Forums > Social Chat > 'Many Lives, Many Masters'

Login/Join to Participate

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I like to read, and my latest book is about Reincarnation;
"Many lives, Many Masters" by Brian L. Weiss. (Great Book!!)
Anyways, I think 'The Good Book' is missing some pages. It is said that around 325 A.D. the Roman Emperor Constantine, along with his mother Helena, had Deleted references to Reincarnation, contained in the Bible.

I believe that we are Evolving Spirits. What we don't learn in this lifetime, we will come back to in the next.

I just wanted to know what people thought about this?

~Fire Spirit

[ 07. December 2002, 13:28: Message edited by: FireSpirit ]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
WOW, that book is written in over 50 languages........I'm going to look up stuff about that censorship conspiracy. cool

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I'll definately have to check that out. It sounds like a really good read.

I always thought that the Bible totally supported the idea of reincarnation anyway (it just didn't exactly come out and say it). Particularly in revalation. The whole thing about all souls who ever lived rising before god in the end times to be judged.

It seemed to me that it would be much more difficult to raise the bodies of people who have been dead for thousands and thousands of years than to simply put their souls into to new bodies. And considering that there are more people on earth right now than in it's entire history...... well.

Jesus helps me trick people.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Well I know there is more folks on earth than ever, but thats where soul mates come in to play. I feel we shair the same life force as another human somewhere. Your double, or your soul mate.

I know this sounds strange and Way Out There but, sometimes i feel some folks are just from another planet. Maby there is some intergalactic soul swap when we die?

Anyways sometimes I feel like a native american warrior, who has been reincarnated into a white man to see and live the other side.

Does that sound Loco?

Give me your thoughts on Life after Death.

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Great thread Fire Spirit

I don't think you're at all, lol. Some people just have something about them that sets them apart. Think David Blaine for example. Love him or loath him, you have to admire his spirit. The tasks he sets himself are phenomenal in our current world, and a wonderful inspiration. Ok maybe it's stuff Yogi's and ascetics have been doing for centuries, but how often do we take time out to think about what we really can achieve within ourselves? You can't really ignore someone standing for 36 hours straight on a massive pole in the centre of a crowded city. I think the soul twin thing is interesting too... anything is possible. But do "soul twins" differ from "soul mates"? I dunno

I'm into the whole re-incarnation theory as well. It seems to make so much sense and has always rang true with me.

Recently i've been through many reiki (energy healing) sessions to try and clear myself of a terrible unknown weight that i feel has held me down for nearly my whole life. The woman i go to is wonderful, and also very clairvoient. Every single session was different. In one particular session though, the pain was unbearable; i was crushed by sadness and separation. In the clearing that followed i was a state and ended up having nearly a week off work because of it. I couldn't even see anyone, i just had to be alone. The next time my reiki teacher started to receive information about a past life that was causing this blockage. As she described it i could see it all. I even had to ask her to go back so i could question her about something i had seen, which she confirmed was true. Suddenly it all made sense. As it happens I was murdered, but didn't feel any great anger about it, it's just the way it was.

Now that has cleared and i'm the happiest i've been in such a long time. It gives me so much joy to think about the blessings and wonders of this world that we each are given. Whether what i saw during that healing is "the truth" or not, (i know many of you have very different views on this subject) it really doesn't matter because the intention to heal (from myself and the healer) and the healing itself brought about the exact change i needed. The results often speak for themselves. I could waffle on for hours on this one, but i think i'll have a cuppa instead

Look forward to hearing all of your mysteries and revelations guys

Namaste

[ 08. December 2002, 00:42: Message edited by: flowingchalice ]

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Great Reply Namaste!!!
I have never made a distinction between soul twins and soul mates. Thats an interesting piont!

If you where murderd in a past life you should definitly Read "Many Lives, Many Masters!" This woman has all of these symtoms of severe fears and anxieties and doesn't know why. Only under hypnosis does her past lives come out and she finds powers she didn't know she had.
Its a fantastic book you should look into Namaste.

As for reiki, I love it! I had it done when I broke my leg, and it was heald in 1/2 the time!(with many sesions of course)
I am a big believer in touch healling! Although I once got brudly sick from a woman who didn't know what she was doing, and unlocked a major block. It was not fun, I was going through a lot at the time, and she should have gone a lot slower with me.

Past Lives Any one?

~fire spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I read that book about two years ago. The ideas and possibilities I found within that one book helped to make a good change.
Brian Wiess is an interesting man.

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

alix_r2002member
12 posts

Posted:
The Romans are not the first and I'm sure they won't be the last to be "accused" of modifying history to control or encourage poeple to see things thier way. It's a shame we cannot know an accurate account of things past and are left to personal interpretations of incomplete and many times over modified ideals. I'm not sure what to think about an afterlife or reincarnation, but I do believe that our best model for morality is nature and the interaction between the other things that live here.

I sought advice and cooperation from all, but not permission...

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Ah Yes, The Golden Rule. True everything should be treated with respect, and love.
We can learn a lot from our Enviornment.
I wonder if human spirit can become plant spirit?

I can see there where so many Trees long ago, and when they where cut down, some of the tree spirits became human. Hence so many humans today.
What do you think?
Do you think you could have been a tree?

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
quote:

I can see there where so many Trees long ago, and when they where cut down, some of the tree spirits became human. Hence so many humans today.
[/QB]
wow FireSpirit when you impress language like this it makes my heart chakra open suddenly and like anti-gravity of falling petals, those petals that were once in bloom float up to my sense-sense eye to re-scatter pattern of a new one....and in that eternity for me to remember

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Wow FireProof, I didn't think I would get a responce like that one! I have been blocked for so long now in my relationship, that it is always nice to remember how soft and delicet the pettles are of the heart. I feel sometimes like mine has grown thorns. As a result the rest of my chakra are alittle off to one side or another.
O-well It is only for another few months. Next summer I will be as free as the Hawk/Falcon I am. Free to fly where I will, but I am bedded down for the winter now. However, the Fire still Burns inside.

What about anyone elts. Thoughts on Past lives, Reincarnation, Spirit Life?

~FS

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
Recently i've been through many reiki (energy healing) sessions to try and clear myself of a terrible unknown weight that i feel has held me down for nearly my whole life.
If you like reiki this is awesome
Etheric clearings

It is in the same vein as reiki, but much more involved. It deals with actually repairing chakras and repairing the proper flow of chi through the body. If you've ever read the bood 'the mutant message' it is very similer to some of the healing that goes on in that book.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Anybody can say that something has been deleated if the original author isnt around to say anything about it.

I am not a believer in reencarnation, I think that the belief in it is an escape from doing the right thing. "If I screw up this time I can always come back." type ideals, or repeat untill you learn something truely amazing, ideas I dont agree with and honestly cant fathome how someone can truly and undeniably believe in it.

I dont mean to harp on anyones beliefs, I can see how it is hard to believe what I do. It all comes down to faith. Though I may think reencarnation is fasle it doesnt mean that someone cant have faith in it. In the same way, just because someone doesnt believe in what I do doesnt mean that I dont have faith in it.

I still love my favorite phrase in the world, "... In the end, all that matters is who you know."

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
I can see where you are comming from my friend, Many people do not believe in reincarnation.
I don't think However "that the belief in it is an escape from doing the right thing. "If I screw up this time I can always come back." "

I think it is an evolution. Your spirit grows and learns from its mistakes, if not it will be in a ciycle for the rest of eternity, comming back to the same expiriance, in diffrent examples.
You can see this in every day life. If you don't learn from one experiance, it will always come around a second time. The Great Spirit or God likes to question you, give you tasks inwhich if you pass you move on, if you fail you come to it again in the course of your lifetime.
I don't think it is an 'escape' from anything, I feel it is Learning, and Learning is the hardest thing one can do in their lifetime.

As for Reiki;
Thanks for the energy flow SikPup, I will direct it towards that sight. I love energy movement!

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Where does the cycle end? I mean how does one learn enough to die, if they were that smart I would think that they would come up with a way to become immortale.

Thank you for not taking offence as none was intended.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
I feel the soul is immortal.
Our body is just a vehicle for us while we are here. It is our soul and our spirit that last forever, constantly growing with every experiance. That is what Intuition is, I feel that Past life experiances teach us through intuition.
I think you should check out the book Raymond, maybe it would clear up some questions for you.
It is at any Library, and it is an easy read.

'Many Lives, Many Masters' By, Brian L. Weiss

~Fire Spirit

Any one elts, Tell me your

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

180 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link SP What I want to do is combine reiki and this sort of etheric healing with all sorts of other stuff. Kind of blend them into a fine symphony depending on what's needed in that moment. There's so much out there... *mind boggles and threatens to explode all over firespirit's carpet.... *

Originally posted by SickpuPpy:
It is in the same vein as reiki, but much more involved. It deals with actually repairing chakras and repairing the proper flow of chi through the body.

For me, one of the most amazing well known healers around today is Barbara Ann Brennan. She follows this line of thought and is extremely skilled in etheric/spiritual healing. She was working for NASA as a physicist, then turned to healing. Because of her scientific background she understands the growing need for scientific evidence in the field. When something is medically proven to be taking place in a controlled environment, it's far more accepted than if someone just says - "i'm into healing because it just works!". I think Mr Phule would agree on this one

Some of us don't necessarily feel the need to look into that proof, we follow as we feel and are guided. However the research is so valuable if we are to bridge the current gulf between coventional medicine and complementary healing. This can only be a good thing. The more energy healing is understood, the better integrated it can be into our modern culture. There are a LOT of con-artists that claim to be healers and talk a load of s*it. I've come across a few and it saddens me that they're doing it for all the wrong reasons, cashing in on people's vulnerability, and giving genuine healers a bad image

Sorry if i'm going a bit off track here

Here's the link to her site anyway, if you want to check it out. barbara brennan's site!
Her books are truely inspiring if you want to go into a lot of detail.

Right, i'll be back in here soon & on topic, when i've had a wee muse! I get side tracked in these convo's soo easily cos it's all so darn interesting... now where did i lay my hat?

[ 11. December 2002, 09:52: Message edited by: flowingchalice ]

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Have a look at Tao Ray and you will find some interesting theories.

Not that I want to 'convert' you! I think it would be interesting for you to see that perspective. It raises new questions and its not about all the 'spiritual' stuff all the time. Most of it is about letting go and seeing what is in front of you.

Good luck to all on these our travels,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

180 posts

Posted:
Hi Drome

Would love to look into Tao Ray... i put it in google and all i got was a lot of Ray Grigg tao sites... is this the same thing? I'm assuming he's an author or something Let me know if i'm on the right track!

Many thanks

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
For the benifet of Mr. Phule let me explain the hindu belief of reincarnation.

In the old hindu social structure (maybe the present one as well, I am not well versed on modern India) there was no way to trancend the social class that you were born in. They believe that you are put where you are because of the karma that you accumulated in your past life(s). They believe that you begin your journey as a pesent and through several lives of good living and just action you will be born into royalty. The end result of reincarnation is to attain 'Moksha' which is when you have become spiritually pure enough to let go of karma altogether and your life energy gets dispursed through the universe and you become one with all things.

It's basicly the same in Bhuddism (as Bhuddism takes its roots from the Hindu religion, just with out all the deities). As Bhuddism was created as a spiritual escape from the suffering of this mortal coil, the Bhuddist lives his life(s) in search of nothingness as the ultimate inlightenment.

Reincarntion is not an excuse to be a bad person. It's not supposed to be some moral scapegoat, just as the teachings of christ were never meant to be a weapon against fellow humans or an excuse for war. Any one who uses thier belief in reincarnation as an excuse to backslide morally, or to screw up thier life is not only completely missing the point, but is a giant idiot as well.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
flowing chalice, I think drome meant the Tao Te Ching, written by Lao Tze, and that Ray should have a look at it

I love the Tao Te Ching, inspirational piece of work. Very alchemical.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Thank you Sickpup!!
I loved your lesson in both Hindu, and Buddist culturs. Reicarnation IS all about Karma, But also about Evolution as well. Like you said:
"They believe that you begin your journey as a pesent and through several lives of good living and just action you will be born into royalty. The end result of reincarnation is to attain 'Moksha' which is when you have become spiritually pure enough to let go of karma altogether and your life energy gets dispursed through the universe and you become one with all things."
We all start off at the same place somewhere in time, and each Soul or spirit grows and learns through experiances in Many Life Times. Many spirits are a bit slow at learning, and some are fast, Some are farly new spirits and then you have the old and wise spirits.
I think I am somewhere in the middle. A fortune teller once told me that I was a spirit of about 14? Farly young, my Mother who is intune with the cosmos more than I, said I was alot older spirit. Me, Myself think I am who I am now at 23.

Anyways thanks for the lesson.

flowingchalice, It sounds like you into some Really Cool Stuff!! I grew up in a community of natural healers. It is all very powerful energy! I am so happy to see people put their healing sites on this thread. I checked out the one Sick pup put on and Loved it. And Thank you for barbara brennan's site! I will be lookin at that next! Drom I will Check out Tao Ray, Im always lookin for some interesting theories!

Thank you all, and I await to hear from you.

What does any one elts think of Past lives?

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It seemed to me whilest I was studying it that the social structure theory of karma was backward, as the royalty tended to be more childish, more demanding, and less caring and understanding of people and the world at large. The lower classes, on the otherhand, tend to produce the smarter, more compassionate people. I thought perhaps that you would start out at royalty as a sort of spiritual infancy and work your way through the BS into your spiritual adulthood. But maybe it's just me.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Maybe the folks in the lower classes needed Spirituality more than the Royalty? Therefore with Faith and Hope in the lower classes, they exelerated in Spiritual Growth faster. (in that theory) I don't know?

Anyway I read this last night:
"You know the way. We do not have to tell you. It will be to no avail, for we all reach the same level, and they will see. We are all the same. One is no greater than the next. And all of this is just lessons.... and punishments."

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

180 posts

Posted:
DOH! Of course Drome was refering to Ray Silly chalice!

Another excellent book is - "And now, and here" by Osho. He was a mystic that didn't believe in any religion, but saw the truth in all things. His words are inspiring, and he has some amazing concepts about reincarnation relating to the teachers/saints and monsters of the world, past, present and future. Well worth a read

Will definitely be getting that book - "many lives, many masters" soon as i can cos i haven't read a book like that in ages.

Another mind bender is "The Tibetan book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche. Based on the traditional "Tibetan book of the dead", it gives westerners a real insight into the culture and energy of Buddism. Not light reading, but worth a look anyway. It always changes me every time i read it, and i always have to prepare myself for the consequences of it's wisdom, lol. (i end up wanting to run away to a retreat somewhere to meditate with a true master.) Not where i should be in this lifetime though, me thinks.

love and light ~dancing~