Forums > Other Toys > -favorite juggling style-

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
what juggglin style do you lilke best.

Numbers for me

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
No preference. I like to see it all...

Willy - is bad for your health...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
can i choose *all*?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i usually prefer in the air, but thats not an option frown

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
psssst.. Bluecat.. no preference = all wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
What about contact frown
That's my favorite. Simple and lovely, minimal #'s of balls, contact...*le sigh dreamily*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I like my style of juggling, everyone else can go jump

ubblol

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Baby juggling is my favourite! wink

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

Can I choose *none*?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmm... Like Pele said, No contact option...

*pouts*

Pesky people not putting enough options on their polls... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I presume pre means toss juggling, not this pseudo-juggling involving one ball, slowly, boringly moving around ones body.

Willy - is bad for your health...

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

Hmm... Like Pele said, No contact option...

*pouts*

Pesky people not putting enough options on their polls... wink

NOT meaning to affend any cotacters out thier I am not really a fan of contact altough I do respect that you enjoy it and am not making fun of anyone. I don't consider it really juggling more as a form of manipulation. Just my oppinion I dont wan't to start an arguement here.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
My favriot is contact juggling.

:P

and hat comes next,

then poi

then staff

and then club juggling (just club juggling, not 7+ club juggling, wich is booring, actaully I like 4 club juggling)

but mostly i like good juggling, or entertaining juggling, or suprising juggling, or funny juggling, and naked juggling

but mostly contact juggling :P

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

preSILVER Member
161 posts

Posted:
OKay [NX? Obviously you do not understand That I MEANT JUGGLING STYLE

POI~~~ NOT JUGGLING -- MANIPULATION

STAFF~~~ NOT JUGGLING--MANIPULATION

although you didn't mention it

DEVIL STICKS~~~ NOT JUGGLING--- MANIPULATION

THIS IS TOSS JUGGLING ONLY PLEASE DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING BESIDES THE 3 DIFFERENT TYPES MENTIONED

okay I catagorize all these things in two catagories

Manipulation and Juggling

What falls into the catagory of manipulation?

poi,staff,contact,cigar boxes,hats

what falls into the catagory of juggling?

Clubs

Rings

Balls

Bouncing

I guess diabolo can fall into this catagory as well as long as you are doing at least 2 which means their will be one in the air long enough idon't pay attention to diabolo's so i dont really know if their is always one in theair when doing to i can suspect that thir is for about 97% of the time. it can fall into manipulation because you are not directly using your hands

Cigar box does not fall into the catagory of juggling because you are not keeping at least one aloft at all times.

SO please only mention what I consider juggling I respect if you don any of these things yet this thread is not designed for all those other things.
EDITED_BY: pre (1139359852)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
How about multiball contact, is that juggling?

stop throwing your toys out of the pram, pre. Act your age, not your shoe size little man...

P.S. You have a lot to learn about juggling, and being in juggling circles. How many conventions have you been to?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
If devilstick isn't juggling, Why the hell can diabolo be classed as juggling?

"Please Only mention what I consider juggling"

Who put you in charge of what is and isn't juggling?

You should have just labelled the thread 'What is your favourite style of toss juggling'. That would have saved all this...

Myself, I categorise ALL the above mentioned as 'juggling'.

Oh, and what about Juggling Figures? or even tasks... (sorry, I felt like being pedantic)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
In juggling circles there is still debate about what constitutes juggling and what the definition of juggling is.

Some consider poi, devil stick diabolo etc to be not juggling (I believe Garfield recently said he would consider diabolo to be juggling if at least 3 diabolos were being used on one string smile)- others want to class all object manipulation as juggling.

For me, I don't particularly care- both ways of using the term have advantages and disadvantages.

I would point out though, that many of those who do not classify diabolo, poi, devil stick etc as 'juggling', do not mean to imply that these forms of manipulation are less worthy or less skillful.

Pre-

Written by:

You should have just labelled the thread 'What is your favourite style of toss juggling'. That would have saved all this...

I agree.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

I would point out though, that many of those who do not classify diabolo, poi, devil stick etc as 'juggling', do not mean to imply that these forms of manipulation are less worthy or less skillful.

if only you could changte the 'many in that sentence to 'all'

*sigh*

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i think you will find that 'toss' is just one style of juggling.

a style im shure you are getting very good at.

tosser.

T wave

-><- Kallisti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*done being nice*

PRE - POSTING IN CAPITAL LETTERS INDICATES THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING - IT IS RUDE AND DOES NOT MAKE YOUR POINT ANY MORE VALID.

Written by: PREposterous

Cigar box does not fall into the catagory of juggling because you are not keeping at least one aloft at all times.

i can juggle two balls keeping one in the air at all times - is that [pre]juggling?

Written by: PREsumptious

"What falls into the catagory of manipulation?

poi,staff,contact,cigar boxes,hats

what about five hats then...?

four cigar boxes?

three staffs?

sticks were not even on your list - why would flashing nine sticks not count as [pre]juggling?

this 'topic' sucks - if you can call a thread where the only outside input permitted is one of three words, and ANY OTHER COMMENTS AT ALL ARE NOT RELEVANT, a topic.

i really don't think you give a toss what our favourite juggling style is and frankly, i couldn't give a crap what yours is any more - your definitions are so narrow and your horizons are so close to your face that a sensible and varied discussion is impossible.

i for one am over the 'who agrees with pre' game.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
eek

jeez pre... stop winding up the jugglers...

and my two cents... the only reason that staff and poi arent considered juggling is coz there harder...

*strolls non chalantaly towards the door whistling a nameless tune*

Love is the law.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ado-p: ubblol

Cole: hug flame wars are fun!

mods: join in! flame wars are for everyone!

T wave

-><- Kallisti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Threads like this bring a tear to my eye! wink

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nx?

i think you will find that 'toss' is just one style of juggling.

a style im shure you are getting very good at.

tosser.

Written by: coleman

*done being nice - apologies to the mods if you have to edit this*

pre, you truly are one jumped up little bitch!

IMO, the worst Pre is guilty of here is failing to anticipate that some individuals may get unreasonably enraged by his presumption that juggling=toss juggling.

Whereas replies like the above two are, IMO, designed to be inflammatary and goading.

Which is why I've reported this to the mods.

Personally I'm getting tired of people targetting individuals like Pre, who they know they will get a response out of.

IMO, name-calling and insults are not approriate in these threads.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
dave - i'm sorry my attitude has offended you.

thank-you for letting us all know how indignant you are at our outrageous behaviour.

again.

i realised before i posted that that my first line might need editing, which is what the comment at the start of the thread is for.

"the worst Pre is guilty of here is failing to anticipate that some individuals may get unreasonably enraged by his presumption"

no, we became enraged by his presumption coupled with his attitude to discussion.

if you look at all of pre's posts across the board, you will find a trend of presumptious, angry, rhetoric:

he regularly does not bother to read people's replies in threads he has started, he repeatedly ignores the majority of the discussions he posts in, he shows little or no interest in any opinions that are not his own (or do not agree with his own), he is often rude and/or arrogant, he is generally dismissive of other people's opinions, and overall, he makes little or no constructive input to any thread other than the ones that he starts himself.

i have simply become fed-up with trying to reason with pre when he repeatedly refuses to extend the same courtesy - my comment is not designed to get a response and is not goading (besides, if pre follows his normal trend, my comments will not be acknowledged at all).

"I would point out though, that many of those who do not classify diabolo, poi, devil stick etc as 'juggling', do not mean to imply that these forms of manipulation are less worthy or less skillful."

and i would point out that pre is definitely one of the few who *does* wish to imply lower levels of skill and worthiness of these props shrug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

if only you could changte the 'many in that sentence to 'all'

*sigh*

I feel that things are improved considerably in that area over the past few years.

Wouldn't you agree?

I don't think it will ever be 'all', as like all communities, some groups/individuals will carry an exclusive attitude.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

dave - i'm sorry my attitude has offended you.

thank-you for letting us all know how indignant you are at our outrageous behaviour.

again.

Cole- I'm not getting into an argument over this; I'll simply say, as a point of sincere feedback, just in case you're unaware of it, that adding 'again' at the end of your apology, comes across as a 'dig' to me personally.

as for my feeling on the posts in question, I'm not 'outraged', I'm simply , as I said in the post 'tired'.

Tired of seeing people being called the likes of

Written by:

tosser

and

Written by:

jumped up little bitch!

It's offensive, it breaks the boards guidelines and it helps create and maintain unpleasant flaming threads that get locked/deleted.

I'd argue that if Pre has posted unwisely in the past, that's no reason whatsoever to go on the attack now- he may be in the process of addressing flaws in his style of posting.

I'm sorry if my picking up of these posts has annoyed you, or if my comments on other such posts in the past have annoyed you- I'm just very aware of how bad people can feel when referred to as 'tossers/jumped up little bitches'.

I've also stood by and watched, in the past, posters who are easy to get a rise out of, being goaded and pushed and ganged up on, to the point that multiple threads were locked/deleted and the person being goaded responded in such a way that they were banned from the board.

To me, name-calling and insults should never feature in discussions on HOP- the official board advice is that, if you find Pre's posts objectional, contact the mods and let them deal with it.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

Cole- I'm not getting into an argument over this

okay then, me neither hug

i'll edit my post and remove the offending line since it is obviously inappropriate and does indeed contravene site rules.

i too am a little tired - of pre's attitude - in this thread and in just about all previous threads.

from experience, i will say that trying to discuss posting styles/attitudes with pre reaps no benefits as he is very rarely interested and apparently will not even acknowledge discussion of courtesy - this is why i resorted to a direct statement about his online persona and my opinion of it.

having said that, you are right that 'name-calling' (however accurate it is) can sometimes be very hurtful and it is not my wish to cause harm to others.

i'll replace my insult/observation (please delete as appropriate) with the following:

"PRE - POSTING IN CAPITAL LETTERS INDICATES THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING - IT IS RUDE AND DOES NOT MAKE YOUR POINT ANY MORE VALID."

i hope this removes any unnecessary inflammatory sentiment from my post.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
OWD I'm with you on the name calling. I don't really think it serves any purpose other than to maybe insight an argument, but I have to say that I agree with this part of Coles Post whole heartedly.

"the worst Pre is guilty of here is failing to anticipate that some individuals may get unreasonably enraged by his presumption"

no, we became enraged by his presumption coupled with his attitude to discussion.
if you look at all of pre's posts across the board, you will find a trend of presumptious, angry, rhetoric:

he regularly does not bother to read people's replies in threads he has started, he repeatedly ignores the majority of the discussions he posts in, he shows little or no interest in any opinions that are not his own (or do not agree with his own), he is often rude and/or arrogant, he is generally dismissive of other people's opinions, and overall, he makes little or no constructive input to any thread other than the ones that he starts himself.

Pre posts up threads that have questions in them but then also posts the answer he wants in the same starting post. Anyone that doesn't agree with him either gets ignored or told they don't know what they are talking about.

I've found him to be a person that has very set notions in his head and is not willing to listen to anything anyone say to him unless it is to pat him on the head and agree with him.

I gave up posting anything in reply to him a long time ago. I'm just suprised it has taken Cole and others so long to give up too. Maybe it's because they are better jugglers than, little ol' "hack" juggler, me and they felt more strongly about the topic than I do, so they tried to open Pre's mind to the wider world of juggling than he steadfastly refuses to admit is there.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
One. Cole...do I really need to say it or PM it? C'mon dude. Hit the little mod button ***before*** exploding and causing an annuerism.

Two. You're right. Quick search into Pre shows that he is indeed instagatory, opinionated and uninterested in the topics he starts. However, ignore him and the topics are not bad ones.

Three. For Pre- the general definitions that are gone by here tend to be... (as snagged from Random House and Webster Dictionaries)
jug·gle ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jgl)
v. jug·gled, jug·gling, jug·gles
v. tr.
To keep (two or more objects) in the air at one time by alternately tossing and catching them.
To have difficulty holding; balance insecurely:
To keep (two or more objects or actions) in motion simulatneously

v. intr.
To juggle objects or perform other tricks of manual dexterity.
To make rapid motions or manipulations

As you can see, everything we do seems to be blanketted under this. Anything beyond that falls into the realm of personal opinion. However, if you want to discuss something based on your own personal opinion you *must* state that opinion upfront and be willing to accept, especially on this bb, that opinions will differ from yours. By asking people's opinion, you make the latter quite obvious. However, by stating the only opinions you will accept are those which go along with your definitions is quite limited in scope and mindfulness, and will cause conflict.
Yelling is no solution to that.
So knock it off.

BTW, I have seen hats, boxes, staves, and even 3 poi be juggled in accordance to your definition. Just because you have not seen it does not make it invalid.

And from the non-mod pov...
I feel really bad that your opinion of this is so compartmentalized.
If you don't want to hear opinions other than your own..then don't ask the questions. It saves alot of headache and tension.
As far as I am concerned, contact is indeed juggling. Hell, I have seen some really fantastic two ball juggling, and many refuse to concider that as juggling.

The juggling you speak of is object manipulation. It all is. That is one very large broad category. Juggling, under that umbrella is as well. And with more innovate presentations and artistry coming along everyday, those lines are even more blurred.

If you are trying to hang on to some ideal of a traditional approach, great for you. Sometime there needs to be the realization however, that the juggling/object manipulation world is continuing on well beyond the concept that 3 or more balls thrown into the air constitutes "juggling" whether or not you care to admit to it.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Page: