Forums > Social Chat > What has happened to HoP?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Whats happened to my faveorite website?

People biting off each others heads and being rude to each other?

Being upset when there is a new game?

What is wrong w/ everyone? Noone is acting how they used to.

WHATS UP?! DID I MISS SOMETHING?!

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
hey you used to be a newbie you dare touch/hurt them and you will see why everyone thinks hop has gotten bad!!!! angry

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
DA I think it was a joke hun. Take a deep breath and then give us a hug smile hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
umm

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Praps the use of a wink at the end of Geoffrons last post would have further shown fact that he was being sarcastic...

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
it was blatant sarcasm though, so no wink needed!! haha

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i think everyone needs to chill out a little, huh?

no more noob bashing, or stuff that is likely to annoy people.

hell, we might even get something out of this...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
You say things have changed....... well take a look [Old link] Remebering to note the date on it, take a look at the last comment in this intro thread....... Nothings changed ubblol

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
*hugs Skulduggery* okies

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys - cool it! There is nothing wrong with HoP!!!

Really isn't! I'm convinced NOW!

It's winter in the northern hemisphere and as the dominant HoPper is a white, 25 yr., Pommie - shrug what ya expect?
Besides: it's not HoP - it's the social forum wink

*ducks from the incoming shoes* ouch! - too late footinmouth

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Wat?? No noob hunting? man, I just got kitted up as well ubblol

I'll take the stink bombs back then frown

(all jokes btw wink )

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I tell ya - it's the

lack of light,
cold,
little opportunity to spin or be outside,
alcoholic environment,
being confined on a foggy, rainy island...

- maybe check the "hostility" threads (dates)...

This time, people might even be frustrated they can't keep their new years resolutions (already)... get into a :rant: for little to no reason... wink when they should have to study for their examns...

shrug

I find HoP a nice place in general... nothing really happened meditate biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
true Tom, I'm so fed up of the English weather I could murder every noob!!
Hehehehe, just kidding, although I do like the term "noob". It reminds me of "moobs" (man boobs).

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I think a bunch of you are just enjoying complaining right now. I, along with several others in this thread, have offered a lot of constuctive ways forward, but there has been barely any discussion of them... just more whining.

So, let me spell it out: Okay, we recognise that there is a small behavioural problem within some of the forums of late... so, let's do what we need to do to make things nicer around here, okay?

End of discussion.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by: flash fire

So, let me spell it out: Okay, we recognise that there is a small behavioural problem within some of the forums of late... so, let's do what we need to do to make things nicer around here, okay?

End of discussion.

Has the level of sarcasm increased in recent months? I don't know if it has or not...

I reckon if we kept the sarcasm lower, we might have more genuine discussions...and less in jokes... shrug

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
no-one liked change, it got too samey, thats why i havnt been on here for so long

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I wonder whats happening occassionally, then I look at my feet, and starting wondering, I wodner why we have 10 toes, then i start talking to them, only they dont talk back....no.....they dont talk back

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I wonder whats happening occassionally, then I look at my feet, and starting wondering, I wonder why we have 10 toes, then i start talking to them, only they dont talk back....no.....they dont talk back

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Umm, I think if everyone mentally made a note before replying to anything that, so long as it doesn't violate the rules, people can say whatever they want, it's their right.

If you don't like it, you're not required to post. If you do want to disagree, do it politely and with as little sarcasm as possible.

I know if someone says something and I think "What the hell?" then I can write posts that reflect that attitude. Despite my strongest disagreement, I always try my best to phrase such posts politely. Maybe strive to attack the opinion, not the person.

And if someone disagrees with you, keep your cool and reply calmly, coherently and politely. They're allowed to have a different opinion.

That's what I think, anyway... smile

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I agree, nicely said Sethis! smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

You say things have changed....... well take a look [Old link] Remebering to note the date on it, take a look at the last comment in this intro thread....... Nothings changed ubblol

Ok but maybe you should read the rest of the thread and take into account that some people change their user names... wink hug

Written by: Kyrian

NYC, you still owe me to tell me where to find trance.

He still owes me a chicken. It's been 4 years now. I'm starting to think he was joking...

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Written by: Skulduggery

rahahhahaha! I remember contacting that user and asking her to change it from Rancid Bitch to something more appropriate. Was that you skully?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
HoP wins. Seriously.

Some people take the internet too seriously. It's all wikipedia's fault.

Wiki "serious business" wink

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol No hun it wasn't me. I was kind of using it as an example of peoples sarcasm, but nevermind.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Sometimes people forget that being over the internet and the fact that we can't hear the tone that someone is really using when they are trying to communicate that we may be crossing our wires....

When someone types something meaning it to be some constructive wording it may come across as very nasty....

Maybe before getting nasty with people we should make sure they weren't just trying to be helpful instead of mean....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
pats Medusas bottom

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Now gnor...I took offense to that bottom pat!

That's sexual harrassment....I dobbing on you!

wink

No seriously though guys, hostility is part of everyday life. I know there has been a couple of times that I have said something not just on here but also in real life and people have taken it the wrong way.

I too have been guilty of jumping on someone thinking they were being mean when they were only trying to be helpful the problem is that because we are an internet community we can never truly be aware of what context someone is saying something or what tone they are trying to use.

I really think that before you get upset because you think someone is attacking yo, you may want to check it out with that person...PM them. That may also stop little "I'm ganging up on you" type discussions.

If you can clear something that may be just a simple misunderstanding up via PM instead of going at it on the boards where everyone can see it then wouldn't that be nicer for everyone invovled.

I am sure, as someone who has been misunderstood before, that it is not that pleasant for the person who thinks they are being nice and helpful to suddenyl find a type of message after theirs saying something along the lines of "well fire truck you". That is how the hostilities start.

I'm rambling...sorry.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I really think every person has a different experience on HoP. That experience can become more or less confrontational depending on what conversations you chose to take part in.

I don't think it's always fair to say "HoP has become so.." just because the threads that you hang out on have "become so.."

As an experienced user, it becomes easier to predict what threads will turn into what. Sometimes I'm in the mood for passionate political discussion, sometimes I'm in the mood for artificial warm and fuzzies.

If you're getting caught up with nasty people then change what threads you're posting on. This is a big enough community to have many specific sub communities with many different vibes.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

sometimes I'm in the mood for artificial warm and fuzzies.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the artificial-ness to all that. Having said that, nothing beats a good e-hug with a stranger... umm

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
HoP is great because it has people like NYC, Skully, the mods, OWD and all the newbs to make it that way...

And of course, mad Scottish ladies who post things like this to make us all smile:

"No seriously thou, what other joy can you get out of life apart from ruthlessly taking the piss out of newbies? They learn everything so fast, (mostly cos you taught them) that the only pleasure you have left (cos the glamour of your skillz has left your ego an empty shell) is rampantly abusing them?"

ubblol ubblol ubblol

Getting to the other side smile

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
haha, I know who said that. and I like her too.

NYC + FRD, I wouldn't say it's all artificial though. Maybe it's just me but I'm all over people in real life like I am online.

tongue

I know it's different for other people. But the only thing I really hear about a difference in my online vs real life self is people thought I'd be taller in real life ubblol

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Page: