Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I am so depressed. Saturday, November Twenty Third, I was going to do some poi. I got told not to do it lit. I made a stupid mistake and left my fuel uncovered about five or six feet away from the fire. I should have put it up, and I know that. The incedent was partially my fault. My dad, smelled it and knew it was fuel, he was stupid and poured the fuel out of the metal bucket, into the fire. It flamed back into the bucket, setting the fuel in the bucket on fire. He almost got sindged. He is now saying that I can do unlit poi, but no more fire until I move out, or at least for a few years if I stay at home that long. I am so depressed now. I'm going to miss doing it with fire, but thats the price I must pay for a stupid mistake that could have ended up fatal if anyone had accidently knocked the bucket over. Thats how life goes, much as I wish it otherwise.

and

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Ouch!

I hate to say it, but i can see your dad's point.
Thank the Gods of Fire that this lesson was not fatal...

Seems your family has some really hard luck with fire, Ash. You and your dad have my sympathy.

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
hmmmm

things will cool down as soon as this little fire has gone out. *exceptionally bad pun intended*

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I can see my dads point as well, I made a very stupid and very careless mistake. I'm just depressed that I made the mistake and must now face the consequences for it. I should have known better, and did know better. I wasn't thinking, and neither was he. Thank God it didn't explode on us. It left a little peice of the bucket behind, and I'm going to drill a hole in it, and string it on a necklace, to remind me never to do anything so F@cking stupid again.

and

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
So, he knew that it was fuel, and he dumped it on the fire, almost fucked himself up, and then took it out on you? That's freaking weak!

I mean, yeah, you shouldn't leave your fuel out by a fire coverd or uncoverd, but it sounds to me like he did something stupid and is taking it out on you.

Incidents like these are things you should mention to the therapist you're going to need in a few more years.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
On the bright side, Ash, no-one did get hurt!

Sometimes it's really good for a near-asccident to happen which makes us realise how close we were to disaster.

I realise it doens't feel like it now, but this incident may have prevented something horrible from happening later.

Maybe one of your poi-heads was due to come off, land in the guttering, and burn the whole house down?

Can I be inquisitive and ask what sort of fuel it was?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Your dad has some pretty serious issues.

NeoNshoWerSmember
34 posts

Posted:
we all make mistakes.. at least you realize you did.. in time it will all blow over and you will once again dance lit..
*takes your hands and spins you around* smiles in the mean time..
melissA

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I think your to casual about the stupidity/insanity of your father.

What you did is equivalant to forgetting to tigthen the lug nuts on a car and letting someone drive it off. Yes it's a very serious and stupid thing but it's nothing like What your dad which would equate to cutting the brake cables and telling someone to get in the car and take it for a spin.