Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > behind the back backwards weave gah

Login/Join to Participate

eightballnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
hey i was in denile about the behind the back backwards weave for ages even thought a friend of mine who is way too flexable for her own good! learnt it and showed it to me, now after maybe7 months i have finaly admitted to it being a real move and not just a magic trick, im trying to learn it but can only get the backwards single weave behind the back does any one have any tips? i still think the 5 beat backwards behind the back weave is a trick though. xx

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I can give you a tip...

Search tongue

There are tons of advice threads, all neatly Compiled By Simian in a sticky thread at the top of this forum...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

ZherecBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Best way to learn something new, is to use poi that has very heavy or spiky head in it. More it hurts, faster you learn.

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Thats sadistic. Use someting fluffy. I nearly knocked myself out last night doing a five beat backwards weave with globalz - whacked myself in the face. Broken glasses and a bruised nose. Fluffy is best. peace

The world is a park. Go play in it. x x x

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Written by: Elzibelles

Thats sadistic. Use someting fluffy. I nearly knocked myself out last night doing a five beat backwards weave with globalz - whacked myself in the face. Broken glasses and a bruised nose. Fluffy is best. peace

lol *pets my blue fluffy poi* who's my lil tribbles on a chain.. yes you are!

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Hairy TaitBRONZE Member
109 posts

Posted:
practise practise practise........

It's a very interesting story, Future Boy....!

ElzibellesSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
Written by: L0s3r_r@v3r

lol *pets my blue fluffy poi* who's my lil tribbles on a chain.. yes you are!

I do hope you're not taking the piss out of fluffiness. I've been to MA and I'll come back and kick your arse! (we don't say 'ass' in England).

PS - nice sun poi pic. Is it you??

The world is a park. Go play in it. x x x

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Try padlocks in socks, learning curve gets steep.hahaha No really try like rice in socks or Home of poi tutorials. Learn one hand at a time, it amkes most tricks much asier. learn with one poi at at a time!!

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
Written by: eightball

hey i was in denile about the behind the back backwards weave for ages even thought a friend of mine who is way too flexable for her own good! learnt it and showed it to me, now after maybe7 months i have finaly admitted to it being a real move and not just a magic trick, im trying to learn it but can only get the backwards single weave behind the back does any one have any tips? i still think the 5 beat backwards behind the back weave is a trick though. xx

i broke it down here. works the same way forward and backward for me --

[Old link]

my "trick" for BTB5s is usually "dipping at the knee for reverse, hop on tiptoes for forward". all of this probably makes little sense as to where, when, and how to apply that tho unless you already have gotten it once or twice by accident. good luck!

-- dut