Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. For those who don't know;

For an article (note the date):

https://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/382

Some other interesting points to add;

https://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/287

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)

Feel free to discuss.

EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1139216786)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Really can't say. I've never met anyone who's wanted to go to a Muslim country to work in a menial job.

Oh wait... all those filipinos who go to Arab countries to make more than they would ever make back home.

Hell, now even I'm making generalisations! wink

EDITED_BY: Patrick the Bubba Badger (1139547545)

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
I think its a shame Turkey is supporting the arab nations and not the democratic free speech ones, they're killing any chance they had at being let into the EU.

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Is this what you mean?

Written by:

ANKARA (AFP) - Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul has denounced the publication of irreverent cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed as provocation and urged an end to international tensions over the drawings.

"At a time when efforts are made to bring civilizations closer and increase dialogue between religions, we see how the irresponsible behavior of those who are unaware of developments in the world can cause big problems," Gul told reporters in televised remarks.

(from https://uk.news.yahoo.com/04022006/323/turkish-fm-denounces-mohammed-cartoons-provocation.html)

Unless you are referring to something else that has happened since, i think this is a very balanced response and one that has been voiced by plenty of scholars and politicians in the 'west' as well. I don't really see how it would damage Turkey's chances of getting into the EU. So much for free speech in the EU if it were to punish Turkey for voicing an opinion!

everyone's unique except me

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
aijaijai.. that sparks controversies... LouLou I get your point... It's more now on the Palestinian side right now (besides: before the state of Israel was established there were no "Palestinians" anymore. The arabic population called itself after those, who were fighting well against the Hebrews back in the days)... It's hard to demand that people forget history on the snap of the fingers... time has to heal the wounds and common effort has to be done.

Most young Israelis I meet/ met want the war to end, but have no clue how this might work and according to the "prophecy" the Hebrew have to make peace in the holy land otherwise they will loose it again - you know this, I supose.

Israel to be the thorn in the foot of arabian nations for about 50 years now really tires me. This conflict is going on too long for my taste. The arabian nations in the area are as guilty of not showing enough effort to pacify but to use this conflict for diverting attention of their own citizens from internal affairs.

Again we are making the mistake of talking about "Muslims", "Hebrews", the "Intifada" etc. - I'm not innocent of making generalisations. But it's some industrial, spiritual and political leaders who are fuelling conflicts and make the profit. Muslims are as much the victims of this entire cycle as everybody else. Fanatism and hatred is vexatious to the spirit.

let's remember we're talking about mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters and sons, nices and nephews... they are like us... we are like them... same same but different hug in lak'ech peace

PS: how long ago there was racial unrest in Australia... "wasps" are by no means much better than any other group on the planet... In Australia it was what - 1974 that Aboriginal gained the actual status of a human being? In the US it was about the 60's that apardheit was abolished? The western nations by any means have no reason to pinpoint others and be sooooooooo proud on what they achieved only 40 years ago... between 20 and 30 years after WWII
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1139582074)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Written by:

But it's some industrial, spiritual and political leaders who are fuelling conflicts and make the profit. Muslims are as much the victims of this entire cycle as everybody else

hug

and they're needed on both sides of the fictitious clash of civilisations to fan the flames.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Actually I was referring to this

Written by:

The fact that Turkey backs the ambassadors is seen by some in Denmark as damaging to the Turkish bid for EU membership. Troels Lund Poulsen, the foreign spokesman of the Liberal Party said that it is important for EU candidate Turkey “to live up to freedom of expression demands.” Last month, however, the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan stressed that anti-Islamism must be treated as a crime similar to anti-Semitism. Addressing the sixth meeting of the Eurasian Islamic Council meeting in Istanbul on September 5, Erdogan said his government has added an article to the declaration in the European Council regarding Islamophobia stipulating that anti-Islamism be accepted as a crime against humanity.

From https://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/407

Just what I read, and was reacting to it. I DO think its pretty ironic that whatever Turkey does they're still attacking free speech in some form or another.

1. Support the danish for voicing their opinion, thus attacking free speech from the arabs.

or

2. Support the arabs for voicing their opinion, thus attacking free speech from the danish
EDITED_BY: AngeDeLumiere (1139599705)

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
Just because they don't agree with one of the other nations in the EU shouldn't put a stop to them become part of it themselves. You just have to look at the disagreement within Europe over the war in Iraq to see this.

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: brusselsjournal.com

anti-Islamism be accepted as a crime against humanity

ubblol ubblol

umm Wait, he was serious???? It's going to be a crime against humanity to criticise a religion????? So then it will be a crime to criticise any religion, in the interests of fairness?? What's next, political parties? Gee, that doesn't sound suspect at all...

Crime against humanity... get a grip.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Well IMO if it come to Turkey becoming part of the EU I have a slightly different angle: Sure enough many EU-countries themselves have still problems with standing to the human rights - but definately the political situation within Turkey makes it necessary for them to implement futher "democratic virtues" and legislation (womens and human rights, forced weddings, murder for honour, military rule, etc.) before becoming a full member of the EU.

There is no racism or political incorrectness if I claim that some great parts of Turkey still have a medieval perception of above issues... and whilst the EU is downgrading many regional and national legislatives/ laws - I feel that by no means they should compromise when it comes to women and human rights.

Anti-Islamism to be a crime against humanity? rolleyes not more or less than anti-semitism I suppose... and personally I wouldn't enclose criticism, sarcasm or irony as a "crime"...

No, Sethis - next is political leaders... you criticise Bush - Guantanamo!, you criticise Putin - Sibiria!... you criticise Blair - Manchester!... tongue wink

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I think I'd prefer Guantanamo wink biggrin

It makes me sad. Very very sad. Or maybe that's me measuring how long my stride is, so I can calculate exactly how far I've travelled in a given time rolleyes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I get somehow fed up with this ...

The cartoons have been published in September last year already... did it take that long for them to notice, or is it just coming in handy right now?

Written by: By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer

Saudi Sheik Abdul Rahman al-Seedes, the imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, called on Muslims to reject apologies for the "slanderous" caricatures.

Very handy indeed... Those grumpy old men go on my nerves, I hope they find something else in life that cheers them up... too bad that they have blinded followers/ supporters who have too much anger to spare... *sigh* when will we ever learn?

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
*jumps back onto computer after Shabbat*

I believe that every society is the entire world has the right to take the piss out of religion, thats fair. But, like the Iranian papers are running a contest on the Holocaust, thats different. Its not a religion or a theology or a man or an idea that are being the subject of a joke, but the lives of several million people and i'd think this was disgusting, whether I was Jewish or not. I'd be as horrified if it was the Bosnian, or the Kurdish slaughters or 9/11 or 7/7.

I'm unsure as to why this has all been blown out of proportion 4/5 months later. The Muslims is Danish-Land had already got over it. There doesn't seem to be any correct solution to these fundamentalists, if we arrest/kill them then they're seen as Martyrs and if we let them go on spreading hatred uncensored then it will lead to more 7/7's and 9/11's.

Argh! I give up.

We should all just worship the flying Spaghetti Monster...

*edit* Before I forget, we should all give a big hand to the peaceful protests in London(?) yesterday! Thats the kind of Islam which we need to be seeing, and thankfully, there was more people at the peaceful protest than the embassy-stoning, flag-burning, Priest-killing ones indivudally all over the world. Hopefully now that these peaceful protestors have started something, there will be a series of peaceful protests around the world to show people that Islam is not always a bad thing. I guess it just brings out the old addage of Religion can bring out the best and the worst in people, but you need to have the capability there in the 1st place for the religion to bring it out. If it wasn't religion it would be something else. Probably football. Thats just as bad....

ubbangel
EDITED_BY: Gremlin_Lou (1139756930)

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
OI! You bloody better not be mocking my deeply held beliefs in the flying spaghetti monster, or I will be forced to pelt you with tomatoes!! biggrin

everyone's unique except me

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Here's an article by Ann Coulter. Ann Coulter is a conservative political commentator/columnist that liberals absolutely HATE. She doesn't fit the "typical" conservative stereotype (fat angry old man), she happens to be a very pretty, powerful, outspoken young woman... who is not a liberal feminist. She is probably the most insulted conservative in America. I expect this post to bring out plenty of ad hominem attacks. She has a gift for stirring things up.

CALVIN AND HOBBES... AND MUHAMMAD
February 8, 2006

As my regular readers know, I've long been skeptical of the "Religion of Peace" moniker for Muslims... for at least 3,000 reasons right off the top of my head. I think the evidence is going my way this week.

The culture editor of a newspaper in Denmark suspected writers and cartoonists were engaging in self-censorship when it came to the Religion of Peace. It was subtle things, like a Danish comedian's statement, paraphrased by The New York Times, "that he had no problem urinating on the Bible but that he would not dare do the same to the Quran."

So, after verifying that his life insurance premiums were paid up, the editor expressly requested cartoons of Muhammad from every cartoonist with a Danish cartoon syndicate. Out of 40 cartoonists, only 10 accepted the invitation, most of them submitting utterly neutral drawings with no political content whatsoever.

But three cartoons made political points.

One showed Muhammad turning away suicide bombers from the gates of heaven, saying "Stop, stop... we ran out of virgins!"... which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. Another was a cartoon of Muhammad with horns, which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. The third showed Muhammad with a turban in the shape of a bomb, which I believe was an expression of post-industrial ennui in a secular... oops, no, wait: It was more of a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence.

In order to express their displeasure with the idea that Muslims are violent, thousands of Muslims around the world engaged in rioting, arson, mob savagery, flag-burning, murder and mayhem, among other peaceful acts of nonviolence.

Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back.

The little darlings brandish placards with typical Religion of Peace slogans, such as: "Behead Those Who Insult Islam," "Europe, you will pay, extermination is on the way" and "Butcher those who mock Islam." They warn Europe of their own impending 9/11 with signs that say: "Europe: Your 9/11 will come"... which is ironic, because they almost had me convinced the Jews were behind the 9/11 attack.

The rioting Muslims claim they are upset because Islam prohibits any depictions of Muhammad... though the text is ambiguous on beheadings, suicide bombings and flying planes into skyscrapers.

The belief that Islam forbids portrayals of Muhammad is recently acquired. Back when Muslims created things, rather than blowing them up, they made paintings, frescoes, miniatures and prints of Muhammad.

But apparently the Quran is like the Constitution: It's a "living document," capable of sprouting all-new provisions at will. Muslims ought to start claiming the Quran also prohibits indoor plumbing, to explain their lack of it.

Other interpretations of the Quran forbid images of humans or animals, which makes even a child's coloring book blasphemous. That's why the Taliban blew up those priceless Buddhist statues, bless their innocent, peace-loving little hearts.

Largely unnoticed in this spectacle is the blinding fact that one nation is missing from the long list of Muslim countries (by which I mean France and England) with hundreds of crazy Muslims experiencing bipolar rage over some cartoons: Iraq. Hey... maybe this democracy thing does work! The barbaric behavior of Europe's Muslims suggests that the European welfare state may not be attracting your top-notch Muslims.

Making the rash assumption for purposes of discussion that Islam is a religion and not a car-burning cult, even a real religion can't go bossing around other people like this.

Catholics aren't short on rules, but they couldn't care less if non-Catholics use birth control. Conservative Jews have no interest in forbidding other people from mixing meat and dairy. Protestants don't make a peep about other people eating food off one another's plates. (Just stay away from our plates... that's disgusting.)

But Muslims think they can issue decrees about what images can appear in newspaper cartoons. Who do they think they are, liberals?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
It's not "the fundamentalists" - yes you now catch me agitating against stereotypes and generalisations... shrug how far has the world come.. ??rolleyes??

It's some politicians and religious leaders who enjoy benefits. The arabic league is somehow irritated, because Irak had their first free elections. Iran is under scope for their nuclear plans... they have every motif to blow things out of proportion and point at the west.

Is religion a mental illness? - wrong thread I guess, but right now we're proven that at least it comes pretty damn close sometimes...

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
@Patriarch: Do you agree with her?

More generally, does anyone?

I don't, because I disagree that insulting people openly and hypocritically is a "gift". shrug

I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Agree with what? The bulk of the articly is her pointing out a bunch of ironic facts in a sarcastic manner. I have not seen or heard anything that contradicts her claims, so I can't "disagree" with her. I do disgree with your insinuation that she is a "hypocrite," at least in the way that the dictionary uses the word:

"hypocrite
n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold"

I see no reason to think that she does not truly believe the things that she has said. I think that you have openly insulted her by falsely accusing her of being a hypocrite.

However, I'm really just being picky. I'm sure you really meant to use the word in it's popular sense of "the pot calling the kettle black." Is this how you intended to be understood?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I meant "Hypocrite" in the fashion of saying one thing and doing another. However that was because I was under the impression she was a politician, rather than a journalist/author. Now that I know what she is, then I can instead say that she is instead utterly bent on making her own controvesy just so she will be talked about. rolleyes

You don't see anything wrong with these statements?

Written by: Ann Coulter

Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back.

No, I know of lots of organisations that make feminists seem laid back, many of them are "Christian" groups. I also know plenty of laid back feminists. I have two feminist lecturers who are actually very moderate. She's not helping anyone by making generalisations about two seperate movements, one of which is religious, the other of which is sociological.

Back when Muslims created things, rather than blowing them up

I'm sure lots of Muslim doctors, architects, politicians and artists would have something to say about that. Like, for example, "Since when did Islam stop building things?"

Muslims ought to start claiming the Quran also prohibits indoor plumbing, to explain their lack of it.

Wow. All Muslims are dirty, apparantly. That's why they wash every time they enter a mosque...

Other interpretations of the Quran forbid images of humans or animals, which makes even a child's coloring book blasphemous.

Because the Bible (or comparative religious texts) doesn't contain any stupid, extremist or otherwise totally contradictory statements at all, does it?

Largely unnoticed in this spectacle is the blinding fact that one nation is missing from the long list of Muslim countries (by which I mean France and England) with hundreds of crazy Muslims experiencing bipolar rage over some cartoons: Iraq. Hey... maybe this democracy thing does work!

Or maybe they're too busy rebuilding their infrastructure after British and American forces first blockaded Aid efforts, then invaded and bombed their main cities, then proceeded to "police" the country by shooting carloads of women and children while suicide bombers ran rampant every day. Maybe they're still recovering from that and can't be bothered to risk more violence. What do you think, Ann?

Making the rash assumption for purposes of discussion that Islam is a religion and not a car-burning cult, even a real religion can't go bossing around other people like this.

Uh-huh. Islam isn't a religion. Sure. We'll just ignore the centuries that Christianity spent oppressing millions of people, colonising new cultures and forcing change on them. Let's pretend that never happened, and no religion apart from Islam tells other people how to live their lives.

Basically, I take issue with every single generalisation she makes that demonises "Muslims". I take issue with her insinuation that Islam is a "worse" religion than any other.

I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
I can see your problem with her sarcasm. Besides the fact that she might get stabbed in the street for talking like that, it's also rude. I take it, then, that while you are somewhat offended at the generalizations that don't really apply to every single Muslim (such as a predilection for violence), you don't disagree with the substance of her article.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Well, if you mean by "substance" the observation that that some Muslims are being unreasonable and protesting violently, then yes, I agree. That's somewhat obvious. But what annoys me is that she could easily have said that without offending every single Muslim who reads it, as well as many non-Muslims such as myself. I don't see the point in making the article as insulting as possible, just to get people angry about it. Because I can't think of a constructive motivation for wording it like that.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Sethis: The problem trhese days is that you won't get noticed for wearing a "peace-badge"... you have to expose your tits and wear a banner saying "bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"...

It's all about sparking controversy and getting noticed... Salman Rushdie gives an example...

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Written by:

you don't disagree with the substance of her article.

Written by:

if you mean by "substance" the observation that that some Muslims are being unreasonable and protesting violently, then yes, I agree. That's somewhat obvious. But what annoys me is that she could easily have said that without offending every single Muslim who reads it, as well as many non-Muslims such as myself. I don't see the point in making the article as insulting as possible,

The point is that the article is a deliberate attempt by a renowned neo-con to stir up racial hatred, by demonising muslims; their culture, society and religion. Which is why its so offensive. Its pretty much how Ms Coulter makes a living.

Written by:

She has a gift for stirring things up.

Yep racism usually does the trick pretty well. Look at old Adolf... Stirred all Europe up good and proper.

Oh and one more point

Written by:

Catholics aren't short on rules, but they couldn't care less if non-Catholics use birth control

Which is of course why the White House refuses to give any for of aid to charities practicing in Africa which promote the use of condoms (birth control) to prevent the spread of AIDS. Though I suppose there's a good chance that this has bugger all to do with the bible's position on birth control and is merely the good old US of A trying to kill as many poor black people as possible.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
In this thread there has been a lot of discussion about intellectual reasoning. However, it is important to point out that a few intellectual Islamic preachers seem to be the ones doing the reasoning of late. These few are so intelligent that they are wielding the teachings of the Koran (and so in turn they can wield the followers of Islam) as a tool to further their own ambitions. Take the case of the London Tube bombings: the suicide bombers were all intelligent human beings and yet they were swayed into action by accepting the distorted logic of others. It takes an extraordinary intelligence to make illogical choices seem logical and it takes that intelligence as well as charisma to turn rational protesters into extremists. These are dangerous times and freedom of speech must be used with responsibility and not as a means to further a person’s ego. Hopefully, the followers of Islam will revert back to the core of Five Pillars of Islam (especially Zakah) rather than the deliberate misinterpretations of their scriptures for the Prophet said: "He should check himself from doing evil. That is also an act of charity."

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: dream

Oh and one more point

Written by:

Catholics aren't short on rules, but they couldn't care less if non-Catholics use birth control

Which is of course why the White House refuses to give any for of aid to charities practicing in Africa which promote the use of condoms (birth control) to prevent the spread of AIDS. Though I suppose there's a good chance that this has bugger all to do with the bible's position on birth control and is merely the good old US of A trying to kill as many poor black people as possible.

I'm not sure what your point is, since Bush isn't Catholic and the Bible doesn't forbid using condoms.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Methanphetamineodist Bush

And um.. although the bible doesnt specifially say "condoms are bad and God expressly forbids them", it does however says that all life is sacred, and thusly, by interfering with the natural course of life by using contraceptives, and as man was "made" by God, in Gods own image, it gives the impression that if you use contraceptives and stop life from happening, you are effectivly saying that you dont want what God has made specifically for you.

Now watch me quote bible passages at you!

Written by: Ezekiel 18:5.6.9

"If a man is righteous and does what is lawful and right-- if he ... does not defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman in her time of impurity ... --he is righteous, he shall surely live, says the Lord God."

Or at least thats what my mug of hot chocolate told me......

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
"Her time of impurity" ubblol ubblol

Nothing dispels the accusations of homophobia like good old fashioned sexism wink tongue ubblol

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Catholics, and other strict Christians, are active in many parts of the world in blocking both birth control and abortion, through hospital policies, aid prevention, political legislation etcetc... it happens in public in Australia, never mind 'out of sight out of mind' in Africa!!'

Meanwhile Ann Coulter's nasty snipes like *indoor plumbing* expose her ignorance rather than 'muslim' culture. Courtyard fountain anyone? Would you like to go to the splendid and social bathhouse this afternoon? Or shall we stay in our own little box?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

"Her time of impurity" ubblol ubblol

Nothing dispels the accusations of homophobia like good old fashioned sexism wink tongue ubblol

What the heck does a womans "monthly time" have to do with homophobia or sexism?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

The Bible says that a woman is "Impure" during her period. I find this offensive, I imagine many women do as well. It is one small example of how sexist the entire Bible is.

Many people are also irritated by interpretations of the Bible that condemn homosexuality.

ERGO because people are paying more attention to the "Anti-Gay" message of the Bible recently, it is refreshing to remember that it is also completely sexist. smile

And the point was semi-serious, and one I can't be bothered to debate in a thread where it would be blatantly off topic. (You can tell when I'm not being serious when you see wink tongue ubblol following my post...)

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Written by:

I'm not sure what your point is, since Bush isn't Catholic and the Bible doesn't forbid using condoms.

its a birth control thing. condoms are birth control. bible says no to birth control. so charities who promote said heathen ways have US funding removed.

My point wasn't specific to Catholics... its a Christian thing. Same as you have mental fundamentalist muslims who're up for killing people en mass, you have mental fundamentalist Christians who're equally up for killing people en mass. And same as you have sane, fairly cool moderate Muslims you have sane fairly cool moderate Christians.

When fascists like Coulter totalise the actions of all Muslims, consider how you'd feel if your religion was seen as Pat Robertson and George W full-stop.

If you think that would be a good thing there's really no point continuing to talk.

Nietzsche

Page: