disagreeable, often just for the sake of disagreement. that's probably what people mean when they call your statements "bitchy".

i'd seriously read this piece of net history if i were worried about how people percieve me and try to, in general, not be such a troll. wink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
the second paragraph under "vicious cycles" is especially appropriate.

-- dut

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I love madonna, hell I'd bang her just for the claim ubblol

I dont care what she looks like either, I mean, I aint gorgeous, so who am I to complain... plus she makes me wanna boogy lots! wooop wooop go madonnnnna!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I think a bunch of you have missed the point. Madonna's new on-stage look is post-modern irony.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Written by: flash fire

I think a bunch of you have missed the point. Madonna's new on-stage look is post-modern irony.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not. eek

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Page: