Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention 20th - 23rd April

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
At the request of Bubbles, here's the BJC2006 thread.

Many of you know the score, infact it was last year's BJC where I met my first HOP'res & got talked into giving these forums a go. It was my first ever camping convention & I've been hoocked ever since, I even met my partner there eek

There's Juggling & Spinning & Acro & workshops & 24 hr juggling hall & a fireshow & much more, but not least important is it'll be my birthday on the Saterday ubblol they have a lovley & informative website here. Pre-reg is £50 & ends March 7th.

You comming then? weavesmiley juggle biggrin ubblove hug

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
umm

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
eek

erm... er.......

aha!

offtopic

So BJC! Erm... Cool huh? juggle

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

i love forums - people really dont quite know how to read what your saying ubblol ubblol ubblol

Yeh the BJC was wicked, for many reasons smile

Falmouth IMO was way way way better though, and the time inbetween the two, well that rocked lots also!

Back onto juggling........

Crap isnt it wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

i love forums - people really dont quite know how to read what your saying ubblol ubblol ubblol

indeed they don't! wink

ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well I still can't juggle for toffee (Damn the lack of beginners workshops!) Anything I can't do gets my respect...

You just stick to playing with your staff(s)... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
*is still wondering about strugz' sexuality*

Y'know i think you could be in there neon! wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I dunno Maus...

Then again he could be too much man for one person....;)

**feels the tremors resulting from Strugz's rapidly expanding head toppling over from the weight**

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

ubblol

yeah, and posting massively ambiguous innuendo helps avoid that problem loads... wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

im definatley 95% manly man im afraid........

the other 5% im not certain you see as i do look alot like my sister ubblol

confused

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Maybe you could introduce me to her sometime! ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

95% manly man
im afraid

aww, a big hunk like you shouldn't be scared of anything...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I'm sure I can give him something to be scared of... biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
god dam im glad im not in the same room........

saying that.......

ubbidea

a neon, a maus AND a coleman wink

i feel all privilaged all of a sudden biggrin

3 people very talented at playing with balls wink

Now get this thread back on track and leave strugz alone ubbloco

**or pm me**

ubblol ubblol ubblol

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:

3 people very talented at playing with balls wink

confused

But i can't juggle!???

wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i thought you could.......?

must have been someone else, hey it was dark and i was drunk ubbloco

ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Balls in socks... which look very much like... offtopic

I'll get the chilli sauce... devil

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
spank

Actually for that matter i was drunk too......for over a week if i remember correctly! wink

Vodka & coke and a joint for breakfast....ahhhh....those were the days!

On the bright side all of this off topic hetero/homo flirting and innuendoness has certainly stopped the poi/juggling argument!

ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I know... can we get back to that please? I brought popcorn...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Well i did try............

Back onto juggling........

Crap isnt it wink

ubblol

**wonders what neon would do with the chilli sauce**

confused

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Like with Juggling, Poi and Staff(s)...

You're only limited your own imagination...

(as well as being at the mercy of mine! biggrin)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ahhhh i see.....

it was for the popcorn you were eating whilst this debate continued........ wink

ubblol

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
**leaves the boys to it**

ubblol

mini_mansellnewbie
19 posts

Posted:
anyway..

your all welcome to come play at

www.worldjugglingday.co.uk in the absolutely beautiful lakes.

you will be prob giggled at if you do anything mroe strenious than sit and chill out though. its really a weekend of non event. ratehr than an event on a weekend.

its a wonderful way to spend a few days

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
one big complaint about the BJC was the security. My friend's 8 year old daughter needed the loo at 6am and the security guard wouldnt let her pass without her security tag. She explained that she was absolutely desperate and had left the tag in the tent.
Instead of just letting her through and saying "ok, but next time make sure you wear it" he told her to go back. She wet herself on the way back to the tent. As there were no clothes washing facilities onsite, you can imagine how inconvinienced her mum felt.
I just felt so angry about this.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
Hey Strugs. Was out in the park tonight trying some contact shizzle. And i think i got what you were teaching me. Its coming. Ive decided i also want to make me own staff. Or Maybe ill steal one of yours. Thanks anyway for the small tuition.

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Joe,
me and becci already mentioned this to mini.
We especially complained because on the saturday nite i needed the loo at about 5am,and with a swift batting of eyelids was allowed through without a pass.

Mini said he was disgusted by this,as they should have let Zen through and not let me through.

Anyway,just thought i'd let you know it wasn't the organisers fault but the security companies fault!

hug

Ewanostranger
11 posts

Posted:
Right, so back poi vs juggling..

Written by: Mint Sauce

how long did it take you to learn the 3 beat weave?
now
how long did it take you to get the 3 ball cascade?

Damn you, I was doing so well too..

I'd managed to not have to clear my name about the poi signs. Not to have to talk about the problems of convention organising in a new venue each year with a new team of people.
Not even to get roped into the "You might find it more fun to just do what you like doing instead of worrying about what other people think of you" line of conversations..
Not even to mention being there at the birth of the LAP.

And you had to ask this..

Well, OK.

Bear in mind when you read the next bit that I don't *get* poi, or diabolo or any other stringy things. They just don't work for me..

Now then, I learned the three ball cascade in about an hour.
I learned the three beat weave in about 10 seconds, and the five beat weave in about 3 minutes. Some other moves that I don't know the name for (fountain, the one in front of you like a devil stick buzz saw etc.) in about another 5 minutes.

Why couldn't you just have let it lie?

For me, *basic* poi moves are *much* simpler than basic *3 ball* juggling - from what I have seen *generaly* this is the same for most. Just like all things it(poi) gets harder and more complex as you progress, and it does get very hard and technical. That's why I like poi (in principle) though I just can't get them to do what I want. A person who can't learn basic 3 ball juggling in 10 minutes can probably learn some basic poi in 10 minutes and feel good about themselves because of it. Maybe they'll learn some juggling, maybe not but what the hell - they are having a good time and I'm closer to having someone new to play with.

It's not a competition to see who's got the hardest prop, this is not the Xgames with "super gnarley moves" stud. It's just people having fun.

Oh and for the record I'm someone that plays with "stuff" not a juggler. Some of my stuff is balls and clubs and staffs, less of my stuff is stringy.

Ignor me please I crave attention - and white chocolate.

mini_mansellnewbie
19 posts

Posted:
in general the security where fine. in lots of ways they where excellent.

their instructions where quite simple.

stop any locals getting i.
check passes.
chill and have a nice time.

most of them got the general idea. one or two though like most security poeple just worked better within rigid rules and did the checkpasses bit rigidly. even with the small kids, where a little discression should have been applied.. i was upset that they let an 8 yr old piss her self. but i was actually annoyed that they let Maus in.
Zen is a child. and a cute one as well.
Maus is an adult. (ferkin gorgeous one as it happens) but she knew to have her pass.

www.worldjugglingday.co.uk - if i mention it enough, some of you will come.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Yep itotally agree hun!

Which is why i told you!i shouldn't have been let in!

Admittedly i was feckin hungover,but i do think its wrong that they didnt make me go back and get my pass,at the time however i wasn't gonna argue with them letting me through and i'm sure nobody will blame me for that! wink

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Oh and hun, if you want the World Juggling day to get a bit more attention,give it its own thread in this forum!

Although there's a possibility there will be something else going on that weekend,although i'm personally trying to get said event for a month or so later! tongue

Page: ...