• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Help needed at Firefighters pickets, UK

Login/Join to Participate

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 998
Posted:Someone just emailed this to me. Thought I'd put it here to get more notice. Will delete it tomorrow night. You may also want to contact the firefighters to get permission too

quote: Hi
this is really last minute and I'm sorry for the lateness but I just thought of this idea
I am a member of RoR - a samba band that does political protest in the U.K and internationally.
We are playing tomorrow night at a couple of firefighters picket lines and it would enhance the performance if there were a few firetwirlers performing with us. We won't be able to pay anyone - we do these things for free ourselves, but it's a great cause and I'm sure anyone who came along would really enjoy it.
we will be meeting at the QMMAC centre at Queensland Road, Holloway at around 6:30pm and then making our way to Upper Street Fire Station to play at around 7:30pm. we will then probably be going to Mt Pleasant fire station after this.
If it is too late to organise and you can't make it but are interested in the idea of working with us then please contact us - you can phone Jude on 020 7622 5069.
thanks for your time

Jude x

[ 27. November 2002, 10:34: Message edited by: Malcolm ]

"May your balls always burn"

Delete Topic

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 998
Posted:I found her website (I think)
Pink Poi will like it I feel
Rhythms of Resistance

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:Wow...what a cool website!
A lovely shade of pink if you ask me!

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Jez

addict

Total posts: 642
Posted:So much fun yesterday, you would not believe. We got oodles of support and the samba band were great and very friendly. We managed to get some great pictures playing with fire in front of loads of firemen. Even got a pic of me firebreathing with all the firemen standing behind me.

I think Hels enjoyed the company of the fireman the most!!!!

RoR were also very eager to hook up with firespinners more often.

So finally thanks Malcolm for posting that up I am soooo glad I went!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:Thanks Jez for rubbing it in!
You know i couldn't go but wanted to. I hate living outside london during the week. I miss all the fun

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:Me too .. I never get to join in any fun.. and most of the time it's on a skool nite..

Oh well.. Glad it was such a good nite!

If they ever want to do anything on a weekend - I'M THERE!!!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Soleil

Total posts: 41
Posted:We've been doing some things here and my work sent pizzas so its starting to look good.

Lots of fun and thanks to the people who give us left over kevlar!

Sol xx

HEEEEEEEEED!!

Delete