Tigurmember
43 posts

Posted:
I finally did my first Fire poi spin last night, at my favorite club, which was closing their doors for the last time that night, it was soo much fun i can't believe it

i've spun glowstix/beaming poi for so long an when i did fire, it doesn't compare to me, fire is the way to go from now on for me, unfortuneatley i can't spin fire in alotta clubs, but there is one i can so i'm gonna regular that club since my fav one closed down, at least i did somethign to remember my fav club night

this may be nothing to some of you more expieriences fire spinners, but it was definateley something for me

Dicipline Focus Damage

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Congrats! Fire spinning rocks!

Keep it up and stay safe

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
The first time you light up and spin fire is amazing. It is so different from glow or practice poi.

The drag, the sound, the rush!

Congrats on your first light!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
Go Tigur! I know exactly what you mean. Had my first flameage 2 nights ago, omigod, that sound!!!!!!!!!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Congratulations, Tigur!
Yeah, it's great, isn't it!

Plantgirlll, you are so right about the sound. The first time i lit up, i couldn't hear the drummers at all (hilarious, since there were probably 15 people drumming!)...

Now i can usually hear the drummers over the roar, but i do love that sound, it's in my top 5.

(The others are: a cork coming out a bottle, a sword coming out of a sheath, a lover's moan, and and a kitten's purr. Aren't i poetic )

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Tigurmember
43 posts

Posted:
The sound was amazing, the heat was awsome too, all i can say is i love it

the sound is trueley unique, you may hear it from other people, but when your spinning it's one of the best

top 6 sounds for me hafta be
An opponents Cry for mercy (i know it's sick but it's true)
When i Fire Breath
The sound of Fire Poi spinnign around me
fists coliding
and my Kasari-gama biting into someone elses blade
and a Sword Breaking

Dicipline Focus Damage

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
WAY TO RULE, TIGUR!

you say you did your virgin spin at a club gig? or in the audience? DOPE!

you are a sick sick hella martial artist way deep at heart, yo

hey, where's Beaumont? which town of that name, hell, what nation?

with burning love of the fire to share with you,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by plantgirlll:
Go Tigur! I know exactly what you mean. Had my first flameage 2 nights ago, omigod, that sound!!!!!!!!!
and yo plantgirlll, yaygod, props to you! did you post up a thread about it yourself?

much love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Tigurmember
43 posts

Posted:
Beaumonts In Alberta Canada, i doubt you'll find it on any maps, it's pretty small, and i'm the only spinner in the town, but i got into Edmonton, 15 min north of beaumont to spin with the few who spin there, i think there are MAX 10-15 people who spin regularily in edmonton, Phunky and Jaeden live in edmonton

i'm trying to incorperate my martial arts into my spinning along side blowing fire,with it, i blew fire before i spun fire

Dicipline Focus Damage

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Congratulations on losing your "fireflower!"

I hijacked part of this thread over to the "favorite sounds" thread that I just created, though. It's too fun a topic to not have its own thread!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura