Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I ant to know where everyones inspirations and what are everyones reasons for choosing there hop names.

Mine comes from me thinking (many years ago before I got into the internet) that all domains with a dot come are allways going to be full of americans. Ive been using it for years.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Mine came from i song i liked called 'the Crowd' By the Cat Empire.

It goes...'I'm Just Another Clown Kicking Around in Melbourne Town, Calling Out, Relaxing, Watching The World Go Round'

I loved the song so much that i used some of the words. Even though im not from australia.

Great thread idea wink

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
My name is tiffany and everybody calls me tiff, so i decided to put an X at the end of my nickname! im a genius!!! (not, im just crap really!!) tee hee smile

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol isnt it, even if I do say so myself, mwhaha

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
Well i couldnt think of anything cool so i just used my nickname, yup its lame but ummm...well i dunno redface

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Wow look, 3174 members have joned inbetween me signing up and you signing up Tiff, all within 2 months!

TiffXBRONZE Member
76 posts

Posted:
wow thats alot of people, makes me feel kinda small in a way....ah well.. smile

dude, just read ur bio, crouching tiger hidden dragon is wicked!! its one of my faves!!! wink
EDITED_BY: TiffX (1136326164)

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
*sigh* I swear there is already a thread about this somewhere.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I thought there might be, I tried searching for it but it didnt bring up anything I tried, then again search never brings up the results I want

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
years ago i was called baby cause i was youngest of my crowd and smallest so same as in dirty dancing my friends and family caled me baby, then one night at work in a nightclub a mate was drunk and sent a text saying hello babyboo im watching you and i got paranoid and was looking for him and he wasnt there watching really

sort of stuck since and my names dani so there dani_babyboo

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

then again search never brings up the results I want

Well you're just not trying hard enough then! wink

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Yeah - there are actually a few threads about this around the place, however due to the constant influx of new members, we let a new thread on the subject pop up now and then.....

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
my name erm is a weird one, well lauz is short for laura (i dislike my name and think the letter z is cool) and caterpilla, well erm i'm random and like caterpilla's so i made myself into one biggrin oooo 7 th of jan is national human caterpilla day ( i invented it) and yes i know my spelling of caterpilla is incorrect biggrin

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
I figured that if I didn't use sparkey my computer would explode.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It's my name wink biggrin My name on HoP was different for quite a while and when I was a prolific poster, but I found that people constantly calling me by it in person got so annoying I just used my real name instead, it makes meeting HoPpers people far more appealing ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Well, My original name was Loves the Circus, but everybody Shortened it to LTC, so I just went with it.

I don't want to have my name as just 'LTC' though, so I change it now and again, when I encounter something that fits those initials...

I was Loves the Circus, because at Uni, I was always Juggling, and my friends said that I loved the Circus. and it stuck.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
MiG's been my self chosen taggy thing for...a long time now. Since i was in year 8, i reckon, and i'm now 3 years out of school, so *counts on fingers* 8 years ago. I can't remember what it stands for, or why i picked it, but i've kept it ever since.

My girlfriend and her best mate have taken to calling me 'fluffy', though. Which i like.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
Did an experiment in Chemistry, alkanes and all. I was surprised it wasnt already taken.

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

Lefterisstranger
19 posts

Posted:
Well I choose Lefteris because... thats my real first name ubbloco

--------
I love you all!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: flash fire

Yeah - there are actually a few threads about this around the place, however due to the constant influx of new members, we let a new thread on the subject pop up now and then.....

Interestingly enough, one of the said threads had exactly the same name.

Uncanny no? rolleyes
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1136372737)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
My name is geoff, & one day I started leaving the house. The rest is self explanatory

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ummmm, mines from an olllld game.... character name, then became a gamertag, then became username and then became HoP name... bit sad really ubblol

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
everyone remember pokemon? well as c**p as the show was i liked the sound of the m's in mr mime, and i also like mimes. obviously i couldnt just call myself the same this as from a show, and i found the word majestic to be really cool, for a number of reasons that i find hard to explain. hence Mr Majestic, but i think majestic with a k (majestik) looks more visually appealing so it became Mr majestik!

however, one day i called my friend james 'jmz' and he called me 'mjk' which i now use more often than Mr majestik

go team, mjk

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Title to my intro thread:

"I looked in a mirror and noticed I was infinitely twisted..."

Kinda says it all..
I go on insomnia kicks every so often and came up with the nick while pouncing around the net after about a 4 day wake stretch...

I have many names and tend to go by the moniker that any given group knows me by.. so if I ever happen to meet any of you, feel free to call me suibom or sui or art.. or whatever name you feel you can remember me by :P.. it's amusingly confusing when folks from my different social circles are in the same spot and I have different names thrown at me, puzzling everyone around me... Ahwell.. that's what you get when you don't really associate yourself with any given name.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

JohnVentureBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
Commercial joint-ventures.

I once mispelt it into John-Venture to the greatest amusement of the audience, and found it cool (afterward, obviously) because it sounds a bit like a sort of corporate Indiana Jones (and you don't have the occasion to travel the wild much in a corporate office).

I know, I have a lot of imagination.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hmmmm - almost self-explanatory...

My real name is "Tom" (not "Thomas") and since everyone thinks it's pretty cool to shorten their name to "Tom" people had a hard time to store my number in their cellphone... "ah, which Tom are you?"

As I was the only Tom they knew playing fire... off ya go...

But "Tom" has another meaning (to those who are not aware)... it derives from Hebrew "TeOm", meaning "Gemini", or "Innocence" - which also refers to me.. wink

I'd be interested not only why people choose their boardname, but also (just maybe to give this thread a little more twist - even though I'm SURE that there's a thread about this one already, too) rolleyes

What meaning has your Avatar (if there is any)???

Mine is a pic of me doing ropes and I use it for the internet as "my personal firewall", because people love to project all kinds of crap on someone in the internet (especially if the number of members are around 30.000 it can get "energetically swampy"... wink ) biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
my avatar is me so not a story behind it lol

although my name danielle is from the hebrew meaning god is my judge - "she is as free as the wind and will not be held down, a beautiful butterfly"

and it is true i have not settled down since i was 17 and moved around a lot and no man has tamed me yet

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Dr Hobo. from www.vgcats.com

RIP Dr Hobo. *sniffle*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Me! when I had wool wraps in..
I miss them so frown

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I used to climb like a monkey... and listened to a bit of gorkys zygotic mynci.

and monkey... was a bit...well normal for me... And I'm a big fan of the T.V show Monkey (sometimes called monkey magic biggrin )

and I don't like vowels...there are too many in my name frown ubblol

Edit:

Oh and my avatar was made for me by Linden Rathen. It's a copy of my first Tattoo wink
EDITED_BY: Mynci (1136453671)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Arg Monkey, its so weird!

Well my Avatar isssss *drum role* me. It used to be a picture i put in my gallery and people suggested I use this picture instead as my avatar so I changed it, allthough the avatar shape distorts it somewhat.

Page: