Page:
Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the unlimitable superior who reveals Himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.
-- Albert Einstein

Alright, you're turn

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh Jello, you had to get me started!
When I took my (I love the name of this class) Oral Interpretation class, we had to keep a journal in which we collected quotes that moved or somehow struck a chord in us. I will find it and post them up...until then...

"It's hard to hear a whisper when hate is shouting in your ear."- Will Ryker, ST:TNG

"If in all the truths in the world you pick one and follow it blindly, it becomes a falsehood and you a fanatic."- Jack Marshak

"And with the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."- Invincible: Pat Benetar

"There is no blinder man than a man with a mission."- Jack Marshak

I'll be back

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hehe, quotes rock I used to have a huge collection but they vanished when my old computer went insane and commited suicide.

Anywho

Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make, not only our own happiness, but that of the world at large.
-- Gandhi

I like nonsense -- it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope...and that enables you to laugh at all of life's realities.
-- Theodor S. Geisel, a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss"

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams

Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blue prints of your ultimate accomplishments.
- Napoleon Hill

[ 16. December 2002, 15:14: Message edited by: Jello ]

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Curiosity not only killed the cat, but tied lead weights to its feet and threw it in the river - Terry Pratchett

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
"I mistrust those who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice how it always coincides with their own desires." Susan B. Anthony

"A classic is something everyone wants to have read and nobody wants to read." Mark Twain

"Familiarity breeds contempt. And children." Mark Twain

"I have come to the inescapable conclusion that the sole purpose of higher education is to find that subject about which you are most passionate and to subsequently drain every last ounce of that passion from you." Mike Ginsberg

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
This may not be verbatum, but I'll try...

"because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desierous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!'"

"It was the Denver night all I did was die...
Down in Denver
Down in Denver
and all I did was die..."
-Jack Kerouac

"Sometimes too much is not nearly enough"
-Samual Clemens (Mark Twain)

"I know that the truth is somwhere between the 1st and the 40th drink"
-Tori Amos

"God gave us alcohal as a sure sign that he loves us and wants us to be happy"
-Benjamin Franklin

Jesus helps me trick people.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.
-- Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham City Jail, 1963

Everybody can be great... because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. you only need a heart full of grace. a soul generated by love.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it.
Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it.
Hatred darkens life; love illumines it.

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. the foundation of such a method is love.

Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

The church must be the critic and guide of the state, and never its tool.

We shall match your capacity to inflict suffering with our capacity to endure suffering. Do to us what you will and we shall continue to love you.

When you are right, you cannot be too radical; When you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.

[ 16. December 2002, 18:00: Message edited by: Jello ]

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
"The single greatest cause for Aithisim in the world today is Christians, who acknowlege Jesus Christ with their lips and deny him by their lifestyle." DC Talk

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
"Do or not do, there is no try." - Yoda

"God bless the Atheists" - ??

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
k.. I love reading quoes..specially positive ones... but heres a couple of negative ones I USED to love:

"I have only ever believed in beginnings. The ends have no merit, except to show how badly that first hope was misplaced." - Some SBS movie.

"The further I get from the things I care about, the less I care about how much further away I get." - Robert Smith, The Cure.

I like my sig quote too obviously.. oh and that Samuel Johnson one that Bender said somewhere... ummmm "Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, as it is better to be wronged than to wrong"... or something like that anyway.. (terrible memory..)

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
some cool dune quotes (come on now, if i didn't, people might not believe i am predictable)

Uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be seen. More questions!
--Mentat Zensufi

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
--The Coda

You cannot manipulate a marionette with only one string.
--The Zensunni Whip

Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristocratic forms. No government in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, government tends more and more to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class--whether that class be hereditary royalty, oligarchs of financial empires, or entrenched bureaucracy.
--Politics as Repeat Phenomenon: Bene Gesserit Training Manual

Laws to suppress tend to strengthen what they would prohibit. This is the fine point on which all the legal professions of history have based their job security.
--Bene Gesserit Coda

We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose.
--Bene Gesserit Coda

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

thisboysetsfiremember
45 posts

Posted:
"the pen is mightier than the sword, because the pen is what writes the letters that sends the soldiers to war"
-- dilated peoples

"wake up and shut up, weve become our worst enemy"
-- Boy sets fire

"i havent grown to hate you, ive just grown to forget you"
-- Boy sets fire

"religion is just opium for the masses"
-- my sociology teacher

"when rich people do silly things, their considered excentric, when poor people do the same, their considered crazy"
-- my pyschology teacher

um, thats about it from me at the moment

Mike Buggins

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
The way that is the way is not the way

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
---Ahem....

"Never insult seven men when all yer packin' is a six-shooter" - Sherman T. Potter -

"Nobody is perfect--until you fall in love with them." -

"Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I will understand." -Native American saying

A friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you." -Elbert Hubbard

"One original thought is worth a thousand random quotings." - Diogenes (4th cen.)

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
"Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent." Ludwig Wittgenstein

"We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster." The Shoveller

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I love this thread.

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth"
-- Adolf Hitler

"It's so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom."
--Joan Rivers.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."
-- Robin Williams.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life"
-- Kaz

"Dying when you're not really sick is really sick, you know. Really!"
-- Charles De Mar on suicide

"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!"
-- the Tick

"This so-called "new religion" is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants, designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's Prayer 40 times, but first, let's pass the collection plate!"
-- Reverend Lovejoy from The Simpsons

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."
-- Homer Jay Simpson from The Simpsons

"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
-- Fictional reporter

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Everything is everything. But some things aren't everything. These things I call...."nothing".
- Lenny Henry

Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise"
- Gordan Gano (Violent Femmes)

If white America told the truth for one day the world would collapse
- Not sure...

If I should die this very moment, I wouldn't fear. For I've never known completeness like being here - Wrapped in the warmth of you, loving every breath of you. Steal my heart this moment, or it might burst
- Lou (Lamb - who BTW I'm seeing in February @ Brixton. Anyone else going to be there?)

It wasn't me...
- Shaggy

The entire Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail script
- Me when drunk

He's not the Messiah - He's a very naughty boy
- Brian's Mum

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
"Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children." - The Crow

"A great lover is not a man who romances a different woman each night, but loves a single woman for a lifetime." - Confucious

"In this world of troubles and defeat, every rose may have it's thorn, but aren't the roses sweet?"-Joanne Garden

"Build your castles in the clouds, for that is where they should be. The important thing to remember is to put a foundation beneath them."-Unknown

"Though lovers be lost, love shall not
Death shall have no dominion." - Shakespeare

"Marry an ugly girl, keep the oyster not the pearl cause if an ugly lass should leave you...you find you don't really mind!" - Health to Love and Marriage

Pele

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
To expound upon Ade's post...

"The way you can go is not the real way
The name you can say is not the real name

Heaven and earth being in the unnamed
name's the mother of the ten thousand things

So the unwanting soul sees what is hidden
and the ever wanting soul sees only what it wants

Two things, one origin, but diffirent in name,
whose identity is mystery.
Mystery of all mysteries! The door to the hidden."
-Lao Tzu (the Tao Te Ching)

"Write with blood, and you will soon discover that blood is spirit."
-Freidrick Neitzche

"Nobody, so far as I can see, is making use of those elements in the air which give direction and motivation to our lives."
-Henry Miller (Tropic of Cancer)

Jesus helps me trick people.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, I am going to throw up some movie quotes, as per Pele's "suggestion" (love ya, Pele!)

I just got done watching "Snatch." My favorite line is when Bricktop opens the door to the gangsters' office and finds the three men trying to move a dead body: "I hope this isn't a bad moment..."

Reservoir Dogs: "If you beat him enough, he'll tell you he killed John F-cking Kennedy, but that don't necessarily make it so!"

Matrix:
Oracle: "You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you."
Neo: "Who?"
Oracle: "Not too bright, though."

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones:
Obi-Wan: "What took you so long?"
Anakin: "Well, you know master, I couldn't find a speeder that I liked."

Saving Grace: "What are you doing? You'll raise a talk!"
Hannie Chambers to Grace after Grace pulls out a foot-long cannabis bud right in front of the London Police headquarters.

-Mike

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
My fav movie Qoutes:

From Dusk To Dawn:

"everyone be cool...you be cool"
"i dont believe in Vampires but i believe in what i see, and what i saw was vampires"

(may not be word to word accurate as done from memory)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
"Joy that is eternal, bliss that is everlasting, is only yours when what you so desparately want is just out of reach."
-C.S. Lewis

"Love only knows one: another"
-me

"You should mindful of the future, yes, but never at the expense of the moment." -
Qui Gon Jinn quoting Master Yoda

"War does not make one great"
-Master Yoda

"Adventure, heh, excitement, heh, a jedi seeks not these things."
-yet again, Master Yoda

"I've heard that cocaine intensifies your personality,...but what if you're an asshole??"
-Bill Cosby

"Derserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
-Gandalf the Grey

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
-Liz Taylor

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Favourite quotable movie ever! Withnail and I - rather than have me list all the gems go to Withnail Quotes or here

Other ones I like are 'after all tomorrow is another day' (Gone with the Wind) Inconceivable!! (Princess Bride) I'm f@*king my little pumpkin (Stealing Beauty)

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
"oh yeah, yeah, I understand; Gravity."
-my coach after my "im too scared" spiel

"I'd sing at the drop of a hat! well, i dont have a hat, but if i did have a hat, and it dropped, I'd sing!!"
-the turtle from Alice in Wonderland

i have a page full of funny quotes, but most of them are from peoples signatures on this site!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
"GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN!"
-some old bill-

[edit]: oh yeah, and my sig of course which is guru from gangstarr.

[ 19. December 2002, 01:24: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Wher to start?

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. -Mark Twain

Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities: the freshmen bring a little in; the seniors don't take much away, so knowledge sort of accumulates... -Anonymous

Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational. -Charles Schulz

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. -Derek Bok

Verbal Kint: The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. -The Usual Suspects

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. -Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. -Helen Keller

Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines. -Jason Hutchison

The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana

History, like woman, must be firmly taken when she is ready. Otherwise, she scorns the fumbler, never forgives him, and never gives him another chance. -Herman Wouk in his book The Winds of War

The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. -Ray Kroc

Few things are harder to put up with than a good example. -Mark Twain (1835-1910)

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston Churchill

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. -Tom Clancy

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him. -Voltaire

Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm. -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Kevin Lomax: What about love?
John Milton: Overrated. Biochemically no different from eating large quantities of chocolate.
-The Devil's Advocate

Minds are like parachutes- they only function when open. -Thomas Dewar

Do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. -Galileo Galilei

It is better to debate a question without settling it, than to settle a question without debating it. -Joseph Joubert

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -Arthur Schopenhauer

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -The Matrix

Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth. -Lillian Hellman

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. -Benjamin Disraeli

Wooderson: That's what I like about them high school girls...I keep getting older and they stay the same age. -Dazed and Confused

It is well that war is horrible or we should grow too fond of it. -Robert E. Lee

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result. -Winston Churchill

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. -Confucius

It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them. -Alfred Adler

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office. -Aesop

I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it
happens. -Woody Allen

Language is the means of getting an idea from my brain into yours
without surgery. -Mark Amidon of Elbows

Try to look unimportant because the bad guys may be low on ammo. -Amphibious Warfare Review,

The gods are too fond of a joke. -Aristotle

Never believe anything until it's officially denied. -Margaret Atwood

The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as
smart as men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway. -Bernard Avishai

Age appears best in four things: old wood to burn, old wine to drink,
old friends to trust, and old authors to read. - Francis Bacon

Enough or to much? -William Blake

?????????????????????????????????

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
"Save the World - Kill a Trendy" - our on beautiful Distorted

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I've seen some great bumper stickers.

"Save the Whales--Collect the Whole Set (For a Limited Time Only)"

"Free Tibet (with purchase of 12-oz drink)"

"Save a Cow--Eat a Vegetarian."

"Role - Hemp" (during the 1996 U.S. Presidential Campaign...this sticker looked like the "Dole--Kemp" campaign stickers)

"I am Funker than Thou."

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!"

"Honk if you are Jesus."

"For a small town, this one sure has a lot of @$$holes."

"Perhaps you'd drive better with that cell phone shoved up your @$$."

"Hang up and drive."

"Don't blame me! I didn't vote for him, either!"

"You! Out of the gene pool!"

"If you can read this, YOU'RE TOO DAMNED CLOSE!"

"How's my driving? Call: 1-800-UP-YOURS"

"Pardon me, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a sh!t."

"Well, this day was a total waste of make-up."

"Is it Friday yet?"

"My kid is having sex with your Honors Student."

"Warning: I go from zero to bitch in 0.3 seconds."

"God was my copilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him."

"Drop Dead! But...have a nice day!"

-Mike

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
"Ooooo, floor pie!"

"Fiddle dee dee...that will require a tetanus shot."

more later...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
"Things are only impossible until they are not." -
Captain Picard, ST:TNG

"Dare to Suck" - 2000 Dickens Cast Motto

"The greatest power anyone has is the power to say the word no and mean it." - Jim Green

"I am only acting until the perfect waitressing job comes along."

Pele

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Proverbs of Hell
By William Blake

1 In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
2 Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.
3 The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
4 Prudence is a rich, ugly old maid courted by Incapacity.
5 He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.
6 The cut worm forgives the plow.
7 Dip him in the river who loves water.
8 A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.
9 He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.
10 Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
11 The busy bee has no time for sorrow.
12 The hours of folly are measur'd by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure.
13 All wholesome food is caught without a net or a trap.
14 Bring out number, weight and measure in a year of dearth.
15 No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.
16 A dead body revenges not injuries.
17 The most sublime act is to set another before you.
18 If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.
19 Folly is the cloak of knavery.
20 Shame is Pride's cloke.
21 Prisons are built with stones of law, brothels with bricks of religion.
22 The pride of the peacock is the glory of God.
23 The lust of the goat is the bounty of God.
24 The wrath of the lion is the wisdom of God.
25 The nakedness of woman is the work of God.
26 Excess of sorrow laughs. Excess of joy weeps.
27 The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity, too great for the eye of man.
28 The fox condemns the trap, not himself.
29 Joys impregnate. Sorrows bring forth.
30 Let man wear the fell of the lion, woman the fleece of the sheep.
31 The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.
32 The selfish, smiling fool, and the sullen, frowning fool shall be both thought wise, that they may be a rod.
33 What is now proved was once only imagin'd.
34 The rat, the mouse, the fox, the rabbit watch the roots; the lion, the tyger, the horse, the elephant watch the fruits.
35 The cistern contains: the fountain overflows.
36 One thought fills immensity.
37 Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you.
38 Every thing possible to be believ'd is an image of truth.
39 The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the crow.
40 The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion.
41 Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
42 He who has suffer'd you to impose on him, knows you.
43 As the plow follows words, so God rewards prayers.
44 The tygers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.
45 Expect poison from the standing water.
46 You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.
47 Listen to the fool's reproach! it is a kingly title!
48 The eyes of fire, the nostrils of air, the mouth of water, the beard of earth.
49 The weak in courage is strong in cunning.
50 The apple tree never asks the beech how he shall grow; nor the lion, the horse, how he shall take his prey.
51 The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
52 If others had not been foolish, we should be so.
53 The soul of sweet delight can never be defil'd.
54 When thou seest an eagle, thou seest a portion of genius; lift up thy head!
55 As the caterpiller chooses the fairest leaves to lay her eggs on, so the priest lays his curse on the fairest joys.
56 To create a little flower is the labour of ages.
57 Damn braces. Bless relaxes.
58 The best wine is the oldest, the best water the newest.
59 Prayers plow not! Praises reap not!
60 Joys laugh not! Sorrows weep not!
61 The head Sublime, the heart Pathos, the genitals Beauty, the hands and feet Proportion.
62 As the air to a bird or the sea to a fish, so is contempt to the contemptible.
63 The crow wish'd every thing was black, the owl that every thing was white.
64 Exuberance is Beauty.
65 If the lion was advised by the fox, he would be cunning.
66 Improvement makes strait roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.
67 Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires.
68 Where man is not, nature is barren.
69 Truth can never be told so as to be understood, and not be believ'd.
70 Enough! or too much.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Page: