Forums > Social Chat > An injection of happiness into HOP!

Login/Join to Participate

Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
Please answer the following:

1. I love being me because......

2. I love my friends on HOP because.....

3. I love going to HOP because.........

4. 3 things I love about December are:

5. HOP is important because......

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because......

7. My favorite toy is........

8. because.......

XxSpiral_ko

Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
1. I love being me because I would never trade in the people I have surrounded myself with.

2. I love my friends on HOP because they are multi-cultural, multi-dimentional freaks, just like me.

3. I love going to HOP because people are always talking about things I'm interested in.

4. 3 things I love about December are: xmas music, fluffy snow, holidays!

5. HOP is important because without it I would have never improved my poi!

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because I will be going to India on a trip I won!

7. My favorite toy is my poi.

8. because I like to swing them, swing them, I like to swing them swing them.....SWING THEM!

XxSpiral_ko

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I have a wonderful life, a beautiful outlook and a respect and love that I never ever want to lose
They are lovely - they have taught me about life and about myself and some of them have become very important to me.
I feel as if HOP likes me visiting.
Cold frosty mornings, everyone being all festive and happy, My family getting together for Christmas.
we all make it special.
I get to spend it with my love.
C@ntus
8. because.......
well....do you really want me to answer this one?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
1. I love being me because nobody else could ever do the job with quite the flair that I do it with.

2. I love my friends on HOP because nobody else could ever do the job with quite the flair that they do it with

3. I love going to HOP because I feel at home here.

4. 3 things I love about December are: 1) a break from school, 2) snow (when it happens) 3) looking forward to the start of a new year with a clean slate.

5. HOP is important because it allows people who would never meet otherwise to become great friends. I've got friends all over the world because of HOP!

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because it brings me a year closer to graduating.

7. My favorite toy is *picking mind out of the gutter before I get censored * my fire pois!

8. because that's what I'm best at.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I've got some wonderful friends and am having a rather wonderful time of it all at the moment
They laugh, they teach, they rebuke - but they're always there
Otherwise this broadband connection would be waster
# You get to wear scarves and not be laughed at
# See everyone who's been away (Uni, traveling etc.)
# It means it's nearly new Year!
it enables so many people to come together, not only on the web but at Gatherings
It has a summer in it
errr - at the moment my Contact balls or my(ish) UV light
8. because.......
The balls are so darn addictive and pretty - and the light is so darn addictive and pretty

My what a happy thread

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
1. I love being me because I am a kind, friendly, compassionate, caring individual and I'm the kind of person I'd like to meet.

2. I love my friends on HOP because they understand that my fixation with fire is not weird, it's normal.

3. I love going to HOP because It's like coming home after a long trip away.

4. 3 things I love about December are: I can't think of anything I love about December particularly, sorry

5. HOP is important because We can meet others from all over the world online, and then in person, who share our love of twirling

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because I am going to Canada.

7. My favourite toy is firechains

8. because of the woosh woosh noise when I spin them.

[ 07. December 2002, 05:54: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Great thread, just what we need...

Please answer the following:

1. I love being me because of all the wondeful people whose influence has made me the man I am today...

2. I love my friends on HOP. nuff said really...

3. I love going to HOP because it's amazing to find a place where most people undertsand what the hell i'm talkin about

4. 3 things I love about December are: Ramadan is now over, there is tons of work for performers like me, December 2002 was when when our 12 week baby was givena clean bill of health on after the scan

5. HOP is important because of all of you!

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because of a whole pile of reasons, including 31st May (baby's due date)

7. My favorite toy is any one of my unicycles.

8. because after taking six months to learn to ride, there is no way I'm going to stop...

Charles

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
1. I love being me because I can make people laugh.

2. I love my friends on HOP because they are always there to talk

3. I love going to HOP because I feel so completely welcome

family
food
fatty tube socks

5. HOP is important because it keeps people like me off the streets.

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because I will being seeing a lot of very special people, one in particular.

7. My favorite toy is my double staves

8. because I still have no idea what to do with them and that presents a challenge

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
answers 1-6: because

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
1. I love being me because I haven't really any skills for being any one else.

2. I love my friends on HOP because they seem to like me and accept me for who i am. Some of them even seem to value my opinions.

3. I love going to HOP because it offers respite from the scarities (C@ntusism) of the real world.

4. 3 things I love about December are:It's only a month til my birfdayI get to hang out with hundreds of people dressed in blueIt ends with another excuse to shower gifts on the girl i love.5. HOP is important because it's the place i met, not only all my closest friends, but also my soul mate/future wife/napalm fairy.
6. I am looking forward to 2003 because I get to spend loads more time with my sweetie

7. My favorite toy is my Fluffy one

8. because she is.

[ 09. December 2002, 04:54: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
1) i love being me because of who my friends are

2) i wish i had friends on hop to love, ive never met anyone from here

3) i love going to hop because it is the best site ive ever seen on the internet and i have gotten into the routine to end up here after i check my emails

4)3 things i love about december are: snowboarding, christmas, and new years eve

5)hop is important cuz it entertains, teaches, and "house" over 3 thousand people

6)i am looking forward to 2003 cuz im going to smoke a phat blunt on the first 420 of the year.

7) my favorite toy is, my skateboard, but when its wet out the rubix cube, only resently though cuz i figured it out

8) cuz it chalenges the brain, and its just one more puzzle i can do that most people cant

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
good call with this thread spiral_ko

1. I love being me because......i havent the choice really! though i like the fact that i i wasnt me i may not have met the beautifull ppl and made the freinds i have

2. I love my friends on HOP because.....theyre all beautifull ppl, simply enough

3. I love going to HOP because.........it makes me smile to be able to be aprt of its community and talk to those that mean a lots to me online, to share points of view about things id never normally discuss with others. to mention something and know im getting an honest reply, whether its what i want to hear or not, to learn about a subject that i love (namely spinning) and to learn from others and share my joy of it with all of you, thank you

4. 3 things I love about December are: snow, the way that you look outside the house and everything looks different and new in a more wintery perspective, theres only one every year! each one brings new experiances, though thats true for every month really

5. HOP is important because......becuase, because of all mentioned above, because it exists, i dunno

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because......tis a new chapter in life to explore, and hoipefully alot of things being thought about now will be concluded/resolved or continued then, aswell as the addition of new things and experiances

7. My favorite toy is........wow, hard, errm would say my ropes but humm, my poi methinks

8. because.......im starting to realise, that although im not that good on them technically im now trying to explore new variations and styles with those that i do know, therefore reappriciating the artform of spinning as well as the technicalities

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

ECCOmember
30 posts

Posted:
si:
1. i love being me because if i wasn't me i wouldnt know the people i know and they are the most important part of my life.

2. i love my friends on HOP because they are all wonderfully bizarre people and those type of people are always the best.

3. i love going to HOP because they have funky stuff for me to burn away my card with and i feel like im part of something im realy interested in which people share.

4. 3 things i love about december are the fact its cold all the time, we get holidays soon so i get a break from uni work, and i get to catch up with old friends when i go home.

5. HOP is important because its a way for likeminded ppl over the globe to come together with mutual ideas and interested for the better of everyone present.

6. i am looking forward to 2003 because it will give new challenges in life and cos i'll hopefully get to go to amsterdam on my birthday! (yay, runs around in happy circles! )

7. my favourite toy is my electroglo poi and my fire poi.

8. because they are funky and i love poi, cept my fires have a habit of setting my clothes and my beard on fire :-S. still love em tho, whats a little hair when you've got loads... lol

-~# ecco_si #~-

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i am chosen by god, i don't know what for, he hasn't told me yet!
i trust them and look for theuir advise, as they trust me, and ask for my advice
cuz the community is tru Bu (Bohemian)
cold, xmas holidays, Channuka!
its brings peeps from all over the world together, take note UN!
it will bring the one year anniversary of me and my girlfriend, my AS levels, another summer of love, Reading 2003, another year to spin through!
POI, my little lads Sinister and Dexter!
8. because.......
Much better exercise than my PS2, ther look on wasted peoples faces at clubs when i spin!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i realised why god chose me!
im one of his evolutionary experiments!
Too wierd to live, way too unique to die!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

alix_r2002member
12 posts

Posted:
when I find myself I'll let you know what I like...
I am new to HOP and hav not met anyone yet really, but I do hope to change that.
Seems to be a very chill environment.
I'm not much of a winter person...
There has to be somewhere for poeple like us to occupy our bandwidth.
Things can't get much worse, so I must be on the upswing...
I'm easily amused by many things, it's hard to pick a favorite.

I sought advice and cooperation from all, but not permission...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
1. I love being me because of the people who love me

2. I love my friends on HOP because I dont have to worry about what they actually think of me.

3. I love going to HOP because the people here are real, and true to themselves. They are not out to make themselves look better by putting others down.

4. 3 things I love about December are: 1. its the halfway point of West Pac. 2. life gets a bit more relaxed 3. the new year is just around the corner.

5. HOP is important because without it I wouldn't know the most important person in my life.

6. I am looking forward to 2003 because I have the worlds best vacation planned

7. My favorite toy is my 28" poi

8. because they just flow and they are my first fire toys

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
*bump*

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
1. well i'm trying to love myself, but it's been difficult lately. id like to be able to say "cuz im me, why else?" i'm workin on it.

2. the people i know on here are just fucking great. yay to you all. yay indeed

3. good threads. good convo, good company

4. it's one month closer to the summer again, i'm not in canada for it, it refreshes my view on how much i hate consumer-mass. *cough* sorry, christmas.

5. it brings cool people together

6. it's one year closer to the apacolypse

7. my mind

8. because...it's my mind. the possibilities are endless

orangu-funking-tan