Forums > Social Chat > AAAARGH IM SO ANNOYED!

Login/Join to Participate

thisboysetsfiremember
45 posts

Posted:
my parents have taken away my poi!!!grr, i was at home one evening, and it wasnt raining, so i decided to practice my poi, outside, in the semi twilight (dusk really), i set my poi alight, and set to work practicing my routine for my family to see when they come over this christmas, then, about 25 minutes into my practice my parents shouted at me, and told me to stop it and took them off me. arrgh, what shall i do??

Mike Buggins

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Did they give any reason to confiscate your poi, or were they just bored?
You could always practise with some sock poi, maybe weighted down a bit so they're similar to your fire chains.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ahh that just sucks!

Ask them why they took them away. If it's about saftey, why dont you ask if maybe one of them come out when you practise to make sure everything's ok?

Like Bovril said, practise with non-fire ones until you get them back

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

thisboysetsfiremember
45 posts

Posted:
they said it was because i was too close to the house, i was about 50 bloody metres from the house, and i had the huge light on so they could see me. they also said that i spend too much time practicing poi when i shud be doing school work, I HAVE NO RUDDY SCHOOL WORK, I MAKE SURE I RUDDY DO IT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE and they know that too!!!!argh, i hate meddling parents, well, at the moment its the sock poi that are going around, but my parents still yell at me for doing that, and even then its outside about 15 odd metres away from the house, no one will get hurt, well, unless i do summit stupid like lose my concentration, please, i need to practice with my fire ones because im putting on a show for my fmily and im goin to my dads local pub to do a bit of a show THEY HIRED ME!!!argh i need to make sure im on top form wen i do this!

is anybody with me on this??

Mike Buggins

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Oh wow. That is so harsh man.
Plead your case...tis the only thing to do...but just as Brovil said..."use the sock poi my son..."
for now anyway...
Good luck lil buddy.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
What a strange world. When my daughter is inside doing her homework, I come in and say "Put that down and come outside to spin some fire poi!"

I think the problem is that your parents may be aliens Obviously they are not from planet HoP.

At the risk of sounding like a moaning parent. Have you got any insurance/fire safety in place for your hired gig at the local?

Are we nearly there yet?

thisboysetsfiremember
45 posts

Posted:
they do have insurance/fire safety at the pub, i made sure of that when they askd me to do a ickle show for them! so i am a responsible teenager (thank god) my parents do sound like aliens, but hey, i will get them back, i will

but so far

sock practice: day 1
good session today, had my friend come over to gelp me with a 'set' for the show, seems to be going smoothly, yet all is not calm on the parent front. now, they have stolen my BMX in case i fall and slip on ice, which is all understandable, but, i am normally careful, so parents are slowly turning even more on my bad side.
i feel that my parenst have been changed by some govenrment agent, to stop me from changing the world for a beter place, using only my poi, my BMX and my hatred for facism, racism and sexism. the only thing i have left to keep me sane, is my band. can i keep my parents from practicsing, i hope so. will write soon

Mike Buggins

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Grrrrr, you think your annoyed. My car got broken into (with a view to steal). It is going to cost $700-$1000 to fix, and cos I am claiming on my insurance, I will lose part of my no-claim bonus. And my car will be off the road for about a week.

So if you want someone to shout in a really grumpy way at your parents, send them to me

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...