Forums > Social Chat > Can't concentrate... how do I fix this???

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
About what the title says.... its useless, I'm just... not able to think about one thing for five seconds... grr... for several days now!!!! I can only concentrate on coonversations, and anyone who's ever had one with me would realize thats because they don't stay too focused.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

JohnVentureBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Sleep.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm sure 15 hours in one day is enough for that.

I also have troubles sleeping sometimes, depends on the day.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Erm... are you worrying about things? Like, more than normal? Anything that's making you feel low, or bothering you a lot? Are you angry at anything?

But just in case, you'd better go and get diagnosed with ADD and get some medication. Pills will make you feel better wink ubblol

Seriously, if you're not already doing so, then relax a little. Take time out to do something calming.

Above all, take care. hug

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I don't know how to relax either....

Before anyone tells me thats my problem, tell me how to solve it!!

I surely don't know :/

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Meditate smile

Usually when I go to bed, especially after days spent at college my mind is racing with a million and one different things of stuffs that have happen during the day.
I concentrate on my breathing. In through my nose, out through my mouth. Slowing itdown a good bunch. Do it long enough and you stop thinking, and are just focusing on your breathing.

Maybe doing this for 5 minutes when you realise your not focused will help.

hug xx

TheEtherbunnynewbie
11 posts

Posted:
I find that a constant routine of diet, excersize, and sleep helps me to be focused when I need to be.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Aimz is on the right track!

That method helps you to learn a move you're stuck on, or even manage a Dipod with a Contact Ball... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Oooh, thought of another one: Bully someone into giving you a massage! I think I remember that making you feel better... biggrin I'm sure there are nice people over there willing to give you a good/enthusiastic backrub!

Meditation is also good.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
We used to meditate when I was at karate... well useful, like Aimée said.... anything that pops into your mind, push it back out again.... its clearing your mind.... If you dont want to see your DR tho, could always try vitamin suppliments... like Omega 3 containing fish oil suppliments... things like Eye Q etc, help with concentration...... but being a suppliment, will take a couple of months to start working properly... hmmm

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
As asena says Omega 3, another one to try is Siberian Ginseng Tea in the morning... Helps me on days I really need to concentrate...

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
A) Exercise: Decent - not too much, don't over-excert yourself.
B) Sleep: 15 hours a day may be too much. 7-9 hours might be enough.
C) Meditate: go to be aware of your body (sensations) feel yourself (sitting where you are) Focus on yourself and the thoughts that come up, don't judge them - just notice. (like at the collection in the church... wink someone passes you the basket... notice it, but don't hang on to it.. wink ) watch your thoughts like the clouds in the sky... they'lll pass.
D) Breathe: Sit and breathe... get enough oxygen to your brain.
when you sit at your work and you get destracted with your thoughts - notice it, remember to breathe and go back to what you have been doing initially.

You feel you cannot concentrate? Well, notice it and know that it'll pass. Whatever is important in your life right now, it might not have the same importance by end of the year.

Try not to make it another conflict. Be kind with yourself and just notice it like: "Hum, I can't focus right now... interesting phenomenon..." No judgement, no conflict... smile

hug yourself and as Sethis said: a massage and a hot bathtub will be great help to relax...

smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
The 15 hours thing was a one-off, sorry my concentration apparently wasn't even extending to making coherent posts at the time! It was just a note that I was appearing to sleep enough and sometimes too much... think I was sick as I neither woke up nor had nightmares for twelve hours. Typhically lately I have been sleeping 7/8 but as I'm starting to have nightmares again I suspect that will go down again.

I'm well aware I need more exercise but I also know that I can't be dependant on it because then I'll fall apart in random situations and thats no good. A massage would of course be lurvely and relax me a bit, but where to get one? Yes. And hot baths require time off and hours of travel.

Now, last two. Relax? Mentioned. I am not really sure how save bath/massage, which are unavailable. Meditate? I've tried before, it... I can't make it work to the point where its just going to be stressful to keep trying. I can focus on breathing some, but whilst thats a functional method to calm if agitated, it doesn't actually do anything to calm the speed of the mind, per se, or bring back focus to me. It relaxes my body a bit more but doesn't really quite bring me back into the present. Meditation just doesn't... make sense to me? Bah. Not sure quite how to say it!

In general all truly good suggestions, tho, just not all ones I'm capable of taking (belive me I'd have had a nice warm bath by now if I could!) My diet is actually pretty good atm.... Mainly the exercise, where I just walk 2-4 miles a day and do some very basic iso, needs to be increased.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Hire somebody to hit you when you're not paying attention to what you're supposed to be doing.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Yoga... t'is great! also, exercize generally, physical activity helps you concentrate I find. That's something I need to step up on....

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Written by: sparkey

Hire somebody to hit you when you're not paying attention to what you're supposed to be doing.

LOL that may work... ubbloco wink

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
"use a knife, knives are good cause they're quite, and quite means your more likely to use them" ubbloco

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
Exercise, eat good stuff, get regular sleep (waking up at the same time is most important here) etc, but perhaps there's something on your mind you're not paying enough attention to.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Ha, sparkey/moka gotta love it! Its actually not that far off a reality that works, which is that studying or analyzing things with someone helps me focus. Right now I'm playing chess with someone (even tho i suck) and analyzing the games as a method of calming my mind (and pattern matching is fun).

I do wonder, GT4... hmmm... nice abbreviation... if you might not be right. I don't *know* tho.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol playing chess calms down your mind? ubblol

that's as if Valium gave you speed... ubblol

hug

but I'm glad you found something working for you smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yeah, i'm weird. analyzing things calms me.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah