Forums > Social Chat > Not allowed to flair in my flat anymore

Login/Join to Participate

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Today I got a warning from warden of my flat that there has been excessive complaints from the people below me of the loud bangs on the floor coming from my room. Which could be from juggling but is mainly due to my habit of not being able to wait till I get to work and start flairing in my room, I try my best to do it above my bed but drops happen and bounce off things (broke my laptop screen the other day frown ).

So anyway Ive been told now that if there is further complaints 'further action will be taken' which I guess means no flairing in my room anymore frown damn! Im gonna have to go to the parks around here to do it which is annoying. Granted its my fault anyway, I have a habit of flairing at 3am when I come home after a really shift. Annoyingly my floor makes a really loud noise too when something falls on it. Grumble grumble

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
soundproof your floor, will!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I cant' its really annoying frown I'm off to the park to make some soundless drops!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
TBH, I'm surprised that nothing's been said sooner! I've heard the loud noise your floor makes when I drop just a juggling ball on it, and they're nowhere near as hard as a flair bottle!!

My suggestion is cover your floor with things like mattresses and cushions. I know they're not the best surfaces to juggle on because they're all squishy and it's slightly harder to balance, but hey, It's better than not at all, and at least they will stop the really loud bangs.

Is it just the guy immediately below you, or the whole floor below you? If it's just the guy below, do it in the corridor, or even the other end of the corridor...

Or speak to them about it. be apologetic, and see if you can't come to some sort of arrangement. I'd be pissed off at someone banging around in the early hours of the morning while I was trying to sleep... And when I'm working, I like silence so that I don't get distracted. The guy below me doesn't listen to the untold times I've told him to turn his music down, though... it's still loud as hell...

If you were on a lower floor, then there would be no-one below you to complain about it... wink

Good luck getting this sorted, Dude. Twould be a shame for you to stop flairing and stuff in your room... Although, you know you're always welcome round mine for a session... smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Buy them booze or chocs as an apology too! bad william! spank

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
get a better apartment, then send the guy underneath you a photo of it and thank them for getting you in trouble wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Put a duvet on the floor.

Or, better yet, find something else to do at 3 in the morning...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
*insert a suggestion here* lmao

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Do it in someone elses room...

umm

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
^^ Much more fun at 3 in the morning biggrin

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Domino

Put a duvet on the floor.

Or, better yet, find something else to do at 3 in the morning...

Such as sleeping!

The tutor below me hasn;t complained before, but t'other day I was practicing and I heard banging from on the floor, their roof, to tell me to stop. Let's hope they don't fine me - they're fine happy in this hall. :\

Willy - is bad for your health...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Mate, If they Fine you for juggling, The guy below me is gonna be bankrupt with his volume...

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
buy an bunch of pillows or pads to cover a section of your room.

smile good luck

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Urgh lock in last night till 6am, came back and resisted the temptation, bed was much more agreeable

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
With as many hugs and smiles as I could say this...

If you were dropping stuff on my roof at 3AM I'd be grumpy too. I wake up at 6am and am quite fussy about my sleep.

That's one of the bummers about living in a city... you do have to be aware of others. But you get to benefit from having others around you too at other times.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Umm.....

Despite being a professional juggler, I'm at a loss as to what a 'flair' is...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Flair = Bar flair.

Um... The most mainstream reference I can give is the movie Cocktail...

Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Flair - the best way to describe it really is 'Performance Bartending', but the most common association I suppose is your typical bottle and shaker cocktail spinning and bottle manipulation to serve a customer with a beverage in an interesting way. Much like this chap

Non-Https Image Link

Or as much as I hate to do it, the Flair scene was made most famous by Tom Cruise in the film Cocktail

Non-Https Image Link

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Written by: Charles

Umm.....

Despite being a professional juggler, I'm at a loss as to what a 'flair' is...

'Flare/flair' is the art of juggling behind a bar. quite fun to do as well ubbrollsmile

I used to get shouted at quite a lot for doing flare, but that was whilst i was behind a bar and i got shouted at for braking glasses rolleyes.

i agree with the comments above, find something else to do at 3 am when you get home from work.

one question, where you the guy with the flair bottles at the last manchester meet Will? If so i remember dropping your mixer a couple of times as well as hitting Terri with it redface

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Can you not get onto the roof or something will? Or maybie theres a communal garden with nice soft concrete paving to drop things onto :P

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
no garden, and the roof is inaccessable to all but spiderman, its a 10 min trip now to where i go, still, better than not flairing.

And yes steaks at the last manc meet I did have a few bottles and shakers with me, i know someone borrowed them at one point so if it was me you were seeing flairing then I had baggy green combats on and a beanie

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
why wear a beanie, will? be proud of your gingernes! hug
Oh yeh, it must have been cold rolleyes

check your pm's too dude! ubbloco

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
He looked very swish in his beanie

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i wasnt sure if that was you or not, im sure someone said there was more than 1 person there named will so i got a lil confused.
I borrowed your mixer whilst Tobi had one of your bottles smile

and Joe's right, he looked very swish indeed.

10 mins away? surely there is somewhere closer to your pad to practise?

Owner of Clarence_Quack

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Not really, I live on a floating piece of ice.

And thank you for the beanie comment, im always wearing a beanie, Ive been told it makes me look more trampy, suprised you said swish to be honest

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

im always wearing a beanie, Ive been told it makes me look more trampy

There's evidence of this in your Gallery! Ah the good old days!! You have to come over for a burn again sometime soon dude!!

Be Water My Friend.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:

Not really, I live on a floating piece of ice.

that must be fun getting to and from work and to meets and stuff

And thank you for the beanie comment, im always wearing a beanie, Ive been told it makes me look more trampy, suprised you said swish to be honest

i thought it suited you, but im constantly told i look better without a cap and a beard, so meh!

Owner of Clarence_Quack

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Will, Will, Will, what are we to do with you? Keeping people awake in the middle of the night? Dropping stuff?! Shame on you. naughty naughty spanky botty.
My advice, take up a new hobby such as drums and practise at 3am, muhahahaha. That'll teach em.or get a foghorn! yeah!! or, chop their ears off in their sleep.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
jo, he'll have to burst their ear drums - chopping off ears wont make them go deaf lol hug

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ok, well he can do that with his new drumsticks smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.