TrissyBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
ubbidea
Hi there... uh, i've come across a lil variation move for the leg wraps which i've never seen before (it's actually kinda simple [real easy] but i've been told it looks good smile)
Upon doing the 'alternate leg wrap thing' {so hard to explain - i hope u know what i mean}.... wrapping the one poi forwards over your leg while wrapping the other backwards over the other leg.
Aha... then while doing this normal move you just kinda... step forward, more like a lunge (lifting your knees and completing the wrap as your foot hits the ground again)

Does it make sense!?
I would like someone to tell me what they think (if they've ever tried it and that i'm just being normal)
biggrin

Activate: The Purple-monkey-dishwasher!

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
nice. walking and legwrapping together are lots of fun. are you saying you step forward with the leg that's wrapped from the back or from the front (or does it matter)? you might also play with turning as you step if you can figure out when to start unwrapping each leg to make it work. i <3 wraps (now that i can do more of them).

-- dut

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
don't forget about crossing.. Step forward with your left while you wrap your right poi around your left thigh, throw a bicep wrap in with your left poi if you want to keep it even, or just do a simple twirly flourish to kill time until your leg is free to be wrapped again... I was just playing with these patterns earlier today

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
or both at once...

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
Written by: [Nx?

]
or both at once...

i think stepping with two feet at once is called "jumping", but i could just be a grammar nazi. wink

-- dut

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
I don't really think I'm following... Is that not risky to your... "Business"?

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Done it, but it looks better of you jump from foot to foot instead of walking forward.

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

TrissyBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Thanx man!

That's awesome - thanx 4 the insight all bounce2

I'll be attempting SOME of the mentioned above - and the 'unmentionables' will be closely looked after...
hehe

Mooi bly (That's keep well in afrikaans ubbloco)
thankx

Activate: The Purple-monkey-dishwasher!

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dut

nice. walking and legwrapping together are lots of fun. are you saying you step forward with the leg that's wrapped from the back or from the front (or does it matter)? you might also play with turning as you step if you can figure out when to start unwrapping each leg to make it work. i <3 wraps (now that i can do more of them).

-- dut

Never thought of turning with them... Yay! something new to try biggrin

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!