Forums > Help! > So lets start at the begining, shall we?

Login/Join to Participate

Kahiataynewbie
13 posts

Posted:
eekIt seems that Ware is not on the map. ubbideaSo I guess it is up to me to do something. Should I purchase a few poi weavesmiley fire poi, staffs, juggle etc, and advertise locally to invite people to join in and find out about this wonderfull form of art.? Sounds possible although I would really appreciate it if I could get some advice and as many opinions on this idea, some thing has to be done, but the way it done is most important. I think confused

Love*Peace*Harmony*Joy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im near Watford at the moment.
I know thats in Hertforshire.
Wheres Ware? umm

I reckon you should goto spinning meetings such as spittalfields market (near Liverpool Street station) on a tuesday night, and basically, goto your local park and spin.

There are more spinners out there than any of us know.

smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I agree with UCoF (for once ubblol ) Go out to a very visible place by day and spin some pretty shiny poi. You will either get lots of people coming up to you to ask you what you are doing, whereby you can do your poi spinning pitch and enrol them into the wonderful world of bruises, or they will come over and tell you that they are also spinners and already enrolled into the wonderful world of bruises.

Good luck in finding people to spin with. If I were you I'd take up Hula Hooping and spread the love of the wiggle as well biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Kahiataynewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Ware is near to Hertford, Bishop Stortford, Harlow ... I am not clued up on the whole north, east, south ,west thing.
....And so I will go to a park, I live on the river Lee so I guess that is a good place to start. Tanks maan. weavesmiley

Love*Peace*Harmony*Joy

Brian:-)BRONZE Member
stranger
37 posts

Posted:
Hi,
I go to a juggling club in Hertford. Some poiers there.
https://whatsgot3.co.uk/
Web site is a bit out of date but the details are on there.

Brian.

Kahiataynewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Great, I will contact you soon, can my four year old join me? do you, well I will bombard you with all my questions as soon as I call
thankx so much : bounce2

Love*Peace*Harmony*Joy

Brian:-)BRONZE Member
stranger
37 posts

Posted:
We have members from 4-80 So is you fit in between these you are welcome. There are a fair mix of skills. Clubs and Balls are predominant but poi, diablo, devil sticks you name it......
If there is anything you want to learn, just ask, someone will show you.
Skill levels from beginner to professional entertainers.

Brian.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Lots of spinners in the home counties, but not too many meets. I'd say getting a club going is a good idea, but yeah, the best way is just to start spinning somewhere visible, arrange a meet in a week or so, try and get lots of your mates together to come to it and anyone who enquires what you're doing, invite them along.

If you ever find yourself near Dunstable of an evening, have a look for us on the downs. Best place to spin in the whole world smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Where is Ware maybie you should say there might be a noob wandering hop somewhere who might be thinking 'im the only one in Ware'

What you can do if you want to get something going yourself is go to some meets close to you (or not possibly close since I dont know where Ware is) and then once your friendly with a few you could all go out together and spin in a park in a little group, try and doa little routine to impress on lookers and things and just geneally have fun spinning, and it would be good practice too!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Where is Ware maybie you should say"

Have you read his location? redface

Oh...

Written by: Kahiatay

Ware is near to Hertford, Bishop Stortford, Harlow

Really, how much of the thread do you read before replying? umm

And I think, if anyone was close enough to Ware to be able to help this poor chappie out, then they would know where it is.

Other than that, I recommened going to Spitz.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I dont even know where these places are 'Hertford, Bishop Stortford, Harlow', so my question still stands lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

*Sigh*

Joe, I hope you don't rely on HoP for all the information you require in life...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Kahiataynewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Am I wrong in thinking that you think I am a he? Well just to set the record straight, I am a she ubbtickled ubbtickled ubbtickled

Ware is just north of London, the area code is SG12, generally when I dont know where a place is .... I look on a map ubbidea that would be the best way to find out where Ware is, as I am no good at the working out of exact locations, sorry bounce2

Brain, thanks for fetching us, we did enjoy it on Tuesday. Do you think it is o.k that my daughter was there, what did every one else think. I will go next week if I can get there, but only if it is fine that my little one comes with, if not, no worry I will come when I can, when she has a baby sitter. juggle

Love*Peace*Harmony*Joy

cjl85ukGOLD Member
7 posts

Posted:
Hey there! I live in a place called Bengeo, 'down the road' from Ware. I would guess that your best bet would be travel down (or up) the Lea to Hertford where you will enter the town through a playing field by the Hartham swimming pool. When the weather gets better many people are around, walking dogs, taking their kids out, playing tennis etc.
You can poi privately in your own spot by the river or stand by the walk way etc. Quite a few youngsters 'hang around' here but you live in Ware, so you are probably used to that! But I reckon their would be intrested as would many people that see poi and etc for the first time.
ROLL ON SUMMER!
You could even go to the college in Ware with some friends and put on a show for the students. I was there not so long ago and could see it benefitting alot of students for stress relief/relaxation etc. People may not be so opened minded straight away but once they have a go and see they can do it they'll be hooked.
The juggling club in Hertford is definately a good place to go. Friendly, helpful people of all ages. Although it's a bit mind boggling to watch the majority of people there as they can really do some amazing things! If your local to the area give it a try!

Kahiataynewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think you are referring to that "club" at that church, opposite the multi storie parking in Hertford? If so, I went there, it was nice but I have a child who is not old enough to attend that particular club so that was that, I need somewhere child friendly when it comes to clubs, as a single parent it is hard to do anything. I often used to walk along the Lee from Ware to Hertford, nice, and you are right, loads of young kids. I dont even own a staff or poi yet, but I love performing so a show is on if I can get it together. beerchug

Love*Peace*Harmony*Joy