Forums > Social Chat > Xaeda Xaeda, you alive?

Login/Join to Participate

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
hey Xaeda (assuming youre reading this....) where are you? are you still around? havent heard from you in a while. i miss those lengthy staff spinning discusions. well anyway, i doubt that youll see this but, yeah.DRAKEkatafunk@hotmail.comwww.geocities.com/katafunk

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
hello, hello!Wow, it's been a while. I only saw this message because Malcom thoughtfully sent me an email about it....thanks Malcom! Hmm, I've been awol for a very long time, I guess I have some explaining to do ;-) I'm back in Dunedin, studying hard, and I guess I just don't have the time to spend on the boards as I used to (although trust me, I'd much rather be discussing fire than Descarte!) Over summer I was flatting with friends who had a flat rate connection, and were hardly ever home.....so I took advantage of it and spent a lot of time geeking! Now using the net means walking to the varsity labs......it's a classic catch22 - when it's sunny, I don't want to be stuck in front of a computer, when it's nasty, I don't want to walk to the labs! So yeah....it's a time thing, and a hatred-of-stuffy-smelly-labs, and a trying-not-to-geek-too-much thing. I have to be careful about not spending too much time typing, as I'm really succeptible to RSI....so all my comp time ends up being spent on essays frown But, I do still check my email (jacinta@graffiti.net) every now and then, so if anyone ever wants to get in touch with me, feel free, I love receiving email (although I'm pretty bad at replying to it). Malcom - I know I still owe you some text for those videos. I'm so sorry!!! I keep remembering and then forgetting, but I promise I'll do it as soon as possible. I've been feeling kind of bad about it, since I promised I'd do it and it's been such a long time. Also I know there are a couple of people from the board who sent me lovely chatty emails that I haven't replied to either......please don't be offended, I didn't mean to snob you. Hopefully I'll get the time to reply to you soon. On the upside, things are great down here in Dunedin smile It's starting to get chilly, and we're still in a total fire ban (well, technically, stupid otago droughts), but it doesn't stop the happy fire people from meeting up every week. (Wednesdays in Woodhaugh gardens, spread the word). We're having lots of fun sharing tricks and working out new moves. My latest obsession is backward rolls with staff....oh, and I'm slowly learning to turn the staff on my feet while in a shoulder stand.....it's not working very well so far wink I've started doing yoga, and I'm trying incorporate more stylised dance movements into my firedancing. So far it just means I thud around my room a lot and annoy my flatmates. I've also made myself some swinging torches - I found a very funky woodturners in a strange little alley, and he turned some knobs for me very cheaply, so that made me happy. I'm still getting the hang of them, they're very very heavy!Ooh, a parting gem of wisdom that somebody else passed onto me......you *have* to try this!Have you ever seen those funny novelty glasses that turn things to weird spectral rainbows? Mostly they're just made of cardboard, but you can rip the lenses out and duct tape them onto cheap sunglasses or a frame made out of wire. They are *sooooo* much fun to do fire in! We went to a rave out at a remote beach a while ago, and probably one of my most beautiful memories ever is of firedancing in the shallow water as the sun rose, seeing the fire perfectly reflected in the wet sand and the sun reflected in the sea and lots of other dancers around me......with *everything* turning to rainbows! I have never seen so much colour at once. When I took the glasses off and came back to normality, reality seemed like a sepia print in comparison. Aaaaah, twas a good night smile When we got too tired to do dance, we sat round a campfire, passing the glasses around the circle and laughing at the absurdity of it (well, I was laughing, anyways......normal people would be passing joints, not glasses...). Anyways, I must be off. I'll try and pop my head in now and then, at least reading messages, even if I don't post. Have fun smilelove you all lots and lots...-Xaeda the deserter.------------------the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....[This message has been edited by xaeda (edited 30 April 2001).]

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

De_Fragmember
26 posts

Posted:
Speaking of funky color-changing glasses...the best pair I've seen are "Chanuka-cizers" or "Chanucizers" or something like that.Instead of just a cool little rainbow, they turned any pinpoint of light into a little star-of-David rainbow!!They were awesome. The idea was that, when you look at a Christmas tree with them, all of the stringed lights turn into stars of David, effectively Chanuka-cizing Christmas!Sweet.

rw

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
/sneaks in thru skylight, steals a banana and several slices of jackfruit, and opens a wormhole to the other side of the world, leaving nothing but a note that says...'bump'

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Yummy bannanas.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
/leaves a chair by an empty spot @ the HoP banquet n fills her wine glass up.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always