simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by: www.thesynergyproject.org

On Friday, February the 3rd, Synergy will once again open its doors to welcome revellers of all ages into the communal fold, presenting a diverse and creative show for which Synergy has become so renowned. Entering our 3rd year, we are proud to look back at what we, as a community, have managed to manifest in such a short time.

The Synergy Project was sparked by a desire to create events that harness the power of celebration as a means to inspire a challenge to many aspects of mainstream materialist lifestyles, not least the way we live and work together as individuals and our relationship with each other, the planet, and the wider cosmos. In our quest to achieve this, we have worked with many Non-Governmental Organizations and campaign groups, whose contributions continue to enrich these gatherings. We have also worked with a large number of very talented and inspiring individuals and organizations, who all use creativity as a means to promote sustainable and ethical living.

More recently the Synergy Community is deepening its commitment with the creation of the South London based Synergy Centre – a hub for creative and alternative thinking as well as a means of tackling social exclusion in a deprived community.

Much still lies to be achieved and as ever we are keen to learn from the past, your advice, and your participation.

We would like to thank all of you who made this journey possible so far and who continue to contribute so much. Our deepest appreciation also goes to all those who gave donations after the turmoils of the last event – thank you.

This event coming will once again see a well balanced mix of deeply uplifting trance, political films, conscious hip-hop, fairy performances, décor art, conscious photo exhibitions, live folk bands, ambient grooves and so much more.

This Synergy event will also celebrate the traditional Celtic festival of Imbolc which takes place in this time. Imbolc is held mid-way between the Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox to commemorate the passing of winter and the gradual dawning of spring. The first Friday of February is also celebrated by the Christian church as Candlemas, with candlelight processions that hark back to ancient torchlight ceremonies for purifying and reviving the fields. The lighting of fires celebrated the increasing power of the Sun over the coming months. Imbolc is also the Feast of Brighid Celtic Triple Goddess of the Hearth and Home, Fire, poets, and mothers and is a time for the clearing out of old energies to make way for the new, of cleansing and for seeking new inspiration and for planting seeds of hope for the coming summer months.
We look forward to sharing this experience with you…

The environments for this event will be hosted by:

Liquid Records
Inside Us All
Peace not War
Family Gathering
The Ceilidh Project
Tribal Voices

Here are the details:

Liquid Connective & Inside us All

Present a room of uplifting and textured electronica – plus breathtaking visuals:

LIVE : S>Range (Liquid Records - Sweden) exclusive London date on his World Tour presenting his new album "Another Theory"
LIVE : Fromem Ory (Liquid Records)
LIVE : Voice of Cod (Organic Records)
LIVE : Organismic (Liquid Records)

Chris Organic (Organic Records)
Onyx (TurboTrance Records - France)
Liquid Ross (Liquid Records)

decor :
Fluffy Mafia
Visuals :
Inside-Us-All

www.liquid-records.com
www.organicrecords.net
www.inside-us-all.com
www.fluffymafia.com

As ever Synergy is supported by Jedi Jugglers, a collective of spinners and jugglers of glo toys. To learn poi or juggling, just ask a jedi on the night or come to the workshops at the Synergy Centre. Contact jedijugglers@yahoo.co.uk for more info.

Peace not War

10 hours of non-stop conscious entertainment

Peace Not War presents a night of cultural resistance to the New World Order and the state of permanent war that our governments are determinedly pushing through. Encouraging people to realize their own power and maintain the bravery required to speak down the oppressors of mankind, the producers of the International peace movement CDs will be joining forces with many of our friends from the demonstrations, including the Samba band and the rolling sound system.

Artists making the stand will include…

Mecca2Medina (Live Islamic Spiritual Hiphop)
United Vibrations (London’s finest Ska-Funk outfit)
DJ Rubbish (Bashment set)
Excentral the Tempest & The New Cross Philharmonic Orchestra (Searing
Lyricist with 9-piece Jazz Funk Band)
MC Angel with Bass6, Mudge and DJ Shorty (Conscious Hiphop)
Rhythms of Resistance (Activist Samba Band)
The RUB (Revolutionation)
Planetman and the Internationalz (Live Reggae Funk Band)
A.Lorenzo (Urgent Union)
Sparxillva (Poetic, Eclectic with Heavy Bass)
Sarah Bear (Conscious Acoustic)
And more…

Hosted by Spacegirl and The Rub
Visuals by Nuroptics, Eugenia…

Family Gathering

Family Gathering are the creators of 2006’s Sunrise Summer Solstice Celebration. Hosting a room of
enchantment – where myth, magic and music meld together, where worlds meet, where sounds, smells and visual splendor regale you from every direction.

The room will feature a stage inside a large Yurt – creating an intimate venue and a feel of the festivals.

The Alchemical Cabaret featuring....

Champignon - Live world fusion music with eastern influences produced by ex-Ozrics
Green Angels - Stomping Breton folk with bagpipes
The Awakening - Innovative duo showcasing a new breed of instrument
String and Bones - Three-piece maestros - punked-up ancient ballads
Paul Didge - Live Didjeredu Trance
Symeon Webb - Avalonian Soul Music

With Ambient Tunes from Red Earth

Projections by Deliberate Animations
Lighting by Fluoroworld

With Changing World Music, Avalon Rising and Indigo
Earth

+ Wandering Minstrels, poets and performers

The EartHeart Tea Temple and Water Vortexing System

The Ceilidh Project:

The Ceilidh Project revives the magic of a traditional ‘ceilidh’ format with an injection of high energy acoustic dance bands. We welcome you to drop in to our dance workshops and we’ll teach you the moves! Or just come to listen to the bands and do your own thing, but we think you’ll have more fun if you join in.

The Committee Band
A whopping 10 piece ‘wall of sound’ that will lead you into a ground-breaking ceilidh workshop.

Dark Angel
Global Roots and Jazz to keep you on the boil.

Boka Halat
A unique fusion of African drumming and English tunes that will
guide you through an improvised dance workshop using all the ceilidh moves.

Mudra (IDSpiral)
Wind down with deep chill with a hint of eastern European flavour.

Moredekkers
Foot stomping folk with a twist of drum and bass, just come and
free-style!

Folkus
Eclectic mix of funky folk from the British Isles and beyond.

Décor
A debut for Duolu who have created beautiful artwork inspired by our
workshops.

The Tribal Voices Space

Tribal Voices' is a collective of acoustic musicians, bound by a belief in nature and community. Many of us have been inspired by the campfires of the Twyford Down, M11, Solsbury Hill, Newbury, Fairmile and many other road protest camps of the mid 1990s, coming together as one people to fight against the destruction of our common heritage. Our sacred sites, hallowed hills and ancient forests are under constant threat from modern lifestyles, consumerism, "growth", building, fast cars, new roads, pollution and destruction.

Ours is a multicultural, living tradition, not bound by mainstream views. We are a family on the frontiers of something new, a community of mutual understanding taking collective responsibility for the future. We are a bunch of dreamers who believe dreams can become manifest in a world where we are one with all things.

The Tribal Voices reunion will take place in the deep blue arches of the SeOne where you will also find our usual healing area – alternative means to soothe into your night.

Plus of course the usual vibrant mix of conscious stalls, contributing NGOs and Charities, a colourful entrance area presented by Art Nation, the ever magnificent portraiture workshop by Wendalena plus, of course, you!

To buy tickets go to:

Access all Areas – 117 Kentish Town Road 020 7267 8320
Psychedelic Dream Temple – Camden Market 020 7267 8528
Namaste Holistic Center – Camberwell 020 7703 5121

You can now buy direct from us via our website www.thesynergyproject.org - a fast and secure way

Please do not buy from ticket touts!!! You might not get admitted to the club

Thank you for your support and looking forward to see you all there!

The Synergy Crew

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
OOOhhhhh! biggrin bounce ubbloco bounce2 ubblove

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

3,149 posts

Posted:
bump

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I'm up for this biggrin

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
The question is, why're you not at [Old link]? juggle tongue

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
Looks like a bit of a different one this time - no ambient chill space, but three folky-type rooms! I'm up for checking them out anyway. The Family Gathering space for one should be amazing - they've got a massive yurt and a dome and a teepee! And I've never been to a Ceilidh dance before, especially not one full of ravers! Also I'm hosting a panel discussion on Indigenous Spirituality in the Tribal Voices room which should be very interesting smile

Of course the Liquid Records room is gonna be wicked so there'll always be somewhere to feel at home.

If any of you lot with glo toys want to be on my concessions list send me an email to the jedijugglers address. I'll try and bring some more flyers to spitz tomorrow.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Is the same thing as the other thread?
umm

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
what other thread?

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
that's a sick liquid line up. would love to go but am off surfing this week... will hopefully be about for Kalahari in feburary though... Bluetech and another chance to see Voice of Cod should help make up for it... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
Hey Dub how did you post from the future? its not the 1st yet is it?

Edit: never mind..... biggrin
EDITED_BY: Colin J (1138714496)

3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by:

As ever Synergy is supported by Jedi Jugglers, a collective of spinners and jugglers of glo toys.

oooooooooooooooh i just noticed that bit.

i didn't know we were a collective. i never bin in a collective before. is it like a cult?

DreadnautGOLD Member
Dready Teddy
53 posts

Posted:
Just sounds better than 'bunch' wink

I suppose it's a bit like a cult in that we meet up in a dark cavern under London Bridge station, listen to unusual music and make weird patterns with glowy things. It could be called the cult of aerotech I suppose wink I'd want sponsorship (or at least free repairs) for that though!

Last call for guestlist....

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Talking of Cults.... Isn't strange where you find satanic messages these days?

https://media.spikedhumor.com/8944/Jingle_Bells_Reversed.swf

Slightly on Topic Is it OK to park outside SeONE?

Will be bringing Various people up from Bristol.... biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
damnit garthy.. you just made me even more annoyed that i'm not going!!! frown

there's usually somewhere to park down one of the side streets on the quiter side of the arches which has all the one way systems to follow. (i.e the side that isn't the high street.)

hope you all have fun... i'll be there in spirit even though in actuality i'll be staggering round some godforsaken cheesehole of a local devon nightclub pretending to myself that the shite they're playing is in fact quality trance and it doesn't matter that they're all looking at me funny cos i like stomping even if it is really britney they're playing.... *ahem* at least the surf's gonna be good! wink hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You guys missed a BRILLIANT evening.

Dj Rubbish's bashment set was particularly excellent ubblove

and there were some really good MC's.

And a totally mashed person who kept vibrating a table confused

bounce

Then again... the queue was huuuuuuuuuuge.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh Garthy that jingle bells link nearly made me cry! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

Ahhhh Garthy that jingle bells link nearly made me cry! xxx

Sorry Vix hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Yeah it scared one of my work mates silly too.

Gutted I didn't make this frown Next time I'll plan it betterer.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
THATS TWO STUPID THINGS I HAVE FALLENFOR TODAY!

i fall for an msn bot wrae virus, and now that!

whats going on with me today, imsupposed to be geek sheek!

Step (el-nombrie)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
owch... i just did as well... it hurt my ears... ubbcrying

HOP Newsletter