Forums > Social Chat > Last time I had a smile on my face... (and why)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... was this morning under the shower (and remembering this here and now)... I was even humming a song... biggrin

... and later today, discovery channel told me (one reason) why...

The falling water is charging ions negatively, which attracts dust and dirt particles to form and fall down (this is why rain cleans the air) - therefore the air is fresher and oxygen can be transported to the lungs more easy... one reason why we feel good under the shower... smile

bounce

Now - when was the last time you felt good - do you have any clue why?...

Hehe, I'm really looking forward to read those posts rolleyes ubbangel peace

ubblove and ubbidea to you biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
well, it would depend on what you mean by 'feeling good'.

about 10 minutes ago i smiled because somebody else found my greeting them with "avarst" amusing. biggrin

avarst!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
biggrin

What do YOU call "feeling good" - that's important! Not what I think about it! ubblol

A less scientific approach for feeling good is perfectly allright in this thread wink

JohnVentureBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Have they explained why the shower curtain always seems to flow inward ?!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
does that make you feel good (if they'd have)? ubblol

but if you ponder I guess you don't need to consult "discovery channel" ubblol

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
John Venture - someone did a PHd on that. I Don't remember the results (i'm not smart enough to understand anyway) but the findings ARE around!

The last time I had a smile on my face was when I got a message from someone special smile but apart from that soppy crap - the last time i felt good was a few hours ago when i finished a 20min ergo (rowing machine) after doing another personal best!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

JohnVentureBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Well it's been a lifetime interrogation !

Made some researches after Rouge Dragon's claim, and indeed found the guy:

Written by:

...He designed a $28,000 piece of software that allowed him to model the flow of air and water within a simulated image of his mother-in-law's bathtub.

Two weeks and 1.5 trillion calculations later, Schmidt had his answer. Aerodynamic drag causes water droplets to decelerate, transferring energy to the air and creating air currents akin to a tiny hurricane. Low pressure in the eye of that hurricane then tugs on the lower end of the shower curtain. Voila! It sucks in.

w00t ! You have just made my day smile

Full article here. A tiny hurricane in my shower...Wicked !

Str8JakitDealing in Perception & Probability
135 posts

Posted:
last time i felt good was this morning. not be a mush ball, but there's something about your child saying "good morning daddy" that always makes you feel good!

Legal and illegal are a point of view. All that matters is morality.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
Recording in a pro studio yesterday's been the high point of my year so far - a desk so big I could sleep on it without falling off & separate rooms for recording. I'd been awake for 36h so I was cracking stupid jokes all day & pissing myself laughing. I did hit a wrong note though frown

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
the last night i felt good was half an hour ago when i got in from the cold, made myself some cheesy beans on toast and said hello to my Mollydog! Brr! it sure is chilly out!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
10 mins ago - i just got an email from my best friend asking me to pick 3 things that i really want to do before i leave in a few weeks to live abroad indefinately.
Happy because she's such a great friend, and because i am FINALLY going.
B x bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Apart from reading the above comments,

The last time I had a smile on my face was when I got out of work, listening to some nice music and realising I only had one more day left at work!!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
when i realised i have 3 weeks holiday to take in 3 months biggrin

and earlier today while hanging off a climbing wall thinking damn....i've missed this!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
The last time I had a huge smile on my face was in December, when I got my brand new computer. *sniff* ... its beautiful...

biggrin

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... I was lying on the beach, looked up into the sky and saw Orion...

I gazed at the constellation and it came to my memory, that the stars, resembling Orion are actually millions of lightyears away from each other (in depth).... (click here for a side-view)

It marvelled me, looking at those stars and trying to imagine the 3.rd dimension of the universe... and our position in it... I got dizzy somehow and when I later left the beach I felt really good (with a smile on my face) smile or was it a grin? biggrin umm wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
The last smile I had on my face was about 10 mins ago when I got a text biggrin ..... Oh no its just now, thinking about it.... and again..... oh and another smile.... in fact I've been smiling a lot this last week biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm ALWAYS smiling...

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=2

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Edinburgh Royal Whisty Society.

The best whisky in the entire world at rock bottom prices with big comfy leather chairs and roaring fires and no riff-raff.

Happyness.... biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: jeff(fake)

Edinburgh Royal whisty Society.

The best whisky in the entire world

Have you been sampling a bit too much jeff?

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Written by: ravehead

Written by: jeff(fake)

Edinburgh Royal whisty Society.

The best whisky in the entire world

Have you been sampling a bit too much jeff?

And how... wink

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
biggrin about ten minutes ago I was playing with my dog and I'm still smiling and feeling good.....she always cheers me up and gives me good vibes to carry with me.....dogs are so great!!!!!!
I heard that there was a scientific expierament done ( I saw this on Animal Planet ) to see the benifits to people who own cats and dogs and its been proven that petting an animal lowers blood pressure and calms emotions, and playing with said pet can help with things like depression....so the moral of the story is go play with and pet your pet....ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I won 4th division on the lotto so I'm treating my partner to a night out

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
I was told 5 minutes ago that I'm going to be working from home because my boss trusts me and says that I'm doing a good job. Oh, and I made a new friend this weekend

*Does a happy jig*

ubbrollsmile

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
biggrin I just read this thread again and am happily smiling for (all of) you biggrin

grouphug

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Proved boyfriend wrong…
I was telling him that it was Phillip Seymore Hoffman who was supposed to bark his acceptance speech at the Oscars. He was convinced it was Heath Ledger who he was also convinced had been born 40 years ago. I get this lecture about how I can never admit being wrong and it’s a major fault of mine that he doesn’t know if he can deal with. A lot of times I can just back down. I usually think I am still right, but what good is it doing arguing about stuff that doesn’t matter. He tried to put me in my place and ha! I was right. I admit I do have this problem but so does he. But of course he is never wrong, and he won’t remember having said any of this and I am simply making it up to be right. But right now I am smiling (and gloating)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

drewjitsuBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
i won my first poker tournament yesterday. i havent stopped smilng since smile smile smile smile smile smile

flip1210newbie
2 posts

Posted:
Last time i had a massive smile on my face was on saturday when I got a free windsurfer biggrin

How cool is that ?!?! got the board (a nice carbon hybrid one), 4 sails,2 fins, 2masts and 2 booms all for free off a complete stanger who i met on the internet through a free recycling site called Freecycle, look it up there will be a local group near you and it's well worth joining , one man's junk is another treausre and all that.

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
LOL..

Waking up next to one of my best mates (who's crashing at my place for a few weeks) and watching her facial expressions as she woke up...

Very funny and it made me happy - I'm glad to have friends I can laugh at and still respect. hug

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
yesterday made me smile, i had another driving lesson and it was nice and sunny. driving round all the country lanes i know just gives me a buzz.

wonderloey : (giggle) i like peoples facial expresions when they sleep too 't is muchly fun to watch hehe

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I have a smile on my face most of the time biggrin

But the last time I had a huge smile on my face was on Sunday at acrobalance.

I stood on someones shoulders for the first time, which was a huge achievment for me, something I thought I would never be able to do, and something I was dreading. (I'm a bit of a wimp and panic without realising when I have no control of my own balance).

I was even told it was the best balance so far biggrin

Very happy now biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hmm... about half an hour ago, pet deer just had a baby this morning- cutest thing ever and it was bouncing round trying to figure out what it's legs were for..

Very hard to watch without a big happy grin, even in the rain.. biggrin

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Page: