Forums > Videos > Dave/Mill's silly poi/nunchuk adventures

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
https://erichabberfield.com/Uncut-dave-rhymo.wmv

Us goofing around a while back... uncut footage, don't mind the mistakes, we're only human!

enjoy

acidtripSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
nice!

if it doesent burn try harder

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
so this is where that link came from wink

sorry I wasnt up this morning when you sent it to me.. what kind of poi are you using, because it seemed like those burnt quick.

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
really nice.......

nunchucks were sweet - but then ive seen ninja rob in action so its hard to comment smile

Poi though - wow..... really clean indeed - some of the stalls, tap variations you have going there really are original and very very tastey smile

But then coming from me that probably means nothing as i really dont know much about poi at all ubblol

ubbangel

Thanks for posting biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Wicked! Nice energy, flow and foot work in the middle. biggrin
I liked the nun-chucks too. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
wicked smile

there afew rough parts but it all does make it feel like a very honest vids and there easily enough slick spinning to make up for it.

also was possilby alittle long not by much but I find it hard to pay attention longer the 3/4mins

anyway am really just picking holes in what was really a very nice vid, good work

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Written by: strugz

really nice.......

nunchucks were sweet - but then ive seen ninja rob in action so its hard to comment smile

Poi though - wow..... really clean indeed - some of the stalls, tap variations you have going there really are original and very very tastey smile

But then coming from me that probably means nothing as i really dont know much about poi at all ubblol

ubbangel

Thanks for posting biggrin

ditto

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
my poi are the HOP cathedrals... sorta old, I should probably get a new pair. looking to buy a larger set sometime soon.

thanks for the kind words, means a lot from HOPpers smile

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
The 'puter I'm using is so old that that vid is juddert even viewed in a window, 'BUT' I swear a vid of the guy spinning poi was posted on Spherculism quite a while ago- the video was titled 'ryanfire' and was a personal fave- i recognise a lot of the wraps, wick grabbing and general style- I wondered if it was the same guy?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
That really confused me. I was watching thinking, I've seen this somewhere before, but not having a clue where. Took me ages to work it out.

Really nice spinning though!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Cool, congrats on such a good vid! Liked the nunchuk part especially

*clap clap clap clap*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
NIce vid! like the nunchucks especially, it's always nice to see some different toys in play!

Chutney: ditto

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
OMG 1. i didn't know you could catch the poi heads while on fire.. you wearing a glow or what? it's fudgeing awesome! I'd so censored you i mean.. Hug

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
nah, no gloves, i'm just really dumb smile

yep, i'm the same guy from ryanfire - linkage here:

https://orbit.harm.org/Spinning/MillenniuM/ryanfire.wmv

edit: hyperlinkage
EDITED_BY: MillenniuM (1139426267)

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
shh... MillenniuM = Ryan.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Ahhh thats that cleared up smile

I love that vid- its got a lot of individual style to it smile Thanks for the clarification smile

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
i watched that video and all i got to say is .. ryan.. WILL YOU MARRY ME! *presents you with maccaroni picture* i love yoru style espectialy the catching and all that.. I wana know how bad if at all it burns?

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
i only get burned if i miss the catch and grab metal instead of kevlar. kevlar doesn't conduct enough heat to burn you, and you can have your hand touching the actual flame for up to 2 or 3, sometimes even 4 seconds without it burning you. The hottest part of a flame isn't right near the source of the flame, and your hand directly on the wick is one of the coolest spots of a flame.

if you grab the metal, though, expect blistering and what not. The old HOP cathedral wick design had a flap of kevlar that was sewn over the hardware on the bottom of the wick... the new HOP wicks don't have that. I highly suggest that if you use the HOP wicks, you sew a flap of kevlar to the bottom so you don't grab a screw and burn yourself... I haven't done that yet, but I'm sure I'll burn myself a lot less if I do smile

shh... orbit = roger! he's crazy, too.