Forums > Other Toys > Favorite juggling style (tossing only)&prop

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
okay many of you were confused by my previous thread so here a new one that should clear this all up.

As was read in the title this is for only toss juggling

Please no discussion of the following:

Contact, Poi, staff, cigar boxes, devil sticks, diabolo, and anything else that is not directly related to toss juggling

I like all Props

and I truely enjoy numbers

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Does it really matter? umm

The outcome is still the same.
wink

Ouch.

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
no its not the same rings and clubs are totally different props

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Written by: pre

The worst thing that happened to me with clubs was a bloody lip i get split and cracked finger nails from working on rings though it doesn't happen too often though.

ok. there is the full quote.

Hex, you did change it enough to sound like pre had confused clubs and rings. spank the bold section, though a typo, almost makes it make sence.

However pre,
Written by: pre

not half of a sentence and the whole next sentence

If you dont want your words misinterpreted, I sugest you learn to form better sentances. or just sentances. wink

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
No Pre...

the outcome is the same.

Cracked and broken nails!

tongue

But yes, you are correct that they
Written by: Pre

are totally different props

One is shaped like a Hoola Hoop (of the edible variety) and the other is shaped like a bowling skittle.

You can guess which is which.. wink

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
The worst thing that happened to me with clubs was a bloody lip i get split and cracked finger nails from working on rings though it doesn't happen too often though.

what I originally posted

The worst thing that happened to me with clubs was a cracked finger nails from working on rings though it doesn't happen too often though.

what you posted

And Yeah they sound the same

If you don' tthink so have someone read it to you and answer it then

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You confuse me more than this fine hansome chap of a dude: [Old link]

(click it... rolleyes )

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok so, have we established that Pre has had a split lip from club juggling and split fingernails from ring juggling?

I have managed to stun myself with a club once. I saw stars and everything. I had to sit down for 10 mins before I felt normal again. I've never really juggled rings. I have a fear of paper cuts and for some reason rings make me feel like they will give you the same kind of cuts...... yes I know I'm a girlie chicken!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
hey!

Im the Loard Of Confusion!

T mad

-><- Kallisti

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Okay I've proven my point now back on topic

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
clap mutters to oneself

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
In general I'm not really to sure what type of jugging I like.

My favourite style is probably the one that exists inside my head and I would like to see myself do, whether or not it will ever look like what I see in my head is unlikely but a worthy challenge I feel.

With a straight face and no fear of the criticism which it invites I LOVE contact juggling, it's just a shame that is says in the rulebook that real jugglers don't do it. Fortunately my copy of the rulebook misses out the section where it documents the punishment for doing so. I think Hexagonic showed me the pictures in his illustrated copy and it looked pretty grim.

I love watching other people working on their club and ring juggling, but unfortunately I don't really think my brain was designed to be all that interested in doing it myself.

I also love watching seasoned buskers, who's routines lack any "technical" repertoire, yet they are still capable of hypnotising an audience through whatever means available for long enough to convince them to deposit their hard earned cash in the performer's hat. (afterall isn't that what being a performer is all about, or are jugglers performers of some different ilk, privy to some arcane technology which outsiders must never be allowed to understand)

Numbers juggling just baffles me, I've been working on my 5 for the last year and it still doesn't seem to have gone anywhere, I suppose that's my own fault though since I cant stand trying to count/time my runs. Possible because I prefer actually doing it to recording my progress and bragging about it.

But then again, does it actually matter what I think about my own juggling or the juggling of others, when I juggle I juggle for me, it makes me feel good in myself and confident about life; its lovely when other people compliment me on my tricks, but ultimately I didn't learn the tricks for other people, I learnt them for myself; that may seem contrived, flame me all you want, maybe it wasn't true when I started but it is now.

Hell, I may dream of one day standing atop mount Everest surrounded by the finest juggling talent on the planet showing off my 17 in half a hand whilst balancing on a beach ball on the nose of an armadillo, but is it ever actually going to happen? I'd rather stand atop Mount Everest with a bunch of people whom I know and respect and enjoy a rousing trick sharing session, whilst getting the oppertunity to marvel at the complexity which greater minds than I seem capable of innovating <-- (important word, if you don't know what it means look it up)

Have I punctuated all this properly? And does it all fit the specification of the topic of the original post? its not to long is it? Do the posts, which are to long get thrown away? there was nothing in the header about it so I just thought f**k it why not...

I'd hate to think I was just "thinking out loud" on the internet not giving any regard for the feelings and thoughts of other souls attached to this global network electrical impulses, rifling around the world at a pace jugglers of old would have considered magical beyond the realms of conventional wisdom.

Have I proved my point? I guess not... hopefully when we all get together and have a polite discussion about juggling in "the real world" my thoughts will be a little more concise and "on topic", otherwise you might all start thinking that I was some dreadful dirge who simply posted my opinions online with the hope of making myself feel happy about my isolated point of view on an art form which continues invigorate and entice me. Hopfully i won't have alienated any of you against my way of thinking... (insert subtext at your leisure)

Actually f**k all that, my favourite type of juggling is that done by 12 year old kids who've grown up on inner city estates, who only got shown how to do it half an hour before hand and who blatantly never thought they were capable of achieving anything beyond failing their GCSE's and getting a job in the local chicken marinating factory; and who upon being told that they can buy a set of juggling balls, of acceptable quality (maybe not quite good enough to be used in Vegas or on WCWJF but good enough for "real" people) at their local woollies and are astounded that they can continue the learning process at home and continue entertaining themselves and then ,once confident in their ability, show it off to all their friends. Personally that seems like a better trick than any of the tricks i saw on the UFJC.

I still don't know if I've proved my point, perhaps there was no point to be proved it the first place. I hope there isn't otherwise I might start thinking I'd chosen the wrong hobby. The adventure continues...

Remember, "to err is human, to forgive divine" think about it for a while, I'm still not sure what it means. But it seems poignant. For some reason.

(Hehehe, when I ran this through my SPELLCHECKER I found that I'd spelt the word divine as "devine". Hahaha, what an arrogant t**t I must be, you can all have a jolly good laugh at my expense if it so muses you)

See you all soon, have fun "toss" juggling, lol,

Pat x

lol2, i've edited this post since i made a spelling mistake somewhere inbetween the final draft and the act of posting itself, if any of you find any more spelling mistakes or grammatical errors... or indeed any ambiguities or trains of thought which require further elabouration, please feel free to PM me and i'll get on the case straight away.
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1140572333)

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
ooh, ooh, ooh, QUESTION,... off topic as it is, for some reason i think it relevant..

If juggling was in the Olympics (the reality of which is beyond the scope of the question) what type of juggling would you PERSONALLY feel enraged if it was not included...

I wont add a bunch of radio buttons, principally because i don't actually care about seeing a graph telling how you all think, but also because it would be a bit to shameful an attempt at Highjacking someone elses thread.

(mods feel free to delete/ move this post if anyone complains)

;-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: [Nx?

]
hey!

Im the Loard Of Confusion!

T mad

yep, and mysterio is the lord of confusion - everybody's happy wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lol,

read

my

sig!

:P

-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Written by: Megafish

ooh, ooh, ooh, QUESTION,... off topic as it is, for some reason i think it relevant..

If juggling was in the Olympics (the reality of which is beyond the scope of the question) what type of juggling would you PERSONALLY feel enraged if it was not included...

Gladiators ubbloco

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
and i was supposed to know it was a spelling mistake how?

tom is the loard of confusion tongue

pssst... 3 ball 3-ups are doable in our new flat biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
okok, Im coming to stay!

cole, thats pretty confusing... ubbloco

wooo!

lookin forward to the big hug of Cole!

hug

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
Come on club juggling!! Woo!!

...silly balls. The only way that balls are better is if you can't juggle clubs!!

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

I love watching other people working on their club and ring juggling, but unfortunately I don't really think my brain was designed to be all that interested in doing it myself.

you sound like a friend that I poi with he wants to learn how to juggle and hes really interested altough he's just having trouble learning

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
hehehe, you are a sad loser and noone wants to talk to you

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Saskeah

Come on club juggling!! Woo!!

...silly balls. The only way that balls are better is if you can't juggle clubs!!

oh, come come, you should know by now that clubs are for quitters, for people who have just given up with learning all those really "technical" juggling "tricks" and want to simulate the challenge of solving all those tasty problems by making their balls spin

just my tupence

(excuse the speech marks i just feel it necessary to point out for pre's sake that 'technical' and 'tricks' are just words and do not actually mean anything tangible or occupy any space in the "real world"; and that they are entirely subjective as per the person viewing them and the person using the words in the first place; when jason garfield tells me that he is a good technical jugglers maybe that is the trick in itself and i am the mug for believing him)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i saw jason garfield, Id agree with whatever he said too.

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Page: