twistedmember
12 posts

Posted:
Is any one in here with or noes any "hippy" protest/organizations.I basically wanna go live in a wood in the middle of nowere with a vw camper and a bottle of parafin BUT i need to no of somewere were i can meet like minded people that care about i dunno everything from trees to human rights .plz someone write back coz i have been looking for about a 3 months now and have had no luck.if not does any one no were i can fing any info on it
miss twist

when the wheeles of life are burning , stear them in to hell and let them turn to dust

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I have a 1979 Toyota Chinnok Camper that would love to stay in a Commun of Hippy Fire Spinners this summer!!

I can't stand Bush!! I would like to hide in the woods of Canada, so when he decides to blow up the world, i won't be a part of it.

If you hear of any? Im in! !

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Twisted,

I know you're new here, so mind if I give you a hint?

When you name a thread, don't name it "PLEASE READ" or anything else ambiguous. We have an unwritten agreement here that threads like that are reserved for true emergencies.

Instead, name your thread something that has to do with the contents of the thread. So in this case, "Anyone know of any hippie communes?" would be an appropriate title.

Like I say, we understand you're new here, so totally don't sweat it. But just thought I'd let you know.

(BTW, if you like, you can edit the title of your post by choosing the "edit" function [looks like a pen and paper] above your first post.)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hi there, the best way to find like minded souls is to get out there on the road and you'll find them hiding down droves, in laybys and behind copses of oak trees etc.

There is a huge traveller site around Corby, Northants. There are always travellers around Glastonbury. But if it's protest sites you're after most of them won't take vehicle dwelling travellers, what with being anti road/fossil fuels and all that.

You could do a search for the nine ladies anti quarry campain (derbyshire)on your search engine they always welcome protesters joining their ranks, especially at this time of year when it gets thin on the ground. Alternatively check out One Eye on the Road website for links to traveller stuff.

Good luck. Happy rambling.

BTW if you want any helpful tips about life on the road please don't hesitate to ask me/pm me or email me.

*Edit.... Mike where have you been for the last 33 years, no one calls them 'hippy communes' any more A better title would be 'where are all the traveller sites?'

[ 07. December 2002, 13:05: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Yeah groovy... hug a rainbow...

But really, heres alot of tree hugging hippies down at Byron bay, Australia... don't know if that helps... and I'm really not sure of a web site... as hippies don't like technology...

See-ya

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I think the whole communal living thing needs to be a gradual education for the newly inducted. I don't think it would be easy coming in from pure society and understanding/being able to tolerate the hippy lifestyle without first involving oneself in the more superficial aspects of such things.

The reason why communes don't have billboards advertising their whereabouts is because, aside from wanting privacy and an alternative lifestyle, I'd say the last thing they want to become is a haven for tinsel hippies ....

it's totally immersive and is a right of passage in itself. I think that a person needs to weave their way into a community - not just arrive on the doorstep with a Hi I'm here!

Start small, get involved then share your life with them .

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Thats a Great point Flash Fire!

I was just going to get into my camper and go!
My Westward Serch for FireSpinners.
I know if i ask for nothing but the best! I shall recieve it.
I just have to remember; Absolute vulnerablity, is Absolute protection, and just do it.
The people who i need to come into contact with Will come to me.
I was just thinking maby there was a fire comunity alredy out there I could find through HOP.
~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Perhaps a good place to begin is with the Rainbow Family I'm sure they are a great leverage point for smaller communities....

Arsn is right too - internet connectivity is probably less a priority for the people you are seeking.

love n light!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Twisted, what I am about to say might offend some but let it be known I dont mean to. I only wish to give a reality check.

As much as I fantisise about living off the land (LOTR style), I can not help but force myself to remember that that kind of lifestyle is not easy. I am not going to tell you not to do it, in fact I encourage you to live your life how you feel comfertable, but remember it will not be easy.

You might find eating and buying things hard. Unfortunatly the world revolves around money. You might not be accepted by the outside world, thus making things hard on you from friends and family.

I really cant think of anything to say right now but I beg of you, think things through before doing them. Taking an extra few minutes a day to think things over is never ever a bad idea. Dont rush into this.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Twisted try Nine Ladies Protest

they're a nice bunch of people and a good cause to boot.

Plus take note of what Mistress Thistle tells you. She really does know what she's talking about.

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
you might find this one useful as well

wherever you go, there you are.

twistedmember
12 posts

Posted:
thank u all so mush and i would like to say no one has ofended me as any critism is good as it does remind me of the real world
.....mayb i am liveing in abit of a dreem world thank u

when the wheeles of life are burning , stear them in to hell and let them turn to dust

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
If it is a dream world you are living in then there are thousands of people living the same dream as you When I've lived in the woods, the mountains or on the beach in my caravan and truck it seemed pretty real to me

Follow your beautiful dreams beautiful. Nothing is unobtainable

Are we nearly there yet?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Dont give up on your dreams! Never ever give up on them.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Have a search through the huge database of links/organiser details on Guilfin. There's contact details of over 4000 organisations for music, human rights, animal rights, environmentalism and that kind of thing, mainly in the UK. For instance a search for travellers gives This page

Plus I have on good authority that the webmaster is a very nice young man.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
hello there twisted...

What appears to be something might not be that thing. I hope that someone understands why I say that.

It took me 3-4 years to find what I can vaguely call 'like-minded' people. Its not that hard so long as you are sure what you are looking for. I just recommend you dont go into this blind. Its an important descision which you have already made. Are you sure about your motives and wishes?!

You should ask around and check out the squatting, commune, and co-op (cooperatives) situation in your country if you want to ge into the kind of situation you described.

Choose your path wisely. Once you get what you want you might not be wanting what you get.

Love and hugs,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Arsn:
Yeah groovy... hug a rainbow...

Good luck on your search.
Your always welcome to live in my shed if thats any help?????
LOL
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
You have a vancant shed?

There's an incentive to come and visit you

Are we nearly there yet?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
All of my friends that live on the road have jsut migrated to Portugal as they recieve too much abuse and prejudice for trying to live the way that they would like... this summer alone - they have had brake cables cut - diesel syphoned out (wrecks the engine in diesels aparently) windows broken, dogs poisoned.. Its a hard life in this country especially if you have no 'family' living with you..BUT if you manage to find a community that accept you into their family - you will have a wail of a time - I lived on the Droves in Glastonbury for aout 6 months when I was 18 or 19.. fantastic time of my life. getting money to eat is pretty hard - I didn't want any help from the government so I didn't sign on with NFA (No Fixed Abode) as many of my 'family' had done.. But busking for American tourists at teh Tor was pretty good - and I'm sure a few of them still have my dream catchers I made out of willow somewhere!

Good luck - and if you want any leads for sites round Surrey PM me..

Hugs and spoons..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Thistle:
You have a vancant shed?

There's an incentive to come and visit you

Thistle, you are always welcome to come and visit me
But i could not have a classy young lady like yourself staying in my shed!!!!!
You could have the house and i'll have the shed I do luv me shed!!!!! *It's a bloke thing*
LOL
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Twisted, what country are you in at the moment?

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
I think what you mean is 'what state' are you in?

[ 10. December 2002, 17:14: Message edited by: FireSpirit ]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

twistedmember
12 posts

Posted:
wow thanks for all ur shit and to whoeva asked me were im living well im living in hertfordshire uk ermmm trippy can i stay in ur shed and mayb we can do stuff lol........... thanks again for all the replys miss twist