Forums > Videos > Drews Poi and Stick Video Blog

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
clap wow

You'll find more posts to more links to video clips in every post I make in this thread - Look out for 3 angels angel angel angel

smile

Todays video for your pleasure:

Baton twirling - Sheryl Welykholowa, Jill Ford, Stacy Singer - Triple Threat

Linky linky

Details: On stage probably 2002 . A super tight performances from world champion standard baton twirlers.

Amazingly talented trio including Stacy Singer doing monster rolls - a move apparently invented for her and remamed matrix by the edinburgh staff twirlers.

See Glitzy stuff, 3 baton juggling, contact sequence and some qualilty strutting about.

If you like this, make a post below. If you have any requests, I can post them too. biggrin

Dr Ew rolleyes

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

9 minutes of russian bouncy goodness.

eek A triple into 4 man high!!!!!??!?!?! Shiiiiiiii.... I've seen 5 (wo)man high live in Soleil's Dralion but I think this was even more crazy..

Point your toes.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
I offially declare cats to be on topic for this post only:

Where is your kitty?
https://shadowdane.shackspace.com/cats.htm

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol Drew, that was funny, and I definately saw some of those kittys manipulating objects so "technically"...its on topic! wink

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
who wants to come to the tate modern smile
"buildings throughout the world should have slides"

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3681938.stm

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
B-Boy BATTLE
Salah vs Tommy Boy

Gets a bit long in the second half, but watch the first half
biggrin

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
ME me ME!

I want to come to the tate modern with you on Wednesday morning!

Are you busy?

ps. I am serious hug smile

pps. I loved the man with a kazoo and a guitar. Well, I love his little pupetty friend more. He is credited with getting me to finish my thesis biggrin

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Where the hell is Matt

Wonderfull video of a man dancing around the world. The sound is great too smile

Kick ass Parkour

This the best parkour vid I've ever seen. Again, turn up the sound if you can smile

Love is the law.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Not sure if I'll be shouted at for this being off topic...but its certainly a very bizarre illusion...

Man with odd head illusion

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ado-p

Where the hell is Matt

Wonderfull video of a man dancing around the world. The sound is great too smile

ubblol I've seen this guys dancing world tour part 1!

I'd love to know what he does for a living, from what I've seen all he does is travel. Luck barsteward. rolleyes

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

Kick ass Parkour

This the best parkour vid I've ever seen. Again, turn up the sound if you can smile

NOT PARKOUR! Loads of flips in that vid from what I've seen... Some big ass jumps and some hella pointless outdoor crap too. I wish these idiots would stop posting frickin' videos filled with XMA tricks and parkour, instead of just parkour.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
frown

Sorry meg.... smile I didnt realise that parkour didnt have flips in it... I could see the xma well enough....

Its still a bloody awesome video. smile

Love is the law.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
don't listen to her aiden - its bullsh*t that that video's not parkour.

if you are serious meg, at least give us your narrowminded definition of what you think parkour is so we can laugh at you properly.

i'm with aiden - that's one of the best parkour videos i've seen in a good while.

cole. x

p.s. old video of david and cyril doing parkour with plenty flips:

https://www.parkour-videos.com/on-avance-toujours-et-vous

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
okay, so like david belle influenced by his father made parkour. And then he defined it as being any movement of the human body used when in an emergency situation, ie, to escape from someone / something or to rescue or to reach. So parkour is to get from one place to another in the most efficient way possible. (thou not necessarily the most effficient route.)

So why when you're trying to run away from a lion do you do a full twisting straight gainer off a wall? You would save yourself, your energy and the chance of a bad landing by just jumping off it.

David belle has explicitly stated that flips aren't parkour. He made up the art, are you going to argue with him?

Flips can be part of the art d'deplacement and of the 'method natural' made by george herbert, (french dude) which parkour had roots in also, but flips aren't part of parkour.

And if we're being very exact none of what you see on that video is parkour. It's just training for parkour. (flips can be training for parkour) It's like saying that a video of someone learning first aid on a doll is in fact first aid. It's not. First aid is when you use the stuff you've learned on somebody when they need it. It's the same with parkour.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

p.s. old video of david and cyril doing parkour with plenty flips:

https://www.parkour-videos.com/on-avance-toujours-et-vous

he also punches a punch bag. So I guess that's parkour too right?

That video was made in order to show off david's skills and get him work. It's not purely parkour because he can do far more.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
purist claptrap i say! tongue

this is the whole free-running-is-not-parkour 'debate' [yawn]

the original definition of parkour is so limiting that i don't believe anyone other than belle can really be considered to have ever been a traceur - and these days, belle doesn't perform pk either.

videos of parkour would be boring as its just somone running (unless they actually had the lion chasing them in it too wink ) - even that old vid of belle back in the woods had somersaults in it shrug

you say "parkour is to get from one place to another in the most efficient way possible. (thou not necessarily the most effficient route.)"

which is not only somewhat of a contradiction, its backwards - its *all* about the route.

the vaults and jumps are just used to stop you having to run around an object or find some stairs.

ben aoues said: “The most important thing really is the harmony between you and the obstacle; the movement has to be elegant, that's what will make it prettier. Length and distance only add to the beauty of the move, if you manage to pass over the fence elegantly that's beautiful, rather than saying ‘I jumped the lot.’ What's the point in that?”

that doesn't sound like the purist "its only parkour if i'm pretending to be running away from a lion" standpoint to me...

even seb foucan uses 'parkour' and 'free running' interchangably - his philosophy on the whole artform is far more universal than belle's and he seems to prefer to manifest different aspects of parkour depending on what he wishes to achieve at any one particular time.

anyway, just about every video i have seen with david belle, most of them produced years back, have some kind of flip in them - i challenge you to find me a david belle video that doesn't have any unnecessary movement in it whatsoever.

i reckon this is a case of someone trying to hold onto their claim to a movement style and deny any evolution of it unless they instigate that evolution - its sad:

david belle does 'parkour' - everyone else does 'free running'.

micheal moshecn does 'dynamic manipulation' - everyone else does 'contact juggling'.

its semantics and at the end of the day, you are technically correct meg.

but i am totally happy to disagree with belle and say that parkour has evolved beyond his original definition, and much of the reason for that evolution is his own blurring of the lines when performing parkour.

besides, how many lions do you get chasing you around cities these days anyway?! wink

cole. x
EDITED_BY: coleman (1160737767)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
depends how many terrorists decide to blow up the zoo. If you'd seen the psychotic leopard pacing up and down in ours, you'd be scared.

There is no 'pure' or 'purist' parkour. There is only parkour. There is also the art of movement(art d'deplacement), but blatently, because that has a different name, it's not parkour.

Yes indeed, it is pretty boring to debate this again, mostly because I have the founder of parkour on my side, and because your wrong. I don't argue siteswap with you, why do you argue parkour with me?

With parkour, when somebody is chasing you, you might choose a different route to when a lion is chasing you. A person might have to stop and climb over a railing that you vaulted and the lion might run under it. If you're trying to get away from somebody a circular route can be useful. So the route doesn't have to be efficient, only the movement. A more efficient route energy wise would be walking around the obstacles. Which is why I clarified my definition.

Jerome ben aoues has changed his tune since he said that. For freerunning / the art of movement that's perfectly acceptable. It's still not that case for parkour. Thou that does generally come with the training anyway.

"Even" seb foucan? seb foucan? Seb didn't help 'found' parkour. He learned from david for a while.

Daivd belle with no flips? The b13 intro. done. It's been posted loads before also. Mostly by me.

so if you were trying to get work as a juggler, you'd make a promo video with just siteswap? No arms mills, no btb... no you'd include everything you can do. Like david did.

Hey is parkour? No it's you jumping about in a foam pit.

https://parkour.net/parkour/articles/item.php?itemid=16

and even better:

https://parkour.net/modules/newbb/viewtop...e=0&start=0

scroll down to the pkdanno post.

If you're trying to wind me up, you have done. well done.

david belle isn't trying to hold onto the definition. The community of long term dedicated traceurs is. Including me.

and this totally isn't the place for this discussion.

Look! My post had a video in!
EDITED_BY: mcp (1160738926)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i'll pm yoo instead hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I like running around with no clothes on

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Durbs you missed outthe video link! wink

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
ooops, yep - sorry

https://www.burnttoast.co.uk/streak_lrg.avi

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Didja click it hmmm? Didja? wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dude....look at my avatar...are you reallythat suprised? ubblol

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Kick ass Parkour

NOT PARKOUR! Loads of flips in that vid from what I've seen... Some big ass jumps and some hella pointless outdoor crap too. I wish these idiots would stop posting frickin' videos filled with XMA tricks and parkour, instead of just parkour.

Written by:

staff: A stick or cane carried as an aid in walking or climbing.

A stout stick used as a weapon; a cudgel.

I wish kids would stop posting videos where they're spinning big sticks and calling it staff. If you're not using it to aid in walking, climbing or as a weapon it's not a staff.

tongue

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i take most of what i said up there back.

ultimately: i'm wrong, meg's right (dammit! wink )

that ain't parkour though (and nor is pretty much any other video you've seen of people running around outside).

free running it is, parkour it ain't.

what i learnt today:

its a complicated issue as parkour has been grossly misrepresented by the media as well as by some of the people you'd least expect it from.

parkour has a strong philosophy and history behind it that very few people (as far as i can see it) understand.

mr belle didn;t do a great job of communicating that philosophy or setting parkour apart from the other (often very similar looking) activities he exhibits.

as such, i don't think there's much chance of the ethos of pk spreading much further thqan it already has and there's a much greater chance of free running becoming the more popular and more widely accepted form of this style of movement.

cole. x

*apologies to droo for the temporary thread derailment*

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Kautshukkiakrobaatti Ten Belkier, Musikaalinen klovni Mr. Bunny, Francis & Lotte Bruun @ Cabaret Kaivohuone, Helsinki, Finland 1947

https://www.yle.fi/elavaarkisto/?s=s&g=4&ag=30&t=293&a=2297

Point your toes.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Antti - thank you thank you thank you.
A young Francis brunn video I'd never seen. He's brilliant.

In honour, your've inspired me to go video hunting, and so its Brunn family week on MoM, I've got 7 more videos to post (over there). www.ministry of manipulation.com

and for now:
I wish I could draw and paint like this:

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
This has staff twirling in it.
I'm posting it because I couldn't believe that it was as bad as it is:

Power lifter stage fighting in the worst possible way.
More brawn than brains.
Especially for Meg and Antti
Enjoy it,
Drew

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Thats not a woman! Its two blokes!
The one with the long blonde hair has breasts far too large to be a female weightlifter! eek

I like the bit where one "kicks" the stick out of the other's hands.. ubblol

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Mobile clubbing in loverpool street last week, it was great:
video:
https://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satelli...ticleController
(fun dancing not manipulation, but happy)
Newspaper article:
https://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1922449,00.html

Its Brunn Family week over on MoM, Theres a lot of video footage to be posted this week smile
of people doing impossible things smile
Drew

Page: ......