Forums > Social Chat > Why did someone steal my Poi?

Login/Join to Participate

Pirate BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
A week ago, some theiving low life stole my poi. In the area i live in there are only so many fire spinners, so who ever stole them, will be seen by someone else i know when they go to use them. And i hope i find out who it was soon.....Grrrrrr

Only the insane prosper,
Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Well, perhaps it was someone who doesnt already spin fire... In which case, you may have inadvertantly turned them on to an awesome new hobby where they will eventually give back to the community. If it was someone who spins fire and it wasnt an accident, may they get a nasty 2nd degree wink

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
its probable it was just some idiot who saw it and thought it looked cool, so they stole them only to find out it actually required more skill than they could ever hope to have and will then sit on their messy bedroom floor until their house is burnt to ash because they fell asleep with a ciggie.

i met people in a similar situation when they thought they'd be able to steal my friends uni by riding off on it.........

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
bloody CHAVS strike againubblol

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
Well what goes around comes around if it wasnt a spinner then watch out for a human fier ball running down the road.

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
2 things pirateboy..
-1 someone once stole my glasses! i am very poorly sighted and someone took them from me and ran off. i would have followed but i couldnt see past my nose.. just goes to show some people do bad things, you cant get too caught up on it.
-2 the universe took your poi from you. if you accept it some good may come from it. the same thing happened to my GF, i got her the poi for our aniversary, her first set, they went everywhere with her. then someone took them.. she was deeply saddened. but now she's gonna get a set of mega cathedral wick poi...

also, have you ever found anything?? "what goes around comes around". oh and not forgetting hug hug2 hug

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
and i know its hard to loose a poi my LED poi broke and flew away last week as i spun it behined my head. i looked every were for it knocked on every door but no one has seen my poi i only had that one for two weeks. Its ok i have more i would be so lost with out them. need a new LED one now i miss playing with it in the dark . Hope you fined your poi hun or who nicked it good luck.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
ha, Dr Fandango i thought you were going to say you got your girlfriend a new set of poi, and then somebody stole her from you!! biggrin much laughters at the thought!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol funny in the mean way

What kind of poi where they pirateboy? How did you loose them did you put them down somewhere and wander off? I would be bummed if I had my poi stolen.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Some idiot stole ONE of my poi from a house party once, ONE POI!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Somebody stole our potted orange trees just before christmas.
And being mean and assuming what type of person stole them - what on earth is a person in a matching tracksuit that looks like pyjamas going to do with 2 orange trees? rolleyes

Although its a very slim chance, I hope they get returned hug hug

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
i have a thought why dont we leave somthing that you would think know one would want to steal out side your house and see how long it takes befor it goes. my mum left an old fridge out side that she was gonna get rid of it was really really old and diddnt work and some one took it. who needs bin men.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
lol, maybe an antique dealer pciked it up and then resold it got $3000!

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
lol feel sorry for the person they sold it to

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Hey Pirate - that's very unusual...

No outsider would really steal a dirty, smelly item... and an insider wouldn't do it by ethics - I can certainly understand your mad2 and keep my fingers x-ed for their return...

In the meantime hug - If I'd be close, I'd borrow you my pair...

Good luck

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

nonenonenoneSILVER Member
129 posts

Posted:
i had half a poi stolen when i was camping once! got these yellow and black poi with detachable tails, they nicked the head and handle bit but left the tails and the other poi! really confused me that did!

Good luck, hope u get them back!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
At a juggling convention someone stole my sock poi, i didn't care about loosing the sock poi so what you can make some more, the bad depressing thing about it was that my sock poi had floosie juggling balls in that cost 7 quid for one ball frown admitedly stupid thing to put in the sock poi but i was desperate at the time

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
i lost my $40 aust. made footbag two days ago, now i'll have to buy a new one frown admittedly i have lost at least $120 worth of footbags in two years, but still.......

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
there is one stupid thing about stealing: it piles up bad energy... there was a sign in the byron bay arts factory (whatever one may think about todays version of the lodge)... the sign said:

"Consider stealing? If we don't get you - karma will..."

I found that kind of neat...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
instant karma isnt a buddisht belief, its a western misinterpretation wink