Forums > Videos > () - [ - My first Poi Movie - ] - ()

Login/Join to Participate

sypnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Well, hi all - im yuval - from israel .. ( yeah, israeli people play poi like all normal human beings..) any ways

im 17 years old - i play poi for 1.5 years ... i do fire poi, ballz, Clubs and Staff... ( i do only fire poi - all other non fire) :\

im still stuck on the isolation .. can't get my act together yet..

but its pritty good... { i did the movie in "movie maker" so .. :\.. }

i hope you'll like it .. here it is .. and gimme some posetive tips..

thx all

BTW - its 4.7 MB (good compressing _

srry you can't see me .. cuz of the sucky cammera.. but you see the poi pritty well...

- get into the page , scroll down and push free .. then wait 30 sec - and write the code they give you into the text box.. and then download .. ( its free Hosting .. so ...:\ )
here IT IS ---> Click To Get to the download Page

any way .. Gimme some tips.. weavesmiley juggle

syp poi.4.life

pyroman.power

sypnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
cmon ... no comments? :\ ...:\

syp poi.4.life

pyroman.power

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
No comments cause of broken d/l.. the host you're using is/was under maintanence and the download wouldn't happen.. I was able to get it this time around, I'll take a look..

--

Ok.. got it.. took a look.. There's not really much to comment on, as I culdn't really see much at all. Try slowing your spinning down so the fire can be seen. See if you can get another light source in next time around so we can see you as well.
EDITED_BY: Suibom (1136068767)

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I can't see how to d/l it?! confused

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SeGeeSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
U press the "Free" button.

The movie:

You should try and make it lighter because its impossible to see you and what you do. in poi the flames are only 5% of the enjoyment. The persons act is what makes the show nice.

Your moves, I could only see U making butterflys or weave. Dunno if u did anything else cuz its to hard to see. The quality wasnt great either, but works ok.

Should try getting a tripod as well, cuz the camera man was a bit to shaky =)

Music, Ive said it before.. cant have anything to a poi video apart from electro / drum music. No matter how much U love that song. I love rock and [censored] to.

You spin them a bit to fast as well. The flames get to thin. Try move variation in speed. go from slow to fast and slowww and stuff like that., The was the movie was, it seemed as if it just repeated itself. Butterfly, weave, windmill

sypnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
first of all, thx all .. - i did there:

weave, butterfly, windmill, some variation of butterfly.... first movie after all. .. im trying to do isolation but omg i can't grip that move...

now i'll try to slow down my moves and get a better camera man.. that have spotlights...

syp poi.4.life

pyroman.power