Forums > Social Chat > I'm pretty new here...

Login/Join to Participate

Big Daddi-Yomember
21 posts

Posted:
Hey Everyone,I'm new here and new in this wonderful world of poi. I have been yo-yoing for 4 years or so (I'm 15 now) and I saw some poi at the Michigan state yo-yo championships for 2001. The people that tried em' were just swinging them back and forth and in basic circles, but it looked cool enough. So, a short while after I saw that, I made a set out of some thick yo-yo string and balled up pieces of cloth just to try out some basic tricks like butterfly. After that, I got a better set made out of thicker cord and tennis balls and learned some more stuff like The Weave and Corkscrew and some other easier moves. Now, I have a couple cool chain sets of poi that I just love! I just love whippin' them around doin' triple/quadrouple Corkscrew mixes and weaves. *sigh* I can't wait to get into more advanced moves!~Derrick

Wow! Check out this bagel I found behind my refridgerator!

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Hooray! Sounds like you're well on your way!This is a great place to collect tips and get advice. Keep at it!Incidentally, I saw some amazing yo-yo tricks this weekend, displayed by ShawnF of this UBB. Fantastic stuff!! I was so impressed!Anyway, welcome aboard this crazy bus..-protie

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
pretty soon youl;l becalling yourself BigDaddy-Poi... grinThats awesome BDY. i alwayswanted to get better at Yo-yo's i have a massive collection of 3 tricks grin grin But i do them well dammit!welcome aboard! Since i have been here i have started into a different mind set. You ont be dissapointed.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
God i hate welcome speaches.I always get to them late tongue !!!!!so big daddy poi-o,,,,,,,,, what superman said... is true.(super, i couldn't ave said it better myself)happy twirling, and stick at it.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
here here to that.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

Big Daddi-Yomember
21 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the welcome guys! One thing I've noticed is that poi can be humbling! There's nothing like hittin' yourself in the head with a chain to put you back in your spot! hehe, I really need to practice... so, bye!~Derrick

Wow! Check out this bagel I found behind my refridgerator!