Forums > Help! > Video clips (3rd Rock, Brittas) any suggestions?

Login/Join to Participate

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Hi!

I'm trying to put together a presentation and I need some video clips to add to it.

In particular I'm looking for some early 3rd Rock from the Sun (where they were very much "aliens" not understanding social rules etc), and/or the Brittas Empire (to show someone who has empathy problems).

I've tried the standard Google searches, and have searched on Yahoo video. But not found what I'm after. I really don't want to buy whole episodes on the basis that these are really not my favourite TV shows, and I have no desire to spend what little money I have on them. And work will not even think of buying this kind of thing for me.

Have I missed anywhere where I could find some clips? Ideas welcome!

Oh, and just for fun.... and a big slab of chocolate brownie goes to the first one to guess what the presentation is about.....
(I have a slightly twisted idea of what fun is. redface)

Thanks and hugs to you all! hug

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ide guess the presentation is about being in a forighn enviroment (country) and not understanding how to act around people.

You could buy the dvds and keep the reciepts handy, HMV dont usually make a fuss of returns at least not the ones near me.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the advise my little chinchilla.
I saw a book yesterday that said you need to live in a busy enviroment, but with no noise. So I've put your cage in the sitting room and bought you some ear muffs. biggrin

By the way...re. your guess...nope. But there are some similarities between that experience and my presentation....

hug

Boo x

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Even if you buy the DVD's you wouldn't have the copyright to edit them down on to something else, and, if you're going to be showing this to a lot of people or have it passed on i would say you should think about that. I don't think it costs much to buy the right to do something like that.

Just wanted to let you know...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

I saw a book yesterday that said you need to live in a busy enviroment, but with no noise. So I've put your cage in the sitting room and bought you some ear muffs.

Thank you, I can stop nervously wee'ing all over my cage now ubbloco

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sym

Even if you buy the DVD's you wouldn't have the copyright to edit them down on to something else, and, if you're going to be showing this to a lot of people or have it passed on i would say you should think about that. I don't think it costs much to buy the right to do something like that.

Just wanted to let you know...

Thanks Sym. I'll bear that in mind.
smile

Boo x

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
you could always 'borrow' a few clips from the bittorrent network (but note that this is not legal unless you already own the dvd) smile

if you have to be all legal and that, ebay comes to your rescue - you could probably get hold of copies of the footage you need for under a tenner...

good luck ubbrollsmile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Boo, seeing as you live in penryn, and that happens to be the location of the Falmouth College of Arts video library, where they do indeed have copies of old episodes of tv shows, and where i imagine you might be able to find what you need.... perhaps locate a friendly media student in local area to help you? the footage is obviously there for educational purposes, and if you be educating on a small scale.....?

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.