Page:
GelatinousRusknewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I've found a cool website that shows me how to make a set of Fire Nunchucks. However, I don't know where I can get the swivel kits from (the ball bearing chain caps). Does anyone know where I could get a set from?

Chz,

"I didn't know he existed until he didn't." - Julius Ceaser

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
you don’t need them

go check out robs stuff on soton-firespinning

he has been doing fire nunchucks for a very long time and is the best person I know who dose them.

Non-Https Image Link

he has put a few build guides together a good pic of attaching the handles together is in his 3 section staff build guide

Non-Https Image Link

but if you thing you really need swivels either dismantle a pair of practice nunchucks or get some of these off hear
parts_brass_swivels

good luck and bee safe they are a bit mad. eek

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

GelatinousRusknewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Cool thanks dude.
I'll be getting stuff to make em tomorrow :P

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Actually I'd say your better off getting a pair of 15" chucks and some 2" wicking and making a cathedral style lump of wick that screws onto the bottom. I've found home-made chucks like this tend to break and fly off. At least get the propper swivel kit, which you can find by searching on google for a "nunchaku ball bearing swivel kit".

Still gotta say I prefer using real chucks and just adding wick though.

GelatinousRusknewbie
4 posts

Posted:
After having seriosuly looked at the site I think I'm going to make msyelf some glow chucks first. I don't fancy setting my face on fire just yet tongue.
I've been using chucks for about a year or so now but when I sit and actually think about it fire chucks seem a tad too scary atm.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I made some like robs but put pipe insulation on instead of wick gives the extra bulk and teaches you to keep your hands away from that bit then doing catches and stuff.

Sign into soton and download some of robs vids they will give you inspiration

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
this one is quite old now he is much better now
Ninjarob - Fun with Nunchucks

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Hate to sound like a kill-joy... But just remember all of you that Nunchaku are illegal in most places fire or not... (even foam covered practice ones are illegal how censored stupid!)
Cheers, Moka

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
yeah fire and weapons, if theres a manlier combination i'm too busy painting my nails to find it. Seriously tho i really want a set of fire chucks i have also been doing nunchucks for about a year, actually two now. I reckon they'd look proper good on fire. Alas i'm a lazy bugger.
GelatinousRusk can put the site up that you've found i'll have a goosey ganders, i've already seen Ninjarobs site
Cheers

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
A year?! I made fire chucks in the first 2 months. They aren't bad at all man. Just make sure you avoid any moves the put the end of the chuck under your forearm. Or at least do em right quick.

If you check out the Ohio Burn Unit video in the videos section theres a short clip in the middle (Beefy) of me using a single pair. The videos 54 megs, and I know thats big for you dial up people who still can't get highspeed... sorry. Over here high speed seems to be becoming the new standard.

GelatinousRusknewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Made myself some of the glow chucks.
They're really cool. I only have small glow sticks at the moment though, don't suppose anyone knows where I can get cheap large glow sticks?
I've been trying to get some photos, one of my mates took a couple of cool ones last night but the small sticks aren't really bright enough.

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
sounds cool. I made a set after breaking the ones i got from jugglingwithatwist.com

SCH 40 pvc with lots of holes cut in in. The lights actually goes into the handle and shines through the holes> cool effect. Planning on making a fire staff so maybe ill do some chucks while im at it biggrin

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i always find it annoying that making glow equipment is harder than making fire equipment.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

EwokkiBRONZE Member
30 posts

Posted:
Written by: GelatinousRusk

Made myself some of the glow chucks.
They're really cool. I only have small glow sticks at the moment though, don't suppose anyone knows where I can get cheap large glow sticks?
I've been trying to get some photos, one of my mates took a couple of cool ones last night but the small sticks aren't really bright enough.

TheGlowCompany Try here, they sell nice big 10" ones

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Just almost finished a pair of Ninjarob nunchucks just the wicking left they are so nice it brings tears to my, soon to be staring at fire nunchucks as they narrowly avoid my face, eyes. (Hmm not sure if that strictly passes as a sentance, alas who can avoid the overwelming power of the unrelated tangent, not me)

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
Wanted to make some too, have the materials, the tools. Now where the hell is my time!?

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
https://salza.se/category.php?c=16
will make u any kind os costum fire weaponds u want as long as thay consider them to be withinreson safe enught. have a look.

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
aright i8beefy2 i acutaly find that useing swivel joints is coniderably weeker than useing fixed joints i've gone though about 5 pairs of nunchucks where the swivile joints have just come appart with ware. thats why i switched to useing fixed joints with no moveing parts there alot stronger and because theres no moveing parts they dont ware down. remember that the joints in nunchucks pull over 60G when been spun fast under those presure the nunchuck swivle kit baresings tend to ware down then come appart.

Moka though your right they are illegal its alot more complicated than that for example in some places there compleatly illegal like holand or certain states in the US (something i think is rediculus as in those same states your aloud guns but not two sticks with string between them confused) finaly in some contrys like england there classed as offensive weapons which puts them in with knuckle dusters and hunting knives etc you can own them and do what you like with them on private property (with the owners permision) but you can't carry them on you in public unless they are in a sealed bag the laws abit sketchy about the what exacly a sealed bag is but essentaly your not aloud to have them someware you can get to them quickly

Devilstick_Russell hopefully by now you've finished your nunchucks any chance you could send me a picture so i could bask in there glory as well biggrin i'ed love to see how they turned out
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1147630339)

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
holy crap... ive actually been doing nun chucks for years... never frickin thought of this... damn... now im getting some gnarly ideas... biggrin

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

SpAcE_BrOtHeRBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
we make fire chucks that break down into poi torches so they are not considered a felony, so you can have firechucks anywhere you go. they use the swivels, and swivels will only break if you dont clean them or lubricate them. swivels are they best way to go with chucks, it allows for much more fluidity.

heres a video of the chucks in action and a picture.

https://mailcenter2.comcast.net/wmc/v/wm/...name=chucks.JPG

https://erichabberfield.com/Uncut-dave-rhymo.wmv

EDITED_BY: SpAcE_BrOtHeR (1148749764)

Borislavnewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Fire nunchaku is great! I'm doing some, and each time the people around me are amazed.

I have a problem. When i swing it fast, especially when I'm doing some atacks, the fire is put off. What fuel do you use?

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
It is true that most places have laws making things like nunchaku illeagle, usually if they're specifically engineered for entertainment purposes (this is where fire nunchaku come into play) it can be considered as a trade tool. This is how martial arts instructors and students are legally allowed to own said weapons.

You should definatly check you're local laws and see if you can find a loophole/exemption to figure out how you need to go about it.

Written by: Moka

Hate to sound like a kill-joy... But just remember all of you that Nunchaku are illegal in most places fire or not... (even foam covered practice ones are illegal how censored stupid!)
Cheers, Moka

albotrossSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
unfortunatly, i live in nsw, n chucks are banned. but im plannin on gettin a traditional weaponry collectors license, so maybey then i can make some glow chucks. i dont think id use fire chucks in a real hurry.

The nite is nearly over, day is almost here. Romans 13:12

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
borislav i had exacly the same problem as you did the problem isn't the fuel your useing its the wick size your wicks are to small you need bigger wicks to stop the flames going out

as for legality if you want to spin nunchucks in public only ever use foam fire or glow nunchucks never the ones made specificaly for fighting also dont cause any trouble or draw any of the wrong kind of attention to your self if the police do approach you be polite and friendly and they shouldn't give you any trouble

also albotross i might be wrong but isn't making nunchucks illegal a violation of the bit in the US constitutional that gives people the right to bare arms? maby you could get round it by sawing two shot guns down to size and attaching them with a chain biggrin that'ed be nunchucks for 21st century warfair and they couldn't do you for it without stoping people haveing guns
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1154528854)

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Fire_Freak_Burnernewbie
13 posts

Posted:
*snip*
EDITED_BY: Pele (1161990445)

Keithbnewbie
1 post

Posted:
 Written by :GelatinousRusk

After having seriosuly looked at the site I think I'm going to make msyelf some glow chucks first. I don't fancy setting my face on fire just yet tongue.
I've been using chucks for about a year or so now but when I sit and actually think about it fire chucks seem a tad too scary atm.

If you can spin the nunchukas then you don't need to worry about the fire. 10 minutes after I started spinning Nunchucks I spun them with fire. There's no reason to be scared of them.

Non-Https Image Link

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I'd say you need quite a bit of experience with chucks... and with fire. With chucks (or at least mine) the fire is a lot closer to you than with poi or staff.

If you mislay one hand and grab the fire... or hit yourself, or...

I agree with Rellizate, I don't believe spinning with fire after 10 minutes on the apparatus was the safest thing to do.
EDITED_BY: natasqi (1211557394)

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I believe Keithb said minutes, not seconds, but that's still an amazingly short time, unless he's had prior experience in martial arts and/or other flail type weaponry.

I'm considering fire nunchaku in the not too distant future smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Thanks Rellizate smile Muchly appreciated! hug

Are you perchance coming to PLAY this year? smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
That's a shame frown

Should you find yourself coming to PLAY let me know smile Always happy to swap skillsets with a fellow martial artist biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Goju-Ryu Traditionalist, but occasionally I sit in on other styles and see what theirs are about, and any concepts I find are very good I take and apply to my own smile

I'm not one for fighting either, it's more of an inner strength and spiritual avenue for me smile hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Page: