• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

IkleStrawberry
SILVER Member since Nov 2005

IkleStrawberry

Total posts: 17
Posted:Shortly l'll be starting a new club night in Liverpool and due to the recent downfall of another night and the costs of starting a night I need to make sure things are going to go Ok. So If people could just answer a few questions for me or just tell me what they look for in a nightclub Itd be much appreciated.

We will be plaing, EBM, Industrial, Gabba, Psy-trance, dark rave, and such things

Id just like to know things such as:
How important is the decor?
Would drinks prices affect the decision to attend?
Would people be willing to travel for a good night?
and generally what youd like to see/hear

Thanks alot!

~Im playing the game~

Delete Topic

Loewan
BRONZE Member since Aug 2005

Loewan

and behold!

Total posts: 464
Posted:I think the decor really set the mood. But I am not a big fan of those UV psychdelic wall hanging. They just makes the place look kind of tacky. Go for something different! Those UV inflatables seems to work quite well. I think the most important thing is to convince the people that they are somewhere where they are not.

I am not much of a drinker so I am not bothered about the price of drink. As long as I get my bottle of safety water, I am fine if you get what I am saying. wink

It really have to depends on how well the marketing goes and the timing of the show. We went to see Laurent Garnier and the venue was completely packed out. If you put on a good show, people will come but it will also have to depend on how well you time it as well. And something gimmicky would be a draw. Have it at a specfic time of the moon phase or something and make a big deal out of that. Try and coincide with the Pegan calendar maybe?

Psytrance for me plz! biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Delete

Frodo
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

Frodo

old hand

Total posts: 1092
Posted:Performers!!
I know a few good ones too...

passing through, this world still lives.

Delete

schizophrenic_sheep

Total posts: 15
Posted:Id just like to know things such as:
How important is the decor? - don't forget lighting! lighting is very important as anything you put up on the walls. Hmpf, i like metal n funky stuff to look at. If you think about it Krazyhouse doesn't have much of decor, but additional stuff is cool, like arcade games n pool tables are fun. UV lights are a big hit for ravers n their UV gear.

Would drinks prices affect the decision to attend? - well considering when Roadkill first open their drinks were like 4.50 for a double vodka n coke and noone wanted to go cos it was far too expensive for their liking. Me thinks average for double vodka n coke on a student night is 2.50? So pricing is very important. Same to entrance fee, anything above 4 in liverpool during the week day would be considered pricey? sell other stuff like glow sticks, they'd go like wild fire, me thinks quiggins sells them for like 1.50 each?

Would people be willing to travel for a good night? I live 20 mins walk from the town center, don't like transport..
and generally what youd like to see/hear - Anyone know any good trance nights out? I like psy-trance, trance, electronica, n all sorts.

It totally depends if you have a demand as well, so far i don't know if there's anywhere in liverpool that has propper trance clubs (not been there long, if anyone can recommend any!) The only place i know that plays trance is medication on a wednesday, there's places like le bateu that plays electronica, Krazyhouse dance floors a bit [censored], but if you've ever been there, there's quite a few ravers on the sides (meaning if you advertise outside it might go down well)

The only place i've ever been that's played propper psy-trance, trance was Synthetic culture in London, in terms of decor, they didn't have much. The trance room was small but was full. It had a bar, a dj booth, some seating n a few platforms to dance on. They had plenty of UV lights, i guess the most important thing was the music, the dj got the crowd going so well we were all shouting for more.

meh, hope that helps :S:S

Bleh

Delete

Flame Boy
GOLD Member since Jul 2004

Flame Boy

veteran

Total posts: 1508
Posted:ubbidea What I reckon would be super cool is a space set aside for spinners, like a podeum that anyone can get on to show off their stuff for a bit.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Delete

Pikey Phil
GOLD Member since Feb 2005

Pikey Phil

Total posts: 5
Posted:not ANYONE... that could be a disaster!

get your mates to go along and spin, its good to put on a show

Keep it Pikey

Delete

Flame Boy
GOLD Member since Jul 2004

Flame Boy

veteran

Total posts: 1508
Posted:Is this going on?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Delete

faceofspace

stranger

Total posts: 1
Posted:Yoodle !

I am a psytrance producer and dj for the past 10 years i have been living in goa for 6 years. i have recently moved to liverpool and am finding the scene very dry.i cant find any psytrance anywhere i really wanna play somewhere cause i got loads of fresh dance floor stompers that need to be unleashed. any one got any advice for me ?

Delete