• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Help! > where can u get public liability insurance for fire poi (uk)

Login/Join to Participate

crowley2
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

crowley2

official hop cutie

Total posts: 272
Posted:does anyone know any insurance brooker who will do public liability insurance for fire poi if so how much do they charge?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

Delete Topic

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:Firstly you need to remember that the search button at the top of the page is your friend and can answer almost all the questions you can come up with about fire spinning (trust me most of them have been asked before).

Secondly HERE is such a case on the question you have just asked. Scroll down to UCoFs post and you will see the answers you need.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:*does the being helpful dance*

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog

Internet Hate Machine

Total posts: 10530
Posted:Useful chap that UCOF biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Duck for Cover
Dixon Chalmers/County Mutual/Towergate Risk Solutions/whatever they're called this week
Equity (dahling)
Park Insurance
World Clown Association
The Insurance Experts
Robertson Taylor
Torribles
Arthur Doodsons
Eagle Star

Now you can see I've done the search, any chance of some quick yes/no/maybe reviews?

I'm quite happy to post up to date information once I've called them all up myself but, as all the old links seem to be broken since the site switch, I'd prefer to make and maintain a new thread for the UK.

EDITED_BY: Spanner (1226787298)
EDIT_REASON: Non UK

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

newgabe
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.

Total posts: 4030
Posted:Originally Posted By: SpannerDuck for Cover

Duck for Cover is an Australian performer's association that arranges cheap insurance for its members, including for fire performers. (Annoyingly, they don't include workshops.)

Relevance to Poms? You could join as a Pom living in Oz, and it covers working overseas (apart from US/Canada), but you have to live in Australia to join. Closest name I could see in a UK search was blokes clothing called duck AND cover.

Also Skully, the link on your post to an answer doesn't work.. goes back to the forums 'title page'.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Ah - thought I heard someone say they did worldwide (not going to open the other 20 odd threads again to find out where though grin ). Cheers Gabe! hug

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

LazyAngel
GOLD Member since Jul 2004

LazyAngel

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2895
Posted:I reckon consolidating up to date info on PLI into one sticky thread could be a good idea

Last I heard it was Towergate Risk solutions, but that was back in march

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Delete

Fearpig
BRONZE Member since Sep 2003

Fearpig

member - tee hee "member"

Total posts: 279
Posted:Towergate Risk Solutions is the one I've always used... having read through some others they are a little more expensive at 165 / year but have lower excess, cover workshops (if you specify them) and are international (barring USA!).

You can get the price down to about 130 through other insurers but then loose some of the cover.

They are rubbish at writing things down though, even after being with them for over 5 years I have to send my documents back with corrections every time I renew them.

Has anyone else got a different favourite?

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrdinger

Delete