MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yesterday I got my first acrylic CJ ball (clear). For whatever reason, I showed it to my dog and shes petrified of it. I showed it to a friend's dog and he was scared of it also. Has anyone else noticed this and/or know why that might be? Im only guessing that it has something to do with their color blindness and it may look strange to them but I really have no idea why they would be scared of such a thing.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
i think it's cause the don't don't know that it works like a lens and distorts what you see though it? i could be wrong... my dog didn't care about my acrylic ball

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
I've had a cat freak out alittle each time you isolate it, thats about as close as i can get though. But it is a weird cat anyway biggrin

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Mot Stop isolating your cat! That's just mean and nasty!! ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
My dog has a phobia of david bowie, thats why

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Nikki20newbie
11 posts

Posted:
Awe thats really sweet...I use poi and have 3 jack russells, but unfortunately for me one of my dogs (Trevor) loves them and tries to eat them everytime I practice!! I've found myself having to drive to local sports fields or other wide open spaces so I can just get a bit of practice in!! never mind....his cuddles make up for it, lol
hug biggrin

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

My dog has a phobia of david bowie, thats why

Is it David Bowie in general, or just the codpiece he wears in Labyrinth?

Most people can stand David Bowie, but that codpiece has been known to clear entire villages within minutes when it gets too close wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've been in love with David Bowie since I was 5 years old and I wanted to be Hoggle in Labyrinth just so I could fall to my knees and grab his leg ubblol

I know he is getting on a bit now, but who could resist the skinny sexy lil bod of Ziggy? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....*le sigh*

Oops sorry! I'll stop making you all feel a bit queasy and shut up now.

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
Skully - I totally agree with you. There's something just irresitably sexy about the man, especially before he had his teeth straightened (I think he's actually had them de-straightened again now - clearly mine was a popular view). Mmmmmmm. David Bowie. Mmmmmm.

to live at all is miracle enough

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Here you go then you pervs

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

150 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm. I'm torn between fear and lust.

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Only a man who is truely pure evil can look that damn good in make up and very bad hair, honestly i've tried I'm just not quite evil enough.
A few more ruthless murders ought to do it.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ugh. I cant believe this Bowie trash is polluting what would otherwise be a very informative thread... Sigh.

And to think, I dont even need to be practicing this juggling crap. All I gotta do is make a movie and fake it and people will remember me forever!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol Sorry Icon hug

I think your dog probably is scared of it because it gives her a distorted reflection of herself. That's enough to freak with any dogs head, a ball with a dog inside.

150 posts

Posted:
Interestingly, my dog doesn’t pay any attention to his reflection at all, even when it’s seen in a glass door at night so it could look like there’s another dog out there. I wondered if it was because a reflection doesn’t have a doggy smell, but that doesn’t explain why he’s not interested when he sees himself in a glass door like that, as he wouldn’t be able to smell the other dog anyway. He’s VERY interested if he sees a real dog (or squirrel, badger, interesting leaf, imaginary enemy etc) through the door, so I have no idea why he doesn’t respond to reflections. He’s not normally the brightest, so I’d be surprised if he’d figured out that the reflection isn’t real. Maybe he’s a vampire dog and can’t see his own reflection. I don’t know how he’d respond to an acrylic ball, but I rather imagine he’d be similarly unenthused, unless he decided it was a toy.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Miranda (mewcat)

He’s VERY interested if he sees a real dog (or squirrel, badger, interesting leaf, imaginary enemy etc) through the door, so I have no idea why he doesn’t respond to reflections.

Prehaps he isn't vain... biggrin

I know guys that find CJ balls fairly weird "Whoah... its upside down and back to front... mental" (he was sober and everything rolleyes

So maybe dogs freak out because of the crazy reflection, like Skully said. smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
my dogs so used to me doing all forms of juggling she doesnt ussualy notice an acyrlic to the head let alone get scared when she see's it. :P

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
David Bowie was part of the reason i took up contact juggling (even if it isnt him doing it)

I aint gay. but for bowie.... hhmmm...

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
I was gutted when i found out it was someone elses arms doing Bowies contact juggling in Labryinth. Yep, i was so distrught that i burnt all the pairs of worryingly revealling leggings that i have collected as homage to the man, the legend, the Bowie!

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
ahh labyrinth

my dog was very afraid of the poi...he didn't mind the sock but the tailed ones he used to run and hide from...now he peeks at me from around the corner while i practice...the other night he just went to bed and ignored me while i spinned...

as for reflections, i never hung up my full length mirrors because he likes to have his reflections keep him company during the day when he isn't burrowing in my bed while i am at work

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed