Forums > Social Chat > Where have you done it? ...poi i mean

Login/Join to Participate

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
So just post unusual places you've done poi. That's all I'm wondering. Whether it's a different country or just in a strange place. Unique experiences are always on topic as well...

--So to kick things off, this New Year's Eve (2005-2006) I did my glow poi on the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy, in the rain. It was an amazing setting because although it was raining there were at least 1000 people there in just like one spot, watching fireworks and obviously, me poi. I have no pictures as this was more a fun thing for me to do alone, an experience thing...
--And my next strange thing is ontop of a cliff in the middle of Virginia in the USA (last night actually). I was camping out with a couple friends in the woods along the appalachian trail and we all went to a cliff where I got up and played around to my friends techno...good times.
--For the immediate future (this friday) I have planned a talent show in front of 400+ people at my school. I'm doing it with some of my friends some of whom are better than me and some of whom are not. should be fun! weavesmiley

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
On a plane, with makeshift poi made from my shoelaces with knots tied in the ends smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Theres a thread already.
Search is dead.
Long live the king.

frown

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
oops...how old is it?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

But this one is not exclusively for unusual spinning places... does that make the difference?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
aye, theres an older version of that around.

i remember it from when I joined.... umm

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*takes Jon's walking stick*

*runs away*

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*falls over in comical manner*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
yeah, this can get more off topic. it includes strange junk happening while playing with poi...my friend had a kid try to stop the poi. my friend promptly did a thread the needle and punched the kid. it was hilarious.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ubblol bit extreme, i normally find the words dont do that would suffice... altenatively, if they had been fire poi, i would have done a simple weave and walked towards such kid, scaring the censored out of them. But thats just me biggrin

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
yeah, we work in glow poi, far too inexperienced for fire. Then again, most kids seem terrified if you get too close to them spinning glows. plastic hurts but i really don't care. I've hit myself in the face and ...another area...more times than i can count.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Your elbow?
biggrin

No, its your knee isnt it?

Ive hit myself more times I can count too.
Then again,
I can only count up to 8. frown

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
During the christmas break I decided it might be a good idea to spin poi wearing nothing but a pair of boxers and snowboard boots while it was snowing. Fire mind you. I have photos on my phone too. I've also spun on the top bit of the pier in St Andrews with Ruthless.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:

i did it on your parents bed.

it felt naughty!

biggrin

-- dut

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i spun standing on the top of cardiff castels center tower. climed up on the wall and put my toes over the edge and then started dancing around. i was so scared but i was bad as [censored]. to bad im now banned from the castel

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
Last weekend we did fire poi on a friend's roof, overlooking most of london... it was gorgeous! (to be honest, it was a safe enough roof - just enough space for it to be exciting!). It was freezing too!

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: pitman

i spun standing on the top of cardiff castels center tower. climed up on the wall and put my toes over the edge and then started dancing around. i was so scared but i was bad as censored. to bad im now banned from the castel

Good for them, pitman soup splatterd all over the castle floor wouldnt make very nice tourist attraction.

I havnt spun anywhere unusual, but I have attacked a friend with sock poi lol, POW, and taught one of his friends a butterfly. I doubt she will pick up poi though.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

Theres a thread already.
Search is dead.
Long live the king.

frown

frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

Written by: UraniumChipOxidationFacility

Theres a thread already.
Search is dead.
Long live the king.

frown

frown

ubbcrying

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

kittykillerSILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
sh people, with this one you can go more off topic

rusty11BRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
 Written by: kittykiller

yeah, this can get more off topic. it includes strange junk happening while playing with poi...my friend had a kid try to stop the poi. my friend promptly did a thread the needle and punched the kid. it was hilarious.

yeah clearly that was me. and i almost smacked the guy in the face. it made me giggle because he screamed.
weavesmiley

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
me n my fried climbed up on to the sports hall roof at school and did poi up there, was pretty fun. then the teacher caught us and then we were in the censored

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

gasolineSILVER Member
54 posts

Posted:
on the top of my father's big red van with my cousin, at the eurockeenes of Belfort, my sister was driving very slowly, but the festival's atmosphere (we were "quite" drunk redface ) made my cousin fall of the van and my first official burnt, devil

aaaaaah, que de souvenirs ce festival!!

Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which i desire!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
on the lip of a quarry in suffolk last summer at a big illegal rave, i spun with some cool people, some beginners and some more experienced spinners biggrin

it was amazing to spin just as the sun was rising and the music was getting darker and harder ubblove raves

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
here

*produces sandwich- is happy*