• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

DeepSoulSheep
DeepSoulSheep

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2617
Posted:Well tomorrow is the big day. I'm performing at a club for the first time. I haven't really performed in front of other people before and beginning to doubt myself a little.

Anyone got any hint/tips/advice?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Delete Topic

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3638
Posted:smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Delete

_Stix_
_Stix_

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2419
Posted:Thats good advice!

Don't doubt yourself! A few nerves are good.. gives you a buzz..

all I would say is enjoy yourself! AND HAVE FUN! Thats what this is all about really isn't it?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-single
Total posts: 536
Posted:yeah, don't let the b/flies get ta ya.
My first time was at a skating rink, just a few weeks ago, and i was really nervous, but then
when the music started going and stuff it jist felt natural...
and plus noone else there knew how to spin so they loved it.

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Delete

ivan..
ivan..

Total posts: 165
Posted:have fun with what you are doing and have fun with the audience ...after all you are there for them ... so make eye contact, smile, laugh .. have fun and let them know it's fun !!!

did i say FUN!!!!

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

Delete

PK_
PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:allways smile, dont show nervousness, acknoledge that there is an audiance but just pretend that they are not there and do what you do when you practice...... wicked have fun and enjoy it.
chin up!
Respekt

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

Fire_Emanator
Total posts: 96
Posted:DON'T have an accident!

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

Delete

SickpuPpy
SickpuPpy

Ninja Rockstar!
Total posts: 1100
Posted:Breathe

And bear in mind at all times that there is no spoon.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Delete

flid
flid

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:I did my first club performance on the weekend, just get up there and enjoy yourself.

Remember that out of all the people in the room, you are most likely the only person who is sobar, pretty much everyone else will be more impressed by the fact that you can make swirly light type things than what tricks you can perform .

At the end of the day, to non poi people, most of the easier moves look as or more impressive than more advanced - munted/drunk people just arn't going to care if its a 3 beat or 7 beat weave. Therefore transitions of easier moves (eg forwards weave into backwards weave into windmill into corkscrew and back) will look as good as attempting hard things, without the risk of smacking yourself.

Most importantly, just enjoy yourself. I haven't had the oppertunatey to spin to loud pumping music before, so it's the first time I really started dancing whilst spinning. Personally I really enjoyed the experience.

Delete