• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > *magicly bursting bulbs*

Login/Join to Participate

schizophrenic_sheep

Total posts: 15
Posted:okay, i know i should spin outdoors with a staff or broom, but it's too cold out in the garden n if it's raining so i spin in my bedroom.
The question i'm asking is, what have you broken from spinning indoors?
So far i've de-lighted two bulbs n burst one, it's starting to look suspicous and glass all over the floor isn't a good way to keep a bedroom tidy (so i'm gonna remove the bulb everytime i wanna spin obviously). I even took a bulb out of it's socket once and placed it on the table so i wouldn't hit it, but instead i hit the tray it was on, it flew onto the floor, n the filament inside of it broke, doh'

Bleh

Delete Topic

MaSahara

MaSahara

Total posts: 3
Posted:hmmm.

maybe take your curtains down too, coz with no bulb, youd probably be spinning with fire.

smile

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great with ketchup.

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:blip

bloop

bloo

blah

blee

A great number of things can be found by doing a search smile

Delete

schizophrenic_sheep

Total posts: 15
Posted:hahaha, erm i blame this post on cos i'm a newbie, n this is obviously a classic newbie mistake :P

welps, obviously this freakish accident i have been incuring isn't just isolated to me then.

Bleh

Delete

Twiggy

Twiggy

Total posts: 162
Posted:Bump, yes i did a search and this was the most recent so...

1 more lightbulb to the pile.. 4 this year. Tripping out the power everytime? Why of course tongue

Delete

Asena
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Asena

What a Bummer

Total posts: 3224
Posted:just do the simple thing... take the bulb out, and stick the dangly wire to the ceiling... me and my house mate find it works well, just watch out for stray cups of tea... biggrin

Delete

Nephtys

Nephtys

resident fridge magnet

Total posts: 835
Posted:you're scaring me.... what do stray cups of tea do? Do they savage people when there's not enough to eat in winter?

Children, beware: Hazards of light smashing!!! Read this:

My old studenty room - in a loft and therefore low-ceilinged - used to have a glass light much like this:

Non-Https Image Link

which got broken by the previous inhabitant in a non-juggling-related accident. Being a student, said inhabitant didn't think there was anything wrong with having shards of glass sticking out of his ceiling, so he left it that way.

Then Holland played in the quarter-finals of the eurocup, and after a particularly exiting goal the guy jumps up off the couch with his arms in the air in celebration.... and slashes open both his palms.

There were bloodspatters on the wall for many years.....

everyone's unique except me

Delete

{anthrax}
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

{anthrax}

Look I've changed my title!

Total posts: 209
Posted:lol @ the fact you didn't clean the wall tongue

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

Delete

ananya

ananya

Total posts: 23
Posted:I've got one of those evil strip lights in my student room, and even though I make my poi shorter all the time by wrapping them around my hands I've still managed to knock it skewiff once or twice. I've started to fix this by doing the same trick in reverse and knocking it back into place, though...

Delete

Asena
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

Asena

What a Bummer

Total posts: 3224
Posted:the cup of tea? well my house mate span his staff, knocking the tea all over the sofa...... frown was a good cuppa too, freshly made and all

Delete

Nephtys

Nephtys

resident fridge magnet

Total posts: 835
Posted:Awwwwwww I'm really sorry to hear that Asena hug

weeellllll, I painted the walls fairly quickly after I moved in, but the stains were there for many years before that smile

everyone's unique except me

Delete