Forums > Social Chat > Rubber light up balls...(inspired by Girl From Mars)

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
G.F. Mars said something about the MTv campus raid where they throwing out those bouncy balls that light up when they bounce...Very interesting because my friend and i were just discussing this the other day because we saw them in Toy's R Us. Essentially they only light up because they have a spring in them that touches a peice of metal when it bounces that activates the cicuit. We figured it is entirely feesible to sodder that spring to the connection point, and even attach a small switch so that it can be turned off and on.Problem one theoretically solved.Problem #2) what can we put the circuits in that would be durable enough that they wont crack?? We thought about trying to put them back in the rubber ball, but we would have to rig it in such a way we would be heading into ghetto POI.Any ideas people!!!!! Lets her'umSuper'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I have astro balls fromhttps://www.astroballs.com/they also do poi.they are great and very durable. the circuit is very tough and they do stad up to constant dropping brought on by learning. The LED don't have anything in them to break.Why don't you try speaking to them they are all really nice.You could transfer the circuit to another ball but it would be very difficult to do. Have a look on this sites article on LED circuits.hope this helpspeace out garbo tongue[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 25 April 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
ive done contact with a rubber juggling ball the glowed.It had a pretty complicated switch where if you bounced it once it turn on. bounce it again and it turns off. Fantastic bit of kit!!! tongue

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
My god .CAINED-AND-UNABLE, our men are sticking their tounges out in perfect timing. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
thanks guys...And the tongue thing is freaky...------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Geez... garbo...those astroballs are expensivEE [with 2 E's]------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff