Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Help with a special kind of Contact

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Calling all contact staffers, i need some help, and this is not actually about contact staffing but probably the best place I could post this.

As some of you know I do Bar flairing (for those who dont its the whole cocktail bottle spinning etc) and I've been trying to work on some new moves that are a bit different and I can do a small amount of contact staff so I thought I'd try and incorporate a few moves from the whole poi/staff side of things, including managing to do flowers with 2 bottles biggrin, but anyway, I would like to know peoples opinion on if its possible and therefore worth me devoting my time to trying to learn some contact moves, mainly halo rolls and the likes using a Galliano bottle.

Non-Https Image Link

Obviously I can have it empty or full or half full or whatever, was just curious if you brainier people thought something good could come out of experimenting with it, so I thought I'd ask the pro's biggrin.

The actual galliano bottle is almost about 2 foot long so its quite long (for a bottle) however I'm not sure if it's going to be too short, also the sloping curve of the glass may not help.

Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated

hug

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
fish tails would be very interesting as every time you tiped the bottle toward the spout you could pour a shot, thus if you were asked for 5 shots you could do fishtails to serve each one (maybe.........)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
having just had a play with a half full bottle of vodka id say that anything that involves rolling is doomed because unless u have it perfectly balenced the bottle starts to tip and it starts spinning.

spinning is the way forward, the best i managed was one and a half fishtails with a painful exit to the shin. hows everyone else coming?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
having problems with my sambuca bottle... need to drink more it it methinks wink

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i really do think the only bottle you'll have any luck with is a galliano

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
well, it is the only long bottle, so to do staff its really the only one thats likely to work.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
smaller bottles are easier u get less sloshing effect, if its spinning its controlled but if its rolling you must be a jedi master to pull it off

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
do not try, do or do not wink

totally unrelated but when are you next in the land of Eng

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
id love to come to play and ejc this year but it depends largely on money and if i get a grant to start a business after i finish writing my thesis or if i just say to hell with it all im moving to europe, to many variables and to far away, exciting times though biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
have you tried winning the lottery?
umm

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
lol, cause 'trying' is all you'll ever do.........

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
the lottery is a tax for people who cant do maths tongue

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
so umm...

have you tried winning the lottery?

umm

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

the lottery is a tax for people who cant do maths tongue

ubblol i'll have to remember that one wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
so. with witnesses and video, i got four full rotations.

only one more... and then ben WILL be meg.....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
so. we have lift off. with witnesses, proof off liquid, video, and agreement from ben.

i dropped the transition from five to six, (thats five rightleftrights) so the video that comes up will be that, but i promise to do more for true confirmation.

bens going shopping today smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
roflmao... cant wait biggrin

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Ha! I knew it was possibly, I just couldn't be bothered to learn it, but now I'm vindicated and what's more, with zero effort on my part! Woooo! wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Good Work Rob biggrin

Youve done us proud!

Im not interested in seeing a vid of you doing it - i know your level of skill and quite believe you..........

video footage of Ben...... thats what we now need !!

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i believe burning dan has footage of the meg vs kyle face off and megs staff routine .....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

i believe burning dan has footage of the meg vs kyle face off and megs staff routine .....

ok, see below.
EDITED_BY: mcp (1139244406)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
When I read it, I thought he had done these things himself, only dressed as you meg?

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

Page: