Page:
KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well N8 started the movie topic rolling and I thought I would continue and askWhat's your favourite reading literature?Favorite book?Favorite Author?The book I have most read is Wuthering Heights, 15 times to date. I was also lucky to have this as the novel we studied for my leaving certificate and had already read it 5 times before we started studying it, although I have only read it once since I finished my secondary school exams.My favourite author at the moment is Haruki Murakami (Wild Sheep Chase, Norwgian Wood).For relaxing before bed time with a big cup of cocoa it has to be Marion Keyes (Rachel's Holiday, Lucy Sullivan is getting married)And for transporting myself to a different world, The Lord of the Rings triology.(Can't wait for the film!)My favourite series of books are the 'Weetzie Bat Books by Francesca Lia Block.I think one of the most overrated books ever is Naked Lunch. Compare this with another drugged out book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, there is just no comparisonSo what are your likes and dislikes??------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Super!!!! No way.....I love comics! My friend Chris writes them and I spin at conventions when he works them!!! That and I write articles for an online comic e-mag. Also I have a story that is going to be turned into a graphic tale (once I can find the *right* artist wink).I have an interesting and ecclectic collection really. Though my heart broke when Marvel just discontinued the Gambit line through melding his storyline with Bishop's (I love Gambit too much!).I have Buffy (I have the gold editions), to the Shadow Hunter Series (very cool) but my all time fav is Kabuki. Hard to find but really great art and amazing stories!!!!! Not much of a DC fan >Pele kneels waiting for oncoming flogging<. I love the graphic edition of Interview with a Vamp too. Nicely done. Oh...and who could deny O'Barr and the Crow series? Very nice and emotionally wrenching.Hehehe..happy to see another "fan".------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
O'barr fan huh?? i have a first printing of the trade paperback of "The Crow" signed by O'barr himself..plus a couple of comic boards with his original art on them..Plus when the movie hit, i have a crow bandana, and a Brandon Lee poster that was very hard to come by that he signed..He is a very disturbed individual..The poster is of B.Lee walking throught the church doors, hes in the center walking. It looks like just a big white stripe down the middle of a black background with him in the middle. Very hard to find this poster with "NO" writing.. It doesnt have the name of the movie, credits, or anything. The more seen poster says "The Crow" in red letters at the bottom.The only DC titles i read are (DUH)Superman, Batman, and anything that includes Alex Ross....he is God!I am an Avid & religious Wolverine reader. I use to read alot Valiant titles untill they went under. I use to big on Web Head, but that fell off for a while. Ill check it out after it gets ito this whole revamping trend that is hitting everything.I love independant titles. Death Dealer was a good one written by Glen Danzig (yes the Heavy metal guy)I read Preacher for a while, and The Maxx was my fav, untill Sam Keith pulled it.Super'...------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Cool!The batman and x-men comics rock. The comics I grew up reading were Bunty, Mandy,Judy, The Beano, Beezer and Dandy. (I guess only people in the U.K and Ireland know these!).

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Page: