• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Last time I had a smile on my face... (and why)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1234
FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:... was this morning under the shower (and remembering this here and now)... I was even humming a song... biggrin

... and later today, discovery channel told me (one reason) why...

The falling water is charging ions negatively, which attracts dust and dirt particles to form and fall down (this is why rain cleans the air) - therefore the air is fresher and oxygen can be transported to the lungs more easy... one reason why we feel good under the shower... smile

bounce

Now - when was the last time you felt good - do you have any clue why?...

Hehe, I'm really looking forward to read those posts rolleyes ubbangel peace

ubblove and ubbidea to you biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete Topic

Mr Majestik
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you

Total posts: 4693
Posted:well, it would depend on what you mean by 'feeling good'.

about 10 minutes ago i smiled because somebody else found my greeting them with "avarst" amusing. biggrin

avarst!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:biggrin

What do YOU call "feeling good" - that's important! Not what I think about it! ubblol

A less scientific approach for feeling good is perfectly allright in this thread wink

Delete

JohnVenture
BRONZE Member since May 2005

JohnVenture

Total posts: 42
Posted:Have they explained why the shower curtain always seems to flow inward ?!

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:does that make you feel good (if they'd have)? ubblol

but if you ponder I guess you don't need to consult "discovery channel" ubblol

Delete

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:John Venture - someone did a PHd on that. I Don't remember the results (i'm not smart enough to understand anyway) but the findings ARE around!

The last time I had a smile on my face was when I got a message from someone special smile but apart from that soppy crap - the last time i felt good was a few hours ago when i finished a 20min ergo (rowing machine) after doing another personal best!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

JohnVenture
BRONZE Member since May 2005

JohnVenture

Total posts: 42
Posted:Well it's been a lifetime interrogation !

Made some researches after Rouge Dragon's claim, and indeed found the guy:

Written by:

...He designed a $28,000 piece of software that allowed him to model the flow of air and water within a simulated image of his mother-in-law's bathtub.

Two weeks and 1.5 trillion calculations later, Schmidt had his answer. Aerodynamic drag causes water droplets to decelerate, transferring energy to the air and creating air currents akin to a tiny hurricane. Low pressure in the eye of that hurricane then tugs on the lower end of the shower curtain. Voila! It sucks in.

w00t ! You have just made my day smile

Full article here. A tiny hurricane in my shower...Wicked !

Delete

Str8Jakit

Str8Jakit

Dealing in Perception & Probability

Total posts: 135
Posted:last time i felt good was this morning. not be a mush ball, but there's something about your child saying "good morning daddy" that always makes you feel good!

Legal and illegal are a point of view. All that matters is morality.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

Delete

GeoffonTour04
SILVER Member since Nov 2005

enthusiast

Total posts: 360
Posted:Recording in a pro studio yesterday's been the high point of my year so far - a desk so big I could sleep on it without falling off & separate rooms for recording. I'd been awake for 36h so I was cracking stupid jokes all day & pissing myself laughing. I did hit a wrong note though frown

Delete

jo_rhymes
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:the last night i felt good was half an hour ago when i got in from the cold, made myself some cheesy beans on toast and said hello to my Mollydog! Brr! it sure is chilly out!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

Chickpea
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Chickpea

mostly a muppet in need of distraction...

Total posts: 305
Posted:10 mins ago - i just got an email from my best friend asking me to pick 3 things that i really want to do before i leave in a few weeks to live abroad indefinately.
Happy because she's such a great friend, and because i am FINALLY going.
B x bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:Apart from reading the above comments,

The last time I had a smile on my face was when I got out of work, listening to some nice music and realising I only had one more day left at work!!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

VampyricAcid
SILVER Member since Jun 2005

VampyricAcid

veteran

Total posts: 1286
Posted:when i realised i have 3 weeks holiday to take in 3 months biggrin

and earlier today while hanging off a climbing wall thinking damn....i've missed this!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete

Lost83spy
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!

Total posts: 587
Posted:The last time I had a huge smile on my face was in December, when I got my brand new computer. *sniff* ... its beautiful...

biggrin

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:... I was lying on the beach, looked up into the sky and saw Orion...

I gazed at the constellation and it came to my memory, that the stars, resembling Orion are actually millions of lightyears away from each other (in depth).... (click here for a side-view)

It marvelled me, looking at those stars and trying to imagine the 3.rd dimension of the universe... and our position in it... I got dizzy somehow and when I later left the beach I felt really good (with a smile on my face) smile or was it a grin? biggrin umm wink

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:The last smile I had on my face was about 10 mins ago when I got a text biggrin ..... Oh no its just now, thinking about it.... and again..... oh and another smile.... in fact I've been smiling a lot this last week biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:I'm ALWAYS smiling...

http://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=2

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

jeff(fake)

jeff(fake)

Scientist of Fortune

Total posts: 1189
Posted:Edinburgh Royal Whisty Society.

The best whisky in the entire world at rock bottom prices with big comfy leather chairs and roaring fires and no riff-raff.

Happyness.... biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:Written by: jeff(fake)

Edinburgh Royal whisty Society.

The best whisky in the entire world

Have you been sampling a bit too much jeff?

Delete

jeff(fake)

jeff(fake)

Scientist of Fortune

Total posts: 1189
Posted:Written by: ravehead

Written by: jeff(fake)

Edinburgh Royal whisty Society.

The best whisky in the entire world

Have you been sampling a bit too much jeff?

And how... wink

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Delete

Loki_the_trickster
SILVER Member since Feb 2006

Loki_the_trickster

Has sharp edges

Total posts: 1266
Posted:biggrin about ten minutes ago I was playing with my dog and I'm still smiling and feeling good.....she always cheers me up and gives me good vibes to carry with me.....dogs are so great!!!!!!
I heard that there was a scientific expierament done ( I saw this on Animal Planet ) to see the benifits to people who own cats and dogs and its been proven that petting an animal lowers blood pressure and calms emotions, and playing with said pet can help with things like depression....so the moral of the story is go play with and pet your pet....ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

Delete

Eera
BRONZE Member since May 2003

old hand

Total posts: 1107
Posted:I won 4th division on the lotto so I'm treating my partner to a night out

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Delete

Lost83spy
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!

Total posts: 587
Posted:I was told 5 minutes ago that I'm going to be working from home because my boss trusts me and says that I'm doing a good job. Oh, and I made a new friend this weekend

*Does a happy jig*

ubbrollsmile

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:biggrin I just read this thread again and am happily smiling for (all of) you biggrin

grouphug

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:Proved boyfriend wrong
I was telling him that it was Phillip Seymore Hoffman who was supposed to bark his acceptance speech at the Oscars. He was convinced it was Heath Ledger who he was also convinced had been born 40 years ago. I get this lecture about how I can never admit being wrong and its a major fault of mine that he doesnt know if he can deal with. A lot of times I can just back down. I usually think I am still right, but what good is it doing arguing about stuff that doesnt matter. He tried to put me in my place and ha! I was right. I admit I do have this problem but so does he. But of course he is never wrong, and he wont remember having said any of this and I am simply making it up to be right. But right now I am smiling (and gloating)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

drewjitsu
BRONZE Member since Feb 2006

Total posts: 19
Posted:i won my first poker tournament yesterday. i havent stopped smilng since smile smile smile smile smile smile

Delete

flip1210

Total posts: 2
Posted:Last time i had a massive smile on my face was on saturday when I got a free windsurfer biggrin

How cool is that ?!?! got the board (a nice carbon hybrid one), 4 sails,2 fins, 2masts and 2 booms all for free off a complete stanger who i met on the internet through a free recycling site called Freecycle, look it up there will be a local group near you and it's well worth joining , one man's junk is another treausre and all that.

Delete

wonderloey

wonderloey

enthusiast

Total posts: 255
Posted:LOL..

Waking up next to one of my best mates (who's crashing at my place for a few weeks) and watching her facial expressions as she woke up...

Very funny and it made me happy - I'm glad to have friends I can laugh at and still respect. hug

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:yesterday made me smile, i had another driving lesson and it was nice and sunny. driving round all the country lanes i know just gives me a buzz.

wonderloey : (giggle) i like peoples facial expresions when they sleep too 't is muchly fun to watch hehe

Delete

pricklyleaf
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

pricklyleaf

with added berries

Total posts: 1365
Posted:I have a smile on my face most of the time biggrin

But the last time I had a huge smile on my face was on Sunday at acrobalance.

I stood on someones shoulders for the first time, which was a huge achievment for me, something I thought I would never be able to do, and something I was dreading. (I'm a bit of a wimp and panic without realising when I have no control of my own balance).

I was even told it was the best balance so far biggrin

Very happy now biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

hamamelis
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

hamamelis

nut.

Total posts: 756
Posted:Hmm... about half an hour ago, pet deer just had a baby this morning- cutest thing ever and it was bouncing round trying to figure out what it's legs were for..

Very hard to watch without a big happy grin, even in the rain.. biggrin

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Delete

Page: 1234