Forums > Social Chat > What's going to happen...

Login/Join to Participate

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I was wondering a few things lately, like whats too happen after our bodies die. What's to happen to our souls, eneregy, or what ever you may call your beinging other than your body.

However, I wish to just say first off that nobody is to say "No, that's not right. I don't think that's what will happen." Because everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

You see, I was driving today and something in me just clicked, what if we are nothing but somebodies dreams. What if everything you see was as it was thousands of years ago, living as we all do today. Until a war broke out killing just about everybody alive. I believe that a hand full people of gave up their lives willingly to dream our lives as they were so that we may continue living. But what happens when they stop dreaming, you can't dream all the time right, so when they awaken you finish being, and rejoin everybody as they were.

Life is just continuous.

What's your beliefs???, come one come all...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
What an interesting and exciting topic to discuss!
I am not sure, its such a hard one. I definitely believe that the energy or soul of a person goes on after death. But maybe thats because when people that are close die, its a way of coping with it. I like the idea of karma, and re - incarnation. I just think that people have energy which goes on after death, but where or how I have no idea!
I like to think my dad (who died about 5 years ago) is watching over me and keeping me safe

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have no idea, but I have this crazy belief in reincarnation.

I'll let you know when I get there...if I can let you know.

(Oh, and the rest of you are wrong. )

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
A drug addled ex flat mate of mine had the theory that the world was the dream of a hare krishna who dreamt us all up and if he stopped believing in us the world would end.

He did not have an answer

It amazes me that people can look at theories of evolution and believe thats all there is to it. Nature is pretty bloody amazing and intelligent so therefore is there a true entity that is mother nature creating us all? Science and technology can only give us a small insight into the answer.

In the beginning what was there? Does existence come from belief? What gave us that belief? What turned us from a 'nothing' into the neverending story. How many billions of years ago has the world been in existance and how did it come to exist in the first place?

I think there could be something in the celestine prop. view - 10 steps to heaven, similar to teachings by St. Paul. (as you know reincarnation is not a catholic belief)

My boyfriends biggest fear is that we are in 'the matrix'. He likes the theory that we evolved, we are born and we die.

Thats a view I can entertain, but not fully accept. I believe we were created by something.
Pawns of the gods, an interesting experiment perhaps?

In which case the universe is one big matrix.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I believe our energy lives on. Love is probably the most unexplainable intangible emotion and I don't think that is coincidence. Love is the meaning of life. We spend our entire lives drawn to our twin flame and in some lives we may be friends in others lovers but we keep finding each other. I know who mine is, do you?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
or an experiment by an aliens perhaps?

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Back in Celtic days they believed that your soul was kept alive by the stories people would tell of your exploits while you were alive on Earth... Beowulf is a great example of this style of thinking.

Norse thought if you were a brave warrior in life your soul would be preserved in Valhalla to fight as a soldier in the neverending war of the gods (wake up, war, fall asleep, wake up healed for another day of war... rather monotonous).

Buddhist females who lead good lives get to come back as men, while men who lead good lives free themselves of the Wheel of Karma and get to transcend existence to a higher state (a bit sexist?)

Of course I'm generalizing here but these are a few of the theories I just found incredibly neat and had to share.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
So, Mike, where are all the new souls coming from? And how d you know if you are a reincarnation or not?

And as long as we're on this subject- who's seen waking life? And could we in fact just keep dreaming after we die?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
almost every faith suggests an afterlife of some sort that encourages us to try to act properly and fairly to others ... and i follow one of those religions so hopefully, when i die i'll still live on ... and if i live this life well enough the next life will be pleasant.. but i'm in no rush to see

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Kyri, I think that new souls are created just to fill new bodies. As new species evolve, new souls evolve to fill them, and as species die out, their souls die out with them. I am not sure that the soul is eternal. In fact, I doubt it is, because what a meteor destroyed all life on Earth and that's all the life there was in the Universe?

So I think that souls can be created and destroyed out of nothingness and back into nothingness...because all a soul is...is nothingness.

And Waking Life is one of only two movies I have ever seen that goes down as "Life-Changing." The other was Baraka.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
i love pondering and meditating on this particular topic. It's fantastically entertaining, and i don't think i'll ever tire of it. there are infinite possiblilities, and the great thing is that each one is as likely to be as true as the next. No-one can tell you you're wrong, because they don't know.. Everyone is right, in whatever they choose to believe. (and Waking Life is truly an amazing movie.)

the one i'm currently considering is that after we die, we exist in a dream state which consists only of the things we know/knew in this 'life'. and we will continue to exist in this state, until we realise and accept that life itself was a dream, and to progress any further we need to let go of everything we once held on to so tightly. if your mind is unable to let go, you'll end up spending all eternity in this state, wishing you could go back to right your wrongs, erase your regrets, and do it the way you wish you had when you actually had the potential to do anything, but chose un-wisely.

- so basically, you spend as long as you need to in this dream state. If you were 100% happy with your life (from the perspective of your 'real' self, not your ego) and who you are/were, then there'll really be no need for it at all. It's like meeting yourself for the first time.. seeing who you 'were', from the perspective of who you really 'are'. I'd imagine for those so out of touch with themselves, this could probably be quite a shock and could be very hard to accept.

what lies beyond the dream state? i like to think that our souls/spirits continue on, and that we actually become a little part of God. I believe that in this life we are each already our own God (as we are the ones who have the ability to judge every single action of our lives, and have endless power over 'who' we are, and the actions we take) - so after our material/physical existence has ended, the collective consciousness of all life, together as one, is 'the' God. And we proceed to watch over and observe the universe, from this perspective.

what i can't answer is: what is the purpose of the existence of 'the' God. and why does this system exist at all in the first place.

Then again, maybe earth is a free-range breeding farm, and we humans are nothing more than Angel food.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.