Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > wounded if you could help me plz.

Login/Join to Participate

jinx-raverbirdSILVER Member
59 posts

Posted:
hello, iv bin spinning for about 1year now and i think im doing quite well, but i have a problem.....im not shore wot move its called but iv bin trying to get this for abit now.

(sorry about the spelling n gramma im pants at this im dyslexsic but hear gose.)

you no when you spin a 3beat weav to the side of you insted of in front. then take it across the front of you to the other side with out moving your feet. well iv bin doing a 5 beat weav on my left side (makes a ful circle behind you) then bringing it across my front but i can NOT get a 5 beat weave the other side.!!! i just cant seem to swing it in anuff to get the full circle behind me..... frown and im not shore if im ment to be putting a exstra spin in front iether....

has any one got any tips PLZZZZZZZZZ. thank u rolleyes

that will b alrite!

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I think I know what's happening here.

Try bending your legs, so when the 5 beat goes behind you on your right, bend your right leg and stretch out a little. Do the same for the left side, but bend the left leg.

Dong this is going to change the angle of your torso a little to make the whole thing feel a little bore like you're spinning the weave in front of you, and once you've got the hang of bending your legs, it's just a matter of working on flexability until you can do this with your legs straight.

IMO the bent leg thing looks cooler though, as it gives you a wider stance.

59 posts

Posted:
thank you very much you a star!!!!!! i got it one side,

think its coz i cant quite get the 5beat weav backwards both side smooth with out looking like im trying to doge a bee as well, must practice more! lol

thanks again!

that will b alrite!

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Written by: jinx-raverbird

looking like im trying to doge a bee as well

This is the most accurate description of how most of my spinning looks that I think I've ever read. I KNEW it reminded me of something whenever I see myself in a mirror! Thanks!

to live at all is miracle enough

59 posts

Posted:
lol bless your hart. but dont worry im with u on the bee doging heehee

that will b alrite!

ChaosQueenGOLD Member
10 posts

Posted:

thank you very much you a star!!!!!! i got it one side,

think its coz i cant quite get the 5beat weav backwards both side smooth with out looking like im trying to doge a bee as well, must practice more! lol

thanks again!

Yes yes! If you can get the reverse weave, then you will be able to do it. In order to do the 5beat on both sides, you must know both the foward and reverse 5 beat. HOP has a lesson that teaches the reverse weave, BUT it's really hard to see...Try going to videos and watching PupDawg's videos "slow" is the name of one that has some reverse's I think...Good luck!! I used to do the SAME thing!! But I got it recently. smile:) weavesmiley

*With Love and Light*

59 posts

Posted:
thank u hun, yes i got farward n back wards just needs tidying up now. u all very nice in helping. think i need to meet up with u lot and watch your stuff (",)

that will b alrite!

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:

with out looking like im trying to doge a bee as well,

ubblol Thanks for giving me a laugh this morning I needed that, such a good description, jinx you are a genius

Motley

59 posts

Posted:
lol thank u, glad i came in usefull (",)

that will b alrite!