Forums > Other Toys > Favorite juggling style (tossing only)&prop

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
okay many of you were confused by my previous thread so here a new one that should clear this all up.

As was read in the title this is for only toss juggling

Please no discussion of the following:

Contact, Poi, staff, cigar boxes, devil sticks, diabolo, and anything else that is not directly related to toss juggling

I like all Props

and I truely enjoy numbers

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
That's better. smile

I chose creative artistic, and ball.

TBH, Numbers bores me. Clubs can be cool, But I do like to see a few contact tricks mixed in as well, and some weird throws and catches. A chest/arm/head/behind the neck roll here and there, etc.

I'd much rather watch someone doing amazing tricks with three balls, than watch someone doing a Seven/eight club cascade. I'd rather watch someone juggle and think: 'what did you just do?' instead of a half hearted: 'wow. Lots of balls in the air. *yawn*'

Numbers doesn't give the Toss Juggler such a great prospect for individuality. smile

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Yes I agree that balls are nice for things such as neck catches although Clubs can use the body throw which is a trick unique to the club. and rings have the pulldown finish and pancake throws.

And I like numbers because I always find it exciting watching whether its jason garfield's former world record with 11 balls or anthony gatto work with 10 rings or if its albert lucas making 8 catches of 7 rings in one hand. I prefer 10+ balls and rings and 8 clubs although i've never seen more than an 8 club flash i find 10 balls and rings especially astonishing due to the fact that their is only a handful of people who can do juggle or even get above a flash for that matter.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I also prefer to practise flowing 3-ball combos/moves.

In truth, part of the reason I'm not especially into numbers, is because I don't have what it takes smile (in terms of the amount of work and commitment necessary to make good progress in numbers juggling)

Currently I am working on solidifying my five ball cascade which, last time I counted, was around the 200 throw mark, with an eye to getting a few basic tricks down (reverse cascade, half shower etc).

It's not part of a numbers quest though, I just see the five-ball cascade as a very beautiful pattern and aspire to be able to juggle it in a much more relaxed fashion than I can currently do.

As for seven+, I've spent enough time juggling to know that a solid seven requires far more dedication and time than I'm willing to give- i've lots of respect for those who do work on it though.

My favourite prop is balls, to me they're the 'purest' juggling prop and, unlike rings/clubs, can be juggled in my low-ceilinged flat.

For three ball work I much prefer stage balls as I feel they have a better visual presence and feel more accurate; for five, beanbags (though I also use stage balls for five as the increased difficulty seems to help when going back to beanbags).

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"can be juggled in my low-ceilinged flat"

My solution: Make friends with the people who live above you, then go round with a sledgehammer wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
That could work Jon...... You could ask them if they would like a nice big pillar fitted in the center of their living room. If you hollow out the pillar and have a hole cut through the ceiling into it you have a tube to juggle up.

Back on topic

I go for artistic with balls! biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Still no preference. tongue

Although, people discussing 3ball tricks; as smooth and interesting 3b weird patterns are to watch and juggle, I get bored with them so quickly. I feel that everything is too slow, and I repeat myself too much, although I know a plethora of tricks which I can make flow.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Yeah, balls for me too. Although it's fun to have a go with clubs there doesn't seem to be the scope for interesting moves that you get from balls. I'd go for creative/artistic I think. I would like to get up to five balls but that doesn't seem to qualify for numbers so yeah, artistic balls it is...there must be a joke there somewhere. And while I'm on the subject, I'll take the opportunuty to snigger at "toss juggling": hehe...OK I'm done hehe

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i didn't vote cos my vote is split:

to juggle myself, i like ball siteswaps.
when they work, it just all feels so right - like the way finishing a technic lego model used to make me feel.

to watch, i like artistic club juggling (maksim, malte, walker) and creative ball juggling (gilligan, sing, meyhofer) as well as higher object numbers juggling, and by that i mean 5+ objects, (see gatto, garfield, vova, dietz) - basically the stuff that i aspire to be able to do but is unlikely that i ever will.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
you could have done no preference for props

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ahh, but your poll didn't specify whether it referrred to the juggling i like to do or the juggling i like to watch... wink

just kidding pre, i voted ubbangel

nice to see you posting on rec.juggling - be carful though dude, usenet ain't the friendliest place on the net...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Back on topic

That doesnt sound very on topic! wink

I'm going to say variations with clubs. I'm still struggling to get a consistent 3 club cascade but it keeps raining evry time I go outside. Maybe in the summer I'll be able to get some practise in.

There is something really beautiful and mesmerising about clubs.

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
either or I could be either although I think i can make the assumption most people work on whichever style they like best

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seye

Written by: Skulduggery

Back on topic

That doesnt sound very on topic! wink

I'm going to say variations with clubs. I'm still struggling to get a consistent 3 club cascade but it keeps raining evry time I go outside. Maybe in the summer I'll be able to get some practise in.

There is something really beautiful and mesmerising about clubs.

Yea well when I first got a 3 club cascade I worked on it for like 4 hours straight then the next day my hands hurt cause i was using one piece clubs.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by:

I worked on it for like 4 hours straight then the next day my hands hurt cause i was using one piece clubs.

i learnt my (dodgy) 3 club cascade with beard trainers. For quite a while i thought it was normal for your hands to feel like they're being attacked by angry wasps every time you catch a club.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
You mean it isnt?

I figure i just have to learn to catch them properly...

Love is the law.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i still manage to bruise a fingertip or inside knuckle every now and then with clubs.

but if you think clubs hurt, don't ever bother with rings ubbcrying

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
you wusses! if you think rings hurt, try catching your entire body weight on your hands on a rough scaffolding pipe after jumping over a 5 foot gap from another pipe.

Then you'll come inside and be like: Even though I have hugh callouses and no skin left on the underside of my fingers, catching these rings and clubs and DX powerballs is a breeze!

pah!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Ring juggling doesn't hurt me anymore, after practicing it for a while... unless, I throw a 7.

Willy - is bad for your health...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
same here - bruised fingers and horrible nail injuries generally only occur on triples/quads with clubs and pretty much any high throw with a ring.

ring juggling is so not my thing anyway - i hate that reaching up to catch is actually good form with rings.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
The worst thing that happened to me with clubs was a bloody lip i get split and cracked finger nails from working on rings though it doesn't happen too often though.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

you wusses! if you think rings hurt, try catching your entire body weight on your hands on a rough scaffolding pipe after jumping over a 5 foot gap from another pipe.

Then you'll come inside and be like: Even though I have hugh callouses and no skin left on the underside of my fingers, catching these rings and clubs and DX powerballs is a breeze!

pah!

Who is Hugh Callouses? Why did he sand your fingers? What has this got to do with juggling confused
wink

I've never tried juggling rings. I have now got to the point where the clubs no longer slap my hands IF I catch them.

ZherecBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

to watch, i like artistic club juggling (maksim, malte, walker)

Are you talking about Maksim Komaro? Do you have any videos where he is juggling clubs? I only remember seeing him doing balls and rings.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Maksim Komaro is on the peapot club videos (Radical Club Fish News). And is rather good clap

Written by: pre

The worst thing that happened to me with clubs was a cracked finger nails from working on rings though it doesn't happen too often though.

Yeah, that sucks frown I find clubs on finger nails head on isn't very smile either

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
i love doing massive varied combos with 3 balls, liek back of ahnd, under arm, chops and steals all mixed up.

But im really into clubs lately, when i first got them i thought, hmm cascade, anticascade and half shower, What mroe can you do??

but the more i juggle with them the more options open up, there are all sorts of technical things you can do with clubs, like balances, behind back stuff and shops look class with clubs.

as for styles, numbers bored me. Seing Anthony Gatto doing like 15 rings or whatever IS very impressive, but it much rather watch creative juggling techniques.

tone xxx

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The simple solution I have found to combat the hard plastic of your juggling rings, is to buy these instead:

Non-Https Image Link

They are made of rubber, so dont hurt when you catch them...at all.

Only small problem is that they are disrupted by wind even more so than normal juggling rings.

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: hexagonic

Maksim Komaro is on the peapot club videos (Radical Club Fish News). And is rather good clap

The worst thing that happened to me with clubs was a cracked finger nails from working on rings though it doesn't happen too often though.

Yeah, that sucks frown I find clubs on finger nails head on isn't very smile either

okay if your going to quote someone don't change what they write take a complete thought not half of a sentence and the whole next sentence.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
confused

Would you like to be reminded of your bloody lip?

umm

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

okay if your going to quote someone don't change what they write take a complete thought not half of a sentence and the whole next sentence.

Pre, you are such a kn*b. I took out some of your post since it wasn't supportive of what i was going to agree with you, and didn't have anything to do with what I was going to say. Maybe if you started learning how to quote people correctly and not quote everything someone says including yourself, it might make your posts a little easier to read. A bit like I've done just to piss you off. hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: hexagonic

Pre, you are such a kn*b. I took out some of your post since it wasn't supportive of what i was going to agree with you, and didn't have anything to do with what I was going to say. Maybe if you started learning how to quote people correctly and not quote everything someone says including yourself, it might make your posts a little easier to read. A bit like I've done just to piss you off. hug

Okay you changed the post so that it sounded like i was talking about clubs hitting my finger nails instead of rings.

Page: