Page:
mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I'm planning on getting a house in the next couple months and I want it to be as poi friendly as possible so I can host weekly spin jams. What would your ideal spinners house have?

I want to set up a good size indoor area with tall ceilings and non-breakable wall mirrors sort of like a dance studio. We lose a lot of days to cold and rain so this is a requirement. A couple UV light strips and a nice sound system would also be nice.

Outside I want a large private burn pad. I figure a big flat tiled patio with a tall privacy fence and maybe a sectioned off fuel dump area. It would be cool to have the area lit by gas tiki torches.

What other goodies do I need?

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

webdaemonBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
dude what you are doing is amazing... my mom bought a few plots of land in Port St. Lucie, Florida. we have a house on one of the plots... i did a few things that you described but on a MUCH smaller scale. due to the fact my mom doesnt want to put up ANY fence the backyard WAS off limits until i found a spot. we have a cannal running behind our house (for rain watter to run off) any way we have a kind of tunnel plowed through the ground further down from us so the water runs under ground below the streets. i decided i would build a mini fort in there. it has about 8.5' high ceeling on average... its in an arch shape. and its about 15 feet wide and 20 feet deep. its a nice little spot. i had all this barmitzvah money laying around so i went to homedepot and built a platform that goes above the water and is secured so i can have about 8 people including me in there (i invited my friends over and thats how i got the number). i began to build up a wall towards the back of it so there is only one entrance. i am going to finish up the building of the second wall... i plan to incorporate a door with a locking feature so i can have private spins.

i checked it is LEGAL for me to do this since its technically my property. SWEET!!!

since its a summer/vacation house i need to wait till spring break before i can finish.

wish me luck...

weavesmiley weavesmiley weavesmiley ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco beerchug peace

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
Make yourself a POI SHRINE IN YOUR GARAGE!!!

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
need some sort of water element...reflection of a good burn only makes it look more fantastic
NC huh...bf knows people in charlotte i think

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Beachside LightTiki Torches
3 posts

Posted:
**advertising removed**

Beachside Lighting
1-800-405-6732

Dr.BabsSILVER Member
20% more: DIET ASBESTOS©
34 posts

Posted:
NC eh?

I live in Raleigh!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
laugh3 persistent fellow wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Clark Andersonstranger
2 posts

Posted:
Poi Dog Pondering is an American musical group, noted for its cross-pollenation of diverse musical forms, including various forms of acoustic folk music, and modern electronic house music. Founded in Hawaii in 1985, the band moved to Austin, ccna Texas in 1987, where they recorded their first three albums. In 1992, the band relocated once again, this time to Chicago, Illinois, and began to incorporate elements of house music into their style.

EDITED_BY: Clark Anderson (1272430123)

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
this is a cool idea, I'm currently transitioning to a new place of residence as soon as I sell my apartment. I'll make sure my New York location is likewise poi friendly for all those who need a place to spin

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

Page: