Forums > Social Chat > Last time I had a smile on my face... (and why)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... was this morning under the shower (and remembering this here and now)... I was even humming a song... biggrin

... and later today, discovery channel told me (one reason) why...

The falling water is charging ions negatively, which attracts dust and dirt particles to form and fall down (this is why rain cleans the air) - therefore the air is fresher and oxygen can be transported to the lungs more easy... one reason why we feel good under the shower... smile

bounce

Now - when was the last time you felt good - do you have any clue why?...

Hehe, I'm really looking forward to read those posts rolleyes ubbangel peace

ubblove and ubbidea to you biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

lilith_in_londonSILVER Member
149 posts

Posted:
this morning, when i realised that berlusconi has finally been kicked out of government... although not by much.

that would have wiped the smile off my face until i realised that because of the tie between the two main parties, any small marxist-leninist coalition with a couple of seats in parliament now has loads of power. that made me laugh out loud and i'm still smirking!

c'est pas nous qui sommes à la rue, c'est la rue kétanou!

1st official camden town (uk) meet 21st october! see the events bit

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
right now thinking about today at the park this kid, he was around 7 or 8 maybe? Anyway he comes running up to me and says "Are those Poi?" and I was like how cool a kid this young knows what these are. I didnt think anyone in my area had heard of poi never mind a child. I smiled and said "Yes they are.....you've heard of them?" and he goes "yeah , at my summer camp one of my councelers is a martial arts teacher and he did a workshop on spinning poi. I know the forward butterfly, behind the back forward butterfly, over the head butterfly" as he listed them I did them and he got all excited saying "Yeah thats it thats it!!!!!!" then his caregiver asked all kinds of questions about it and then they went and sat at a picnic table and watched me for quite awhile and I could hear the boy telling her all that he knew about poi.
What a great experience I'm still smiling now. biggrin

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Last time I had a smile on my face was last night. Well, this morning and it really was last time. I think I have to go with the two last times.
One was spinning last night in the rain and we had some huge thunderstorms with baseball sized hail. I was just on. All the stuff I had been working on came together at least to some degree. Except of course the elusive btb weave. Grrr. But it was so sweet. The rain was just chill and it was constant lightening.
The other was this morning. For some reason, boyfriend decided to get up and make me breakfast. That was so awesome. I usually just have coffee when I get to work. I got eggs and toast this morning. I wish there was bacon but it is also Good Friday, so I must be conscious of what I eat and we are asked not to eat meat….mmmm, Fish. Oh there goes another smile.

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

daphnePLATINUM Member
91 posts

Posted:
5 min ago.. I was talking with a firend on the phone and explaining her the game.
and earlier when i was talking with my boyfriend.
and 1 hour ago when i was poi-ing with fire...

I generally smile a lot smile

I'll tell you this...
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn. "Jim Morrison"
"...but I, being poor, have only my dreams
I've spread my dreams under your feet
tread softly because you tread on my dreams..." Yeats

3,556 posts

Posted:
So a guy comes over to share a beer with bf and me…we know his brother. Seems nice enough, but a work out guy. Wakes up and does a set of 100 push ups. Boyfriend goes out to meet someone and when he comes back, he’s still coughing and suddenly everything is fascinating and chill all at the same time. He picks up my poi and starts telling our visitor about how I use them and how good I am (so not) and the guy is all “I use numchucks.” Boyfriend bothers me till I agree to a demonstration. Do the few basics I know and decides now socks aren’t good enough, he wants me to find my tails. He takes my socks and is like “oh look I can spin now” Forward spin, keeps smacking self “Sure honey” Guy gets the socks and is doing crossers and thinks he is doing the weave but he is trying to stop all the numchuck wrist action too. So I find my tails and start him with the figure 8, and it helps him see so know he gets it down but his left is messing up. If it wasn’t entertaining before then…
So he is trying to stop all the extra wrist action and slow down his movements, and there has been some drinking and such on their part…he is trying to stop his muscle memory and then he gets closer and thinks he has it, and he sort of does but the socks are too light. I give him the tails and then he is even closer to pulling it together. And then his numchuck training takes over, he is doing it really fast and trying not to switch over to crossers and he has this really concentrated look, you know the look. It looked a little like the drunk spinning on the beach

Meantime, boyfriend has taken up a conversation with my houseplant

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

RumpleSTmember
61 posts

Posted:
The last time I smiled was earlier on, one of my classmates said to me "are you coming out on tuesday?" I said "why, whats happening?" She said "it's your leaving do!"

(im leaving wales in a couple of weeks)

On thursday I was out photographing lightning for the first time and I was totally in my element, im never happier than when Im taking pics, I got a few good ones too.

Also, there was a few people laughing at me saying "look at that idiot trying to photograph lightning, he'll never be fast enough, you'd have to be psychic to pre-empt the next strike!"

I thought "idiot eh?" and it just so happened that i had just got a really good pic of the lightning, so i walked over to the guy and stuck my camera in his face (digital)

And he went "oh...well....in saying that" and I walked off again with the cheesiest grin on my face ever, it felt soooo good ubblol ubblol ubblol

Its a big ol mish mash!

3,556 posts

Posted:
*bump*
when we saw the screaming guy leave the hotel-yay-may the road rise to meet him and kick him in hi censored

Faith

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
Just now when I finished work for christmas....

No more work till the 3rd. Life is good

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
I ALWAYS have a smile on my face
like this one biggrin

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Seeing how happy my friend was when I turned up to her gig last night...and how I won an unrelated bet ubblol

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
*swoon* Whilst talking to one sweet Aussie hippie...just a bit earlier today...makes me smile like a green lil schoolgirl...

K...sorry.....just had to share!!! redface ubblove

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Sunday, when I had an e-mail from Mark saying he wished I was with him in South America. ubblove

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

3,556 posts

Posted:
when all my ex's friends called and wished me merry christmas

Faith

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
last time i had a smile on my face was saturday night wen i went to a perty, the tunes where wicked and i'd not seen anybody iknow from partys in ages...........................oh and i got mashed up for free ubblol

3,556 posts

Posted:
when i got my damien rice and afi cds...oooh and my cool new socks

Faith

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Today, after finally believing in myself smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
whee! that's excellent!!! hug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
now - reading that brenn became a "mee-ist" wink smile hug

still - after reading the signature ubblol ubblol

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

now - reading that brenn became a "mee-ist" wink smile hug

still - after reading the signature ubblol ubblol

Thanks dude! hug
It's great ^_^

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Half an hour ago when Mark came online and we chatted.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
This morning - after a disenchanting evening and a horrible night(mare) I received the message from YouTube customer service, that the user "FireTom" (not me) - who registered "FireTom" at YouTube JUST 2 month before I logged on first time.... rolleyes has successfully transferred his account in my favour. biggrin

Hey Thomas - wherever you are: Sorry that you didn't leave me your eMail or contacts, because I would soooo much love to send you toys, souvenirs and all kinds of stuff, along with LOADS of hug gies - you're a LEGEND!

I hope you will successfully become a firefighter HERO (and live a long life)... rolleyes

wow that made my day so far! *returns outside, dancing and singing in the rain* ubbrollsmile peace

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
just then, whilst taking to miss pip (awaken) because shes so sweet smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Last night, when Lee finally came back home from Brazil! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

3,556 posts

Posted:
boyfriend bought me socks, my guilty pleasure (and not the poi kind, the wearing kind)

Faith

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
When watching this man's pictures

Jon's pictures

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
2 words- nintendo wii biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
my face hurts from smiling so much this weekend, middle of cambridge, 10,000+ people all having a wicked time in a field, nice little party under the bridge and camping area biggrin

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I smiled about 5 seconds ago while playing the patten game

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I was twirling in the park today - nothing fancy, just practising flowers - when this elderly lady came up and said that it looked beautiful. Whoo!

Kupo!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
today.. when we got my physics teacher to swear ubblol

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Page: