Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
Thought some of you might find this amusing:I was walking down the street last Friday swinging my practice poi in a reverse weave... on my way to my usual practice spot, when I got a fairly typical "Hey, what are those?" I responded with a fairly typical explanation of what "those" are, exchanged smiles and handshakes, and proceeded along my merry way. A few minutes later, the guy who had asked me what I was doing came running after and asked me if I could stop for a moment to be in the amateur movie he was shooting for film school... entitled "ObiDonQuixote"... the tail of a crazed man and his sidekick who think they are......Jedi Knights......wandering present day Seattle. So... I spent ten minutes spinning while I guy in brown bathrobe and baggy pants batted at my poi with a toy light saber.Go figure.At least I had been polishing my windmills...

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Bwwwaaaahahahahhahah HAHAHahahha....i find that hilarious!!!four yrs from now there will be a major motion picture that is the debut of a new director that will blow all other movies away..(sort of like 6th sense and it director) then on the DVD release it will have that dudes early films..then in one of those early films youll see Twist spinning with some cook hacking away at his Poi.Thats a cool story twist, it gave me my daily reccomended serving of laughing.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
That's hilariousYou're a good sport Twist.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

firenomadmember
26 posts

Posted:
I was twirling with practice poi one day in the botanical gardens, overlooking Sydeny harbour, and a group of 40 school kids aged about 7/8 came along the footpath.I put on a little show for them and got gasps and applause. Maybe I've helped to create the next generation of twirlers who will watch that movie!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
That's awesome...When i read your story twist, I started laughing like hell.Ya' know one of those laugh-really-hard-loose-concentration-and fall-backwards-in-a-chair kinda laughs (N8 rubs the bump on his head)Sheesh, so funny it hurts...think i'm gonna go put some Ice on this now.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
happy bump day.

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
hahah nice

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!