Page:
Str8JakitDealing in Perception & Probability
135 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if this should be in descussion or chat. This would be "normal" convesation to my friends and I, but it may be a discussion to others. So...whatever. On to my point....

Last night, as I was reading, the people in the appartment above me begain to fight; again. It happens at least 3 times a week, and they are not shy about it. Any way.....
I was thinking to myself, what would I do if something major happened during this fight? E.G. he tossed her off the 2nd floor balcony (that's where they were fighting this time) I thought out what I would do, all the way down to what i would say to the police. Then the most humbeling thought came to my mind. Nothing like that ever happens to or around me. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing. By all accounts it's not. But still.....

It seems to me that nothing extraordinary ever happens to or around me. Now I know to most of you this seems highly narcissistic. And in a way it is. But the thought of living an "ordinary life" bothers the piss out of me! To become one of the nameless, a number, forgotten. It's a truely humbeling thought to me.
don't worry I'm getting to the point
So I was wondering, what thoughts humble others? And that's my point. I want to know and talk about what humbles you......
Now I understand that extraordinary things happen to people all over the world each day. And alot of them are negative. So before one of you goes off on how I should be thankful for this, and greatful for that, let me just state, I am thankful that nothing seriously negative has happened to me. And I am greatful for the gifts the universe has given me. But being forgotten is my humbeling thought.

Legal and illegal are a point of view. All that matters is morality.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

Str8JakitDealing in Perception & Probability
135 posts

Posted:
Janice: that's a good one. i remember when my daughter was born. man it felt like the universe stoped the first time i held her. you're right, it's humbeling...

Legal and illegal are a point of view. All that matters is morality.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
More often than not my Friends humble me,, they can say and do things that make me look at everything i do and think 'wow,, if only i could do something half as meaningful then I'll have accomplished something'

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

SalciliaBRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
I really think this thread is great. Well done Mr./Mrs creator! beerchug

I think we all have too many humbling thoughts to count... something that really humbles me is how really, we don't know much. 'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing', after all...

We're only here for a short amount of time, and we know not what lies beyond when we die. (I'm not religious, not trying to preach biggrin) 'What's death like?' is something I often wonder about too.

My two cents

There appears a flight of dragons without heads. Good fortune.

Page: