Forums > Meet Others > Newfoundland? ...or even Canada?

Login/Join to Participate

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
According to a couple of the more seasoned jugglers in this city, there's a big poi community in St. John's if you go looking for it... I've been looking, but having so little success...

Is there anyone from Newfoundland, or even Canada, out there?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I reckon there's a couple from canada about the place. Have a look in the canada thread, [Old link]

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Simply CorinneSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
You play with the jugglers at MUN? I don't recognise you from your pic, and I'd definitely remember another poi spinner....since that would make TWO of us on this poiless island.

I work at The Village, and live in CBS. I went out a couple of times to the juggling night, and I really like all the people there, but I really just wanted someone else to spin poi with so I haven't been back...

There's another girl I know who has just started spinning, and I bet she'd love to come out.

Perhaps I will give the juggling night another try?? I'd love to have someone else with poi around.

Email me! We will hook up and play smile
corinnepomroy@hotmail.com

I've left all my friends in Toronto, and moved on down to Newfoundland. If there are any fire friends, or poi friends, or hula friends...or any friends at all here near St. John's...PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I'M LONELY frown

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I know someone in Port Aux Basques if I remember correctly.. he comes down to Hfx in the summer. He doesn't post on HoP much though...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Yea, the guy from Port Aux Basque will be coming to St. John's for a swimming competition in... april I think. I always tell him to drop into juggling when he's in town.

He didn't make it to halifax last year, I hope he does this year though. It's the only time I ever see him.

Melissa, there are plenty of Poi-ers around, but they're all anti-social :P. Kris from Trouble Bound studios does poi.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Saskeahmember
43 posts

Posted:
Corinne, I just sent you an Email. I'm sorry that it took so long to get around to that. I've been extraordinarily busy lately.

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
I'm another lonely canadian poi spinner out here on the west coast....to bad it's a VERY long drive to Newfoundland! frown
"Good move Stacey" "Thanks Stacey..."

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off