Forums > Social Chat > A Haven For The Souls Whispers

Login/Join to Participate

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I wrote this about my favourite band...The Tea Party. I truely love their music and I wrote this to try to express what I feel whenever I listen to them...
I thought that this thread could be for whoever wants to write about what inspires them... Not a poetry thread but a thread for writing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wondered this morning what it was that made my spine shiver when I listen to the Tea. What was it that provoked this feeling of bliss, the altered state of euphoria that I feel?
I came to decision that it is not one identifiable thing that makes The Tea's music speak to my soul. Their essense is many things that cannot be truely identified... parts may only be felt.
It is the passion that Jeff Martin sings with when he sings about love. The way that his guitar melds into him as he coax's it to scream or to sigh.
How the trio imprints a copy of their moments of light and torment then transforms emotion into a peice of music accompanyed with whispers of the soul as words.
It is the way that Burrows takes the beat of his heart and allows it to flow down his hands into the kit, and produce the beat that provides the unfallable base for Stuart and Jeff to work off.
How Burrows seems to slip deep inside himself as he drums, as if meditating with the bass and giving everything that he has to his passion....for us, as well as for himself.
The way that Stuart gets a half smile on his face as he realises that the notes he is adding to the divine mix, compliment and polish it off, helping to breathe life into the spirit of the song...
It is the way that Stu stands tall and proud as he plays his bass, encrouaging the energy to challange him and uplift his conciousness with its flow...
It is the final defining moment that we take part in as an active member of the Tea Party, the moment that the song awakens, streches its wings and takes to flight from our c.d player...escaping as a butterfly to touch the world with its beauty.... and to make us feel...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"